Fast Food Workers Striking?!?!?

Options
CrusherKun
CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
Ok....I respect a person who wants to better themselves and make more money, but come on....Fast Food Workers Striking?

While i agree some conditions are not the best that some of these people work in, but just demanding more money and striking on days they should be working?

I know a ton of Unemployed or underemployed people who would love to have work right now. If i was one of them, I would walk right in, turn and point at a striker, and ask for their job!

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BETTER PAYING, GO GET IT.....DONT DEMAND IT!

-CK

Replies

• PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Anyone who's upset because he can't get his Big Mac because the people who make it actually want a fair wage is a tool.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this is true but honestly the **** fast food workers have to go through sometimes I wouldn't be surprised if they went on strike.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks minimum wage is not MORE than a fair wage for making a big mac is a few fries short of a happy meal themselves.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks minimum wage is not MORE than a fair wage for making a big mac is a few fries short of a happy meal themselves.

This. Cooking a Big Mac is not worth $10-15 an hour.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    hamburglar-steals-mcdonalds-drive-through.gif
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    oh no no no.. they should be entitled to make 10-15/hr for putting 40 fries in a cardboard container with no education right out of high school performing unskilled labor.. working hard for something in life? ... days gone by .. :huh: /sarcasm
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I would quit my job and go work fast food.
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    This is a true thing going on today. Local and national media are touting this as a nationwide event.

Im just sad to say that we live in such an entitlement nation.

As long as Subway doesnt go on strike....the rest can suffer!

-CK
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Every job worked at full time hours should pay a living wage.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Working fast food should be a stepping stone to getting a better job... not a career position. :bigsmile:
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!

Yeah, who cares that a trained monkey can do the job and you have NO marketable skills whatsoever. You should make more money because you breath, damnit! [/sarcasm]

God, the entitlement some people feel is sickening. If you want to make more money, make yourself more valuable. If you are stuck earning minimum wage, news flash: YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING NOTHING WORTH MORE THAN THAT!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder with this one (bc honestly have no idea)

What the impact of getting their desired raise would be for the ones (I imagine a good amount) that receive government benefits?

Also, might make for a very sad tax refund season for most all of them.
  • CrusherKun
    Options

Its not like we are talking about the old $5.25 per hour job wage here....i think most MC jobs start at $8.00 per hour....Yeah thats enough. These are first time jobs....for some they are just launch pads while going to school or just starting in the work force. If they want more pay, do something that not many can do. Anyone can flip a burger! If you cant do more than that...well then your lifestyle needs to reflect that income. Too many are trying to live above themselves IMHO.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!

Yeah, who cares that a trained monkey can do the job and you have NO marketable skills whatsoever. You should make more money because you breath, damnit! [/sarcasm]

God, the entitlement some people feel is sickening. If you want to make more money, make yourself more valuable. If you are stuck earning minimum wage, news flash: YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING NOTHING WORTH MORE THAN THAT!
    So if everyone finds a better job that's not fast food, who's going to supply me with McChickens?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!

I would agree, if the cost of living wasn't in such a discrepancy with the minimum wage.

When I say a living wage, I mean a wage that puts a roof over your head and food in your belly. I'm not talking about phone and tv subscriptions, internet access, iphones, cars etc.
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I died!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Working fast food should be a stepping stone to getting a better job... not a career position. :bigsmile:

Yeah, because everyone has that choice in life. Not.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

I died!!

LMAO!
  • alywei37
    Options

Preach.