Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The cold makes me want to hibernate. :frown:
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Pantyhose. I hate putting those things on.
    same
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    oops
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I struggle with figuring out what to eat every day, and some days I burn way more than I eat because I'm typically not that hungry. I feel like I have to force myself to eat so I will have enough calories. I"m a very picky eater, so it's hard to be creative and cook and all that so it doesn't get boring. I'm finding some things I like, but I wish I knew more recipes by heart (easy ones) and could just whip up something quickly without so much effort (cooking anything to me feels like a lot of effort). I really don't like frozen dinners and they have too much salt and other bad stuff, but to cook from scratch every night is tough. Keeping up with all the dishes is tough!
  • jomama519
    jomama519 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    my main struggle is continuing to track even when i feel like i've got the process/standard meals down. i often feel like i don't need an app or to have to "DO all this" to lose. but then, when i don't, i eat like a fool and gain! so, sticking with the process of logging and eating more healthily. also, sometimes my "cheat days" spiral into cheat quarters...so, keeping a handle on splurges and negative patterns of leniency is another issue to manage.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Booze. Definitely booze.
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I struggle with planning my meals.

Having one bad meal and giving up for the day.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I struggle with not eating enough calories cause Im worried I will gain the weight back.

OR

When I do eat enough calories I feel paranoid about gaining the weight back.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Booze. Definitely booze.

Yep... that's a hard one. I love wine but decided to give it up on lifting days because it seemed to be holding me back from recovering like I should. Sucks though!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Restaurants that don't report their nutrition information. I hate trying to estimate restaurant food, and I eat out a lot. I like chain restaurants because their info is online, but small, swanky places NEVER have their info. I hate that! :grumble:
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Depression, emotional eating, insomnia, lack of energy, and of course chocolate! I crave it like no other, and too often give in...not to one fun-size candy bar, or a hershey kiss...more like half a bag. :(
  • DonnaAidana
    Options
    My problem is just a lack of progress. I work out and eat at what should be a deficit but I keep stalling and having to go lower and lower. I've been trying to lose this lat 5 pound forever and I'm starting to feel like it's just not going to happen.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    1) Exercise. I'm just not super dedicated here, even though I know even a little strength training and more walking/cycling would go a long way.

2) Alcohol. I love booz e, but fitting it in usually means either shortchanging myself on food or going way over my calorie goal.

3) Money. It's really hard to meet my goals when the house is bare of all but year-old oatmeal and some frozen dinners.

4) Time. I'm a single working mom with no support system. I'd love to get in a bike ride or long walk in the early mornings or late evenings, but I can't leave my son home alone. I'd like to take the long way home from work on my bike but I've gotta rush home to get dinner and homework and bedtime done. Etc.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My struggle is staying in step with my wife. 2 years ago she was way ahead of me, losing weight and running. Now I am way ahead of her. Her job and time required to be away from home killed her drive. On the flip side I have had time to devote to making the changes I wanted to make. Now we cant seem to get on the same page. This affects what we eat, priority of making gym time, etc.
  • katdow87
    katdow87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    not seeing results fast enough, for some reason I've gotten it in my head that if i eat "right" or count my calories for two days,or work out everyday that week. that i should be 10 lbs lighter. then i get discouraged and stop...just to watch the scale numbers increase.
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I struggle with trying to stop drinking diet pop and replacing with more water and I'm addicted to either cough drops or starlight peppermints. Recently I have been able to stop buying the cough drops but with the holiday, I've been buying candy canes and I just crunch them one after another - I just love them!!
  • djpro1337
    djpro1337 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    not seeing results fast enough, for some reason I've gotten it in my head that if i eat "right" or count my calories for two days,or work out everyday that week. that i should be 10 lbs lighter. then i get discouraged and stop...just to watch the scale numbers increase.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Sometimes I think if I work out super hard one day, the belly fat I want gone will disappear. Patience is something I've struggled with as well. Other times I think, is what I'm doing really working? I've gotten results so I'm doing something right, but in the beginning, that's what I thought.
  • djpro1337
    djpro1337 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I struggle with trying to stop drinking diet pop and replacing with more water and I'm addicted to either cough drops or starlight peppermints. Recently I have been able to stop buying the cough drops but with the holiday, I've been buying candy canes and I just crunch them one after another - I just love them!!

Diet soda is good isn't it? What keeps me from drinking it, is the fact it has aspartame, and I've heard a lot of bad things about it. So I just quit drinking it. Water, coffee, and milk for me! And being from the south, I do indulge in the occasional sweet tea. Oh, and I still have a problem from time to time with jolly ranchers! They're so good!
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weekends....yup that just about sums it up.
  • oroblar
    oroblar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is refraining from choking the living crap out of people at work who deserve it. And cookies. Definitely cookies.