What Are Your Struggles?

Options
I figured this could be a good post to see what everyone struggles with so we know we're not alone. And that we all have problems and we can support each other through it.

My struggles: I find myself short of time a lot. I also see so much information out there about cutting carbs, do sprints instead of jogging, and the list goes on. It's like information overload!

Replies

• nicolehuman89
    Options
    My struggles are not eating enough throughout the day and then left with a ton of calories so i end up eating junk food!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Food. Sometimes 1800 calories a day is just not enough.
  • Work! My job is so depressing we celebrate everything to make it more bearable. International Food Day with a potluck, Talk Like A Pirate Day with rum balls, waffles on Veterans Day, today was Cookie Day, we're contemplating Monkey Bread on Monkey Day, 12/14.
  • Ilovehersheys
    Ilovehersheys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Food as well.. Chocolate.. My extremely skinny best friend who doesn't do anything in particular to be that way. :(
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Here's my struggle. I'm at the stage where I am in the lower range of the healthy BMI. My cardiovascular level is excellent due to prolong cardio trainings. I should be cutting down cardio by now for more strength trainings but I find it hard to give up. Part of me is because I'm very obsess with the amount of exercise calories burnt. The higher the better.
  • FrancisFletcher
    Options
    I don't get enough calories but i feel bad about myself if i eat anymore so i go into starve mode or whatever the little pop ups say
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I struggle with consistency:)
  • jimjamsjet
    jimjamsjet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Recovering from a broken leg and ankle and am having surgery next week. I make do though.
  • RachtheOzkiwi
    RachtheOzkiwi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    People telling me what I should be eating and that vegan is wrong
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Parties with food and lots of shots
  • djpro1337
    djpro1337 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about trying to be under the calorie mark, but I am so hungry!

Moosycakes, I totally agree with all the food at parties and to many shots, too! :)
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    All the Xmas parties/lunches etc coming up, and not wanting to appear like Scrooge by not attending/participating!
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Consistency for sure, a few good days and then a few bad days and I'm back to square one.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Being exhausted.

I get 4 or less hours of sleep a day during the work week as I work graveyard. Some days I have the ability to sleep after work or grab a quick nap, but most of the time I am not that lucky. It's really very hard to keep going for long and it's upsetting because not having the energy to exercise demoralizes me.

My schedule got tossed around like crazy starting this week and it's really making life more difficult.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm finally in maintenance after 9 months of losing weight and I am struggling to consistently eat more because I'm scared I'll gain weight (not the case, although I've increased daily calories by 400 so far)
  • taramaraa
    Options
    My self confidence! I seem to really doubt that I'll actually ever lose weight! Such a barrier... On to the battle, I say!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    1. Not drinking enough water daily
    2. Not consistenly exercising
  • mama_bear91215
    mama_bear91215 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    snacking, work is the worst! today we have divorce muffins, pumpkin choc chip...we literally eat over EVERYTHING! and this time of year is hard because patients bring cookies and candy for us too!
  • scparke2
    scparke2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree my problem is all the CHRISTmas goodies to eat.
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth, especially black licorice or snickers bars. I am okay if it is not in the house, but then my husband brings something home and my willpower goes out the door. I just need to get him on board with me (he is overweight too, but not motivated to do something about it yet).