WORST gift your SO could get you for Christmas?

Options

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    What is the absolute WORST present you have gotten, or can imagine getting, from your significant other for Christmas?

Mine was actually given to me right before Christmas one year...before I separated from my (now) ex husband, during counseling we agreed that there would be no more sex until he straightened some stuff out...

So he bought me a bullet.

Gotta give him points for balls! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think a rifle would be the worst thing. I keep telling my wife I'd like an ar15... she's a huge anti-gun person.

So I know if she buys me one, the relationship is over.

You like guns, and you married an anti-gun person? :laugh: I'm sure that makes for AMAZING conversations
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    A dead cat would bt the worst....but not a commonly gifted item.

The universe gave me one of these one year. Nothing worse than burying the family pet Christmas morning.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My ex made a huge deal about how he had gotten me this amazing gift 2 years ago that was really expensive. So I freaked out and got him this really nice flat screen Tv that he wanted.

You know what he got me?

A USED 2nd generation iPod shuffle.

Also on my birthday he bought me a pair of earrings. My ears aren't pierced because I am very prone to infection. v.v
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    A Christmas sweater.

A-Florida-Christmas.jpg

Seriously... where can I get this? My wife would LOVE it. Not even kidding.

honestly if my husband gave me that, I'd die laughing and then proceed to wear it to Christmas dinner over a cheetah shirt with gold chain belt over black leggings with black long boots and some enameled black and gold earrings. Styled correctly that sweater would be HAWT at family christmas. LOL. I'm into quirky clothes sometimes. And quirky gifts. And my quirky hubby. He buys me enough stylish and shiny things all year long that if he wants to give me a lightweight vaccuum cleaner due to my back or a 3 day barrage of delivered flowers, or a bracelet made out of string or something, it's just as nice to me. Even a toaster would be nice if it were part of a story like that our old toaster oven caught on fire or something. He always has such great ideas and I can run with it no matter what it is. He's a gifts genius.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My ex husband bought me a regular snickers.... At least he was thoughtful in getting me a candy bar I adore.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    What is the absolute WORST present you have gotten, or can imagine getting, from your significant other for Christmas?

Mine was actually given to me right before Christmas one year...before I separated from my (now) ex husband, during counseling we agreed that there would be no more sex until he straightened some stuff out...

So he bought me a bullet.

Gotta give him points for balls! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think a rifle would be the worst thing. I keep telling my wife I'd like an ar15... she's a huge anti-gun person.

So I know if she buys me one, the relationship is over.

You like guns, and you married an anti-gun person? :laugh: I'm sure that makes for AMAZING conversations

:laugh:

Heh, yeah. She met me in college, where I didn't have my guns with me in SF. It works though, and she knows I have both the means and will to put holes in anyone who threatens her safety.

Our compromise is that I don't wave em around, 'murica! style, and she doesn't donate to the Brady campaign. ;)
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    NOTHING..
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh but I SHOULD answer the question...the worst gift my SO ever gave me for Christmas was going on a beer and wine run while hosting Christmas for some of his family. It's not his fault but his ill timed grocery restock visit left time for his mom to decide and announce she was leaving and ignore my protests while asking her adult but nutty daughter to collect their gifts because they wanted to make it home in time to open them at midnight. So sis in law pulls a garbage bag out of her purse and starts rushing collecting "their" gifts that had been put by other guests and ourselves under the tree.

When hubby arrives they are already in their cars and he's looking at me and I'm like..."I couldn't stop them". We hang out with whatever family is left and midnight becomes quite awkward when passing gifts time comes and people go to hand their gift to someone and some are missing, lots really. People just keep looking at me like "why did you let that happen" and I made my husband vow NEVER to leave me alone with his family again at our house, because the onus was on me to keep them here in everyone's eyes and I apparently failed. For days we were getting calls of "So did you like your gift/gloves/gift card/ etc. and we had to be like, no sorry, sis in law packed the bag and we don't know what she took from under our tree?"
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Chlamydia

Not from personal experience... just thought of the worst thing I could think of
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I think I can honestly say that I've only really gotten 1 good gift ever from a boyfriend, and he's the current one from last Christmas...all the others would buy sweaters and scarves the week of Chrismas from the local Target or Kohls, or 1 year, I got a snuggie...womp womp wommmmmmmp. I have a history of dating guys who put little thought into anyone but themselves while I stress for the perfect gifts.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Not from my SO but still worst gifts.

When my husband & I got married my brother gave me a check that was post dated and when we got back from our honeymoon asked us not to cash, that was over 3 years ago.

My husband's cousin told me for about 8 months before the wedding that he had this great gift, that I was going to cry, that it was so thoughtful. Then he got us nothing, not even a card.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I went all out last yr for my bf, we had been together for years so I spent tons of money on his gifts and his family and he gave me a.....break up. Yup, but waited until after everyone got their gifts. The kicker, I found out his mom bought me my gifts each yr bcuz he was too cheap, didnt even buy me anything for my birthday. I laugh about it now :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Hard to imagine a worst gift. Our first Christmas together, my fiance got me bottles of Patron, Cabo and Don Julio! :drinker:

My parents usually get me household items like a crockpot or sweeper, which I don't mind because those are things I need and don't want to buy myself...
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    Options
    My ex gave me a beautiful diamond necklace...but misspelled my name on the card. I get I have an uncommon name but we were together for almost 2 yrs at this time.
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My mother in law bought me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas 2 years ago. Still sitting in the box.

The year before she got me a plaid flannel long sleeved shirt in black/white colors (I totally dislike plaid and I totally dislike flannel)

The year before THAT she stole my white elephant gift I opened which was a 3 crock pot food warmer... she doesn't cook and then gave it to the 9 year old great niece... in front of me.

The first year I was with my husband, then BF, she bought me a box of condoms....ribbed. Said they were better because they did not break

So, um, yea. I'm thinking I missed my cue to go with the first present of condoms. LOL :drinker:
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Nothing.... Happens every year.... My fault for marrying a non celebrator... I just go but myself whatever I want though :)

I would totally love being able to go out and by myself whatever I wanted! YAY! Nice gift! :smile:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    An invitation to be the guest on Maury.

:laugh: This one had me in splits..love it!
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know. Maybe just... more *stuff* in general. My gf and I are baking for people's gifts this year, and we might actually get each other some other things, but I really do not need more stuff I have no use for, lol. But even then, I'd probably think it's cute.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Not a Christmas gift but my husbands parents told us they were sending us on a cruise for our honeymoon, leaving New Orleans, going to Hawaii and places like that. Totally awesome since my hubby and I haven't really been very far away from Kansas/Missouri area that we live. So right after the wedding (at the courthouse) his mom gives me and envelope, in the card is written, "All the money you guys owe us is wiped clean. Congratulations!"

That would have been something, if we hadn't already paid them back.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Divorce papers...will never happen but that would be the worst.