WORST gift your SO could get you for Christmas?

Options

Replies

• nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A Christmas sweater.

A-Florida-Christmas.jpg

I need to get an ugly sweater for my guy. That would be a joke gift as I already got him some very awesome gifts: xbox external hard drive, a freaking awesome winter jacket, a nice bottle of whiskey, a tv series on dvd that he wants, xbox live, a bunch of stocking stuffers...... so the ugly sweater would just be the joke gift.

I don't think I've ever really gotten a bad gift, and doubt it's going to happen this year as I am a spoiled woman :) and the guy knows me well. :)
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Here is a TRUE story.

My birthday is a few days before Christmas, so I never really get a celebration just for me. So I had been dating this guy for about 3 years and he told me he was going to make my birthday all about me for once. I was so excited!! I had a small get-together with close friends, and he told me he wanted to give me my "extra special" gift after everyone had left. I was hoping for jewelry or something equally romantic.

Instead... he pulled out a giant popcorn tin. You know, the kind you get at Christmas that's divided into three different flavors? It wasn't even wrapped! And I think the very worst part was that it had a huge Santa face on the tin - he must've picked it up at a grocery store on the way over (those things cost about $8). This was his way of separating my birthday from Christmas?? I thought he was joking, but he was completely serious. He said he knew I liked popcorn and was quite pleased with himself. I was so shocked/confused that I awkwardly pretended to like it, then acted like I was tired and said I was going to bed.

When he left I called my friend to share the horror that had just gone on, and she said maybe he had hidden a romantic surprise in the popcorn. So I checked. Nope. Three years of dating and he knew how I felt left out on my birthday because of all the Christmas hype - and he got me a CHRISTMAS POPCORN TIN??

We broke up before the New Year and to this day my friends call him "Popcorn Boy."
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My DH hasn't gotten me anything awful. Worst hypothetically would be nothing, or something that he was really buying for himself.

Worst gifts I've been given are monogrammed everything (I hyphenated my name so it wasn't even MY initial), off brand tupperware, and used cooking magazines (I don't do the cooking in my relationship and detest cooking, which this person was aware of and apparently thought they were going to change my mind).
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    An invitation to be the guest on Maury.

Awesome! Perfect answer!
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    worst gift?

nothing.

from someone who said he deeply loved me.

Now I get bike parts =D
    Man knows how to win a ladies hard over- last year got my suspension fully upgraded- the year before that steel braided brake lines and new brake pads.
    This year I'm getting a new sproket and chain!!! WOOT WOOT

Yep, this year I got a bike, last year I got a car (an oldish one but still!)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    (for the record, my husband is really awesome at picking out gifts for me...I kinda stink at the gift giving thing and sometimes feel bad for him because I get cool gifts for birthdays and christmas and he doesn't always and it's my fault)
  • rosemary98
    Options
    something chocolate or sweet. i have no control.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Jelly of the Month Club. She said it was the gift that keeps on giving. (I'm allergic to jelly)
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Nothing.... Happens every year.... My fault for marrying a non celebrator... I just go but myself whatever I want though :)
  • nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Herpes.

Haven't gotten it, but you're asking for worst case...

:') THIS
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    This is my mother:

Mom.jpg
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Pregnant. Not now. Anything but that! :laugh:
  • catnipburrito
    Options
    Herpes
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't wear or like jewelry. If my husband ever bought me jewelry, I would be sad and think he either fell victim to the sappy commercials that run incessantly this time of year and/or that he doesn't really know me at all.

But, I am also certain that my husband would never buy me jewelry. :-)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I LOVE my Kitchen Aid (mother's day), Toaster Oven (birthday), Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pans (birthday), Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven (wedding).... Hubby got a new Crockpot (birthday), Pasta Pot (Christmas) and we bought a set of Pots & Pans for Christmas for each other. LOL

To each his own -- but, why the hatred for the kitchen items? Must be in homes where someone is expected to do the cooking. In my house we love the cooking!

This! My husband has actually asked for a Kitchenaide this year...the pink one! :huh: Hahaha, he's a special case.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    What is the absolute WORST present you have gotten, or can imagine getting, from your significant other for Christmas?

Mine was actually given to me right before Christmas one year...before I separated from my (now) ex husband, during counseling we agreed that there would be no more sex until he straightened some stuff out...

So he bought me a bullet.

Gotta give him points for balls! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think a rifle would be the worst thing. I keep telling my wife I'd like an ar15... she's a huge anti-gun person.

So I know if she buys me one, the relationship is over.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Here is a TRUE story.

My birthday is a few days before Christmas, so I never really get a celebration just for me. So I had been dating this guy for about 3 years and he told me he was going to make my birthday all about me for once. I was so excited!! I had a small get-together with close friends, and he told me he wanted to give me my "extra special" gift after everyone had left. I was hoping for jewelry or something equally romantic.

Instead... he pulled out a giant popcorn tin. You know, the kind you get at Christmas that's divided into three different flavors? It wasn't even wrapped! And I think the very worst part was that it had a huge Santa face on the tin - he must've picked it up at a grocery store on the way over (those things cost about $8). This was his way of separating my birthday from Christmas?? I thought he was joking, but he was completely serious. He said he knew I liked popcorn and was quite pleased with himself. I was so shocked/confused that I awkwardly pretended to like it, then acted like I was tired and said I was going to bed.

When he left I called my friend to share the horror that had just gone on, and she said maybe he had hidden a romantic surprise in the popcorn. So I checked. Nope. Three years of dating and he knew how I felt left out on my birthday because of all the Christmas hype - and he got me a CHRISTMAS POPCORN TIN??

We broke up before the New Year and to this day my friends call him "Popcorn Boy."

YOU WIN. What a tool that guy was.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend got me a gift certificate to the tanning place. I'm a ginger, I don't tan. I'm pretty sure it was the only place still open on Christmas Eve when he bought it.
  • julie3227
    Options
    My ex gave me pair of undies that he later told me he stole -__-
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    To each his own -- but, why the hatred for the kitchen items? Must be in homes where someone is expected to do the cooking. In my house we love the cooking!

Because most people can't cook.