What Are Your Struggles?

Options

Replies

• KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ^^ This. I'm gone 12 hours a day and even though I've spent it all sitting at a desk or in a car, I feel exhausted at the end and don't exercise.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Time and energy. I'm out the door by 730-830 and I am rarely home by 830 pm. My partner's currently working midnights, so HE's out the door by 10, so 830-930 is making dinner and catching up briefly. Then he leaves and I'm so exhausted it's hard to do anything but fall into bed.
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    CONSISTENCY: been so freaking cold outside that I don't have the get going to go to the gym regularly and with a man that could eat an elephant and not gain an ounce...
    FOOD: me and the man make such awesome dinners, but then I enter what I eat/ate and well it's always so many calories although healthy food but still. Plus snack days at work and christmas parties.... food food food...
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    As a female, I'm sure you don't really want me to answer that question truthfully. I could go on for pages. :laugh:

:laugh:
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Work! My job is so depressing we celebrate everything to make it more bearable. International Food Day with a potluck, Talk Like A Pirate Day with rum balls, waffles on Veterans Day, today was Cookie Day, we're contemplating Monkey Bread on Monkey Day, 12/14.

Are they taking applications? lol!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I was doing really well with the routine that I had put in place. My adult son moved back in with us and threw everything off. I have been overeating and under excercising. Thanksgiving could have played a role in this too. I have to get back on track...:sad:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am a compulsive eater. I eat for every reason except hunger. (I've been to counseling for this and it helped a lot.)

I am extremely introverted and grew up in a very emotionally neglectful family, so I associate food/eating with comfort, consolation, affection, reward, pleasure, etc. I don't seek emotional support from other people, like most normal people do. I tend to turn to food to meet my emotional needs. I have to be very careful to manage my compulsive eating habits, and this is a lifelong struggle.
  • Tihesiag
    Tihesiag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My struggles are (1) having a very thin husband who eats junk food all the time (2) knowing that my husband do not like fat women (3) finding the time for myself when I work 9 hours a day and commute 3.5 hours and have a son 8 (homework) (4) being so busy since my husband is a pastor.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head: I love food, I love alcohol, too much exercise, not listening to my body, impatience and road rage :smile:
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eating is my biggest problem. I can be good with both diet and exercise with reasonable consistency then I get stressed or upset and bam I eat everything I can lay my hands on...

Being a tired, single mum going through a tough divorce and working probably doesn't help but I am damned if I am going to fail!!
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My struggle is having to work through joint and muscular pain, and listening to people laugh and tease me about it. Its very funny to them that people actually get old and have pains that slow them down.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My MOM! She doesn't have long - that's the biggest thing I'm preoccupied with right now.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    laziness. sheer laziness. AND Beer.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    This is very easy: Having a thin husband that can eat and drink WHATEVER he wants and never gains a pound... the problem comes in because he does most of the cooking and ends up adding extra cheese, butter, oil, etc to everything! I HATE to cook but find myself insisting on doing it myself more that way I can control how many calories are in everything.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    My struggle is having to work through joint and muscular pain, and listening to people laugh and tease me about it. Its very funny to them that people actually get old and have pains that slow them down.

I am 28 and I have a lot of this too. I inherited bad knees (i'm sure the extra 40lbs on my joints doesn't help) so I hear you there... I love to run so I just have to work through the pain and ice my knees often.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My struggles are (1) having a very thin husband who eats junk food all the time (2) knowing that my husband do not like fat women (3) finding the time for myself when I work 9 hours a day and commute 3.5 hours and have a son 8 (homework) (4) being so busy since my husband is a pastor.

UGH. My commute is 3 hours too, on top of a 9 hour workday. It's so grinding!
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Right now my struggles are trying to get myself motivated to workout again. Spring/Summer is easier for me because I love going outside, but when it's cold I just want to go home and not do anything. I have been doing my Xbox Zumba so I'm getting there and making it fun by doing it with my family.
  • katmdempsey
    katmdempsey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My struggle: the war I play with myself in my head. I exercise daily and eat a good diet, but the scale is going in the wrong direction. I may not be eating enough. This "net calorie" thing is taking a while to get used to. I'm not always eating the calories I burn, thinking I'd lose more. Guess it doesn't work that way. I'm new to calorie counting, so I'm just going to give it time. Might not help that I weigh myself daily!
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Comfort eating of junky stuff.

Portion control- thinking "that's tiny" when I measure out how much I'm supposed to have!
  • PSlosing29
    PSlosing29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1. Drinking enough water
    2. Over coming my stress eating (starting to slow down on this one now)
    3. Its cold outside, and gets dark too early now. I'm a stay at home mom of 2 toddlers, and I cant seem to get out for cardio during this month. (Might need to join a gym)