What Are Your Struggles?

Options

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My struggle is putting up with other MFP bloggers telling me that the diet I am currently on and that is working marvellously for both weight loss and health stats is a bogus diet fad. My struggle is MFP idiots, who have public food diaries, displaying junk food, processed food, mcdonalds, take aways, pills, powders, packaged crap, etc, telling me to eat their "optimal" way, where I eat REAL FOOD prepared at home +95% of the time. My struggle is coping with idiots who have been blessed being born with a metabolism that can process anything and still make them lean telling me that my situation that I have been born with is all my fault...sort of like a redhead telling me, eat more carrots, I eat carrots everyday, look at my hair, isn't it awesome, you are obviously not eating enough carrots!
  • SanchezYo
    SanchezYo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my struggle is I have been at my plato for 2 months & not really seeing changes. Changed up my workout & some of my food, but nothing. Also, not drinking enough water.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    not seeing results fast enough, for some reason I've gotten it in my head that if i eat "right" or count my calories for two days,or work out everyday that week. that i should be 10 lbs lighter. then i get discouraged and stop...just to watch the scale numbers increase.

Or even one pound. Or not gain. Taking a deep breath and trusting the process and tracking over all progress can take some time.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I struggle with trying to stop drinking diet pop and replacing with more water and I'm addicted to either cough drops or starlight peppermints. Recently I have been able to stop buying the cough drops but with the holiday, I've been buying candy canes and I just crunch them one after another - I just love them!!

What about replacing both with peppermint tea?
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Kids food. Including Cheerios. Goldfish crackers. Etc. It's in the house. And then it's in my mouth.
  • trinityoflove
    trinityoflove Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I struggle with inconsistency. Some days I don't eat enough, some days it feels like I can't stop being hungry. With the weather the way it has been, I can go walking for 2 or 3 days a week but then it gets too cold for me to go (I get asthma symptoms in the cold), but I can't afford to go to a gym.
    Plus, I live with my father and a teenage brother who love to snack all day long, so there is always plenty of junk food in the house and dinners are usually dependent on what they want to have.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    consistency, being lazy, going over my calorie limit.
  • britteliz1
    britteliz1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Work. I do really well eating when I'm home, but when I'm there, it's a struggle. Mostly because we're so short handed, that for my shift, I'm stuck in a room with no chance at all to just get up and walk around, clear my head, etc.

So it doesn't matter what I bring with me, I always find myself so hungry near the end of my 10 to 12 hour shift.

Also, eating out. Not so much fast food, but little mom and pop restaurants where the calorie information isn't available. I have a hard time figuring out what the heck I'm eating.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    My struggle is that I wake up super ready for an awesome day of working out and eating right. Then I sit at my desk for 8 hours straight and then have to drive in crappy traffic. By the time I get home, I just want to eat and sleep. I take walks on my hour lunch every day and it doesn't seem enough. I need to kick some *kitten*!!!

And no, I won't wake up early to work out. I already get up at 5am and it's cold as hell!!!
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Trying to find what works best for ME. I agree... total information overload!

Also, sugar...
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    In life? Too many!
    Related to fitness? - Not enough food(i love food), not much strength training yet(no proper guidance/time available in person), knee issue keeps flaring up, protein intake..thats about it!
  • silveropes
    silveropes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    struggles let me see if I have enough fingers and toes....

1to many clothes that shrunk in the washer and dryer and I have nothing in my closet that fits.
    2The calories they give me to consume never feels like enough.
    3 my hubby and bro in law can eat whatever and do and never gain a lbs so my fridge/freezer has ice cream cookies candy ect. I like them too.
    4 b/c of the way my work schedule is I don't get a lunch break since I work only part time so I go forever between meals and want to binge on whatever my eyes see.
    5. I love all food just in general.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What are my struggles?

When I am trying to deadlift 300... And ive done it before as a PR and it wont come up. THATS a struggle :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    My biggest struggle is refraining from choking the living crap out of people at work who deserve it. And cookies. Definitely cookies.

I struggle with not choking people either... Most dumb people on FB that annoy me. Good thing they're behind a computer screen! and cookies.. well, I like them, and they never give me a struggle going down :wink:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    In life? Too many!
    Related to fitness? - Not enough food(i love food), not much strength training yet(no proper guidance/time available in person), knee issue keeps flaring up, protein intake..thats about it!

Hey Suziepoo! Not enough food, yup... I can relate! and just keep liftin', and PM me if you need help :flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Biggest struggle?
    Being a single mom (shared custody) with a house, full time job (40 hour /week ), 10 hours commute, kids that are 6 and 8, extra work that can be done at home, legal matters, budgeting, house work, laundry and this stupid desire for down time...

Sometimes I struggle with finding time or energy to work out.

all the rest
    - the inner voice that is rarely happy with myself.. my looks, my work, my home. that voice like to try and defeat me
    - the lazy self that wants to just sit on the couch and watch one episode of tv... and then spends the night on the couch

- chocolate
    - tim hortons
    - starbucks' fancy schmancy peppermint white chocolate mocha with caramel and every sin known to man beverages

- too lazy to make food for myself (the kids usually have dinner with their dad before I pick them up after work)
    - too tired to plan ahead in terms of diet and food prep and therefore, grabs fast or frozen food

- not enough sleep
    - not enough water

I could continue ... but I'll leave it there. :)
  • joelann10
    joelann10 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weekends and the drinky poos:happy:
  • pinkpatron
    Options
    My struggles right now are not food or weight related.

My husband is sick and the doctors cant figure out what's wrong, its preventing me from being able to get up in the morning and get to the gym

My best friend is sick and there's nothing I can do
  • WhisperingCloud
    WhisperingCloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Skinny friends who act horrified by my methods, acting like I'm starving myself because I refuse dessert.
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    My struggle is not eating close to enough, thus, starvation mode and slow metabolism