How do you make people understand?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Why does dieting have to be that miserable? Surely you could squeeze a dessert in without derailing your entire diet? Sure, if you have an issue with portion control I could maybe see your point but I'm not quite understanding why you cant have fun and indulge?

This. This needs to be a sustainable change. You need to be able to manage an evening out. Since you know the date of the event, plan accordingly to fit it in your budget.

And remember that your calorie goal can be evened out over the week. If it helos, cut 100 calories off each day of the week to "save" them for that evening. Or add more exercise that week. Whatever you can do to manage it. Then enjoy your time out with your hubby.

Eta: OP, I did not read all the posts in the thread before I posted this. I had to come back and say that I had not read your post as a negative post about your hubby, more about how frustrating it can be to plan an evening out. It is hard to do so, and I can see some insecurity in your husband's new found need to take you out to eat. I went through this with my hubby too. Instead of wanting to go out, he would always make "jokes" about how I was losing weight and would want a new man. As much as possible try to reassure him that nothing is changing between the two of you, unless it is for the better!