WORST gift your SO could get you for Christmas?

Options

Replies

• sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    NOTHING... after I bought him a new cellphone and a suit.

well, not truly "nothing" as the day before x-mas, i was looking at a $15 sweater @ wallie world.... i went to buy it and he grabbed it out of my hands, paid for it, then said, "Merry xmas" (he really said x-mas, not Christmas). but that was all I technically got... winner me
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Herpes.

Haven't gotten it, but you're asking for worst case...

mwhahhahahaa!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Meat or cheese of the month club (I'm vegan)
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I got a toaster for Mother's Day once.....
  • beccy2372
    Options
    I got a USB stick for my 40th from my then boyf. I dumped him a week later!
  • alywei37
    Options
    Any cleaning supplies or gadget
    A camera (only because I wanted to purchse one for myself and he talked me out of it)
    An elliptical (see above, AND there is no romance in workout stuff)

I got an elliptical for my past birthday and i love it...
    Although, it was funny to see him under the family fire when he said that he bought me fitness equiptment as a gift over the dinner table at a gathering. I swear seven women had their chin drop to the table.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    A Christmas sweater.

A-Florida-Christmas.jpg

Seriously... where can I get this? My wife would LOVE it. Not even kidding.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yankees tickets. Because **** the yankees.

^^^ THIS. Or, an Ellsbury jersey.......... :explode:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    A Christmas sweater.

A-Florida-Christmas.jpg

I'm not helping spread the evil of Christmas sweaters.

But in reality, I don't know where you'd get it.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    the worst gift I can think of that could actually happen is gold jewelry.. like yellow gold that my grandmother wears. he knows i hate that stuff.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    A dead cat would bt the worst....but not a commonly gifted item.

Worst common gift type item....
    Diamond earrings.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I LOVE my Kitchen Aid (mother's day), Toaster Oven (birthday), Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pans (birthday), Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven (wedding).... Hubby got a new Crockpot (birthday), Pasta Pot (Christmas) and we bought a set of Pots & Pans for Christmas for each other. LOL

To each his own -- but, why the hatred for the kitchen items? Must be in homes where someone is expected to do the cooking. In my house we love the cooking!

The worst gift I can think of would be a surprise pet of any kind. Never happened to me, because I am 100% vocal and up front about it. No - No - No. Pets are not something we give unexpectedly. We talk about it as a family and decide together.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I had our first Christmas together (before we were married), I weighed 120 lbs and was a size 10. He managed to pick out some nice gifts, but was lost when it came to getting my stocking stuffers, so he called my sister and asked her what typically got put into stockings. She mentioned candy, toothbrushes, toothpaste, underwear, etc.

So yeah. He got me underwear. Size 10 underwear. He tried! He just had no clue how women's underwear is sized.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The worst gift? An IOU for something that never materialised.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    To each his own -- but, why the hatred for the kitchen items? Must be in homes where someone is expected to do the cooking. In my house we love the cooking!

I would be stoked if I got a stand mixer and a new food scale for Christmas.

With that said the BEST present I got for Christmas was a S&W .38 special.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    A Christmas sweater.

A-Florida-Christmas.jpg

While I detest traditional Chrostmas sweaters....I love colorful and eclectic and would so wear this! Probably in April or May.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    My husband always says he going to get me one of those 5lb candy bars, which would sit and tempt me to eat it all.
  • alphabull
    alphabull Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would guess, Divorce paperwork.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had a "worst gift" because I appreciate the time, money and though put into every gift I get, regardless of if it was dissapointing or not.

I'm glad I'm not exchanging gifts this year and doing family activities instead for the holidays. No "bad" gifts or gifts to be jealous of that others got that were better than the ones I gave, just real Christmas values and fun without the consumerism bull****.

ETA: Although some of the "gifts" listed here are quite terrible and I wouldn't want :laugh:
  • Llamedos1960
    Options
    I would guess, Divorce paperwork.

I would so love to get this for Christmas!!!

I got NOTHING for my 26th wedding anniversary this year. :cry: