Starting weight for Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween..

Options

Replies

• bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have been on MFP since March and I had lost 15 pounds and then gained 10 of that back pretty quickly. I am having trouble with staying on track. I would love the support of others. I love sweets and it is so hard to deny myself of them. My starting weight is 190 and I would like to get to 170 or just where I feel comfortable with myself. The number is important and all, but how I feel is more important to me because I think I will be gaining muscle as well. I love supporting others and hearing other people's stories. It is really motivation.

I look forward to being part of this group and being held accountable for my actions.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Can I still join?

My name is Rosie and my starting weight is 260lbs. My goal weight for Halloween would be 240lbs.

Of course you can. :D
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hi bballgrrl34. We're all here for each other, and I'm more than ready to help support you as you work towards your goal. :) Feel free to friend me!
  • lovemepurple88
    lovemepurple88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am going to join you guys a couple of days late. I only just saw your forum! I am currently around 239.5 after a relapse of unhealthiness, but it wasn't long lived or overly severe. My biggest challenge is remaining motivated, but I am on a three day roll and I know that I can keep it up. I focus on my day to day choices because the little things usually add up. When I lose 20 pounds by Halloween, I would weigh 219 pounds and hopefully I would fit into my favorite winter coat which I outgrew about 15 pounds ago.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I had an outdoor wedding, too! But it was in Las Vegas in August. :laugh: My guests were a little unhappy with the heat, but I told them they had no right to complain since they weren't the one wearing a floor-length chiffon gown.

I'm think I'm going to take a note from Bobby McFerrin and make "Don't Worry, Be Happy" my new mantra.
    My Oct 18th wedding was outdoor as well at a local park..such a beautiful day! Weather temp was just right. My entrance with my dad was a clydesdale horse carriage and my hubby and my exit to the reception was the same. Such a great day!

Anyway, weighin this morning didn't budge due to TOM, gonna weigh in tomorrow and see if anything has changed. Happy Friday all :) Welcome to all the new people :)
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new people, you are welcomed at anytime. No deadline when to start.. :)

Bru, that sounds beautiful. I didnt have anything like that.. My Brothers Walked me down the isle because my dad passed away in 2005. It was a beautiful day.. It was like 70 degrees.. The happiest day of my life..

Hope everyones weigh ins come out ok.. Looking forward to seein the numbers this week.. :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I lost 1lb this week! 20lb more to go before I meet my 180lb goal! I'll need to step it up and lose 2-3lbs per week to really rock it! But I'm glad I'm on track at least :)
  • Flotus87
    Flotus87 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hows everyones week going? How you feeling about your weight this week? Confidence?

Just did my weekly weigh in and am at 263 even. It still leaves me to wonder if my start weight of 273 was inflated by TOM or excess water weight due to not drinking all my water each day. Either way I'm extremely happy with where I'm at today. It makes the idea of me getting to my overall goal seem more possible. Based on where I'm at to reach my H20 goal of 253 I only have 10lbs to go. I am officially amending my H20 goal right here, right now though to push myself to be down to 250 even by Halloween. so that means 13lbs to go. I just hope that with school and work starting up next week I can keep as active as I have been and keep making my smart food choices.
  • Michelle_isthebestest
    Options
    I know i am late in the game now, but i still want to do this with all you ladies.....i have not weighed myself for awhile but im pretty sure i am about 160 if not more. I really need somehting to get back to a good state of workout mind so hopefully this will help! good luck to all!
  • FitRosie
    FitRosie Posts: 13
    Options
    My aunt is having an October wedding next year and I'm psyched about it. Autumn, in my mind, is the best time for a wedding. The trees are turning and the weather is usually crisp but not cold. Perfect weather for gowns :)

I'm hoping to be at goal weight for her wedding, that give me over a year to get it done.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Bru, the Clydesdale entrance sounds spectacular.

April, Just hearing how your wedding day was perfect makes me all warm and happy inside.

Kitsune, yaaaay on the loss! You're going to find your stellar loss grove and be at your goal in no time.

Flotus87, check you out, upping the ante! Halloween and the number 13 go perfectly together. :)

Welcome to the new members!

Question for April - what are your plans for continuing our group? Are you going to start weekly topics for us to all post and chat in? Or are we going to continue here? Just wondering if the message boards have a cap on how many posts a topic thread can house.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    H20 start weight - 220
    1st Weigh in - 217.8
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Bru, the Clydesdale entrance sounds spectacular.

April, Just hearing how your wedding day was perfect makes me all warm and happy inside.

Kitsune, yaaaay on the loss! You're going to find your stellar loss grove and be at your goal in no time.

Flotus87, check you out, upping the ante! Halloween and the number 13 go perfectly together. :)

Welcome to the new members!

Question for April - what are your plans for continuing our group? Are you going to start weekly topics for us to all post and chat in? Or are we going to continue here? Just wondering if the message boards have a cap on how many posts a topic thread can house.

We can carry on to a new thread.. Just make it week 2. :) Ill do that here ina few.. I still need ideas for after halloween.. :)
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Week two Message Board..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/116356-week-2-h20-challenge-20-pounds-by-halloween

Continue on over peeps.. :) Look forward to seeing you over there.. Gonna do weekly Message boards so we dont run out of room.. So come on over!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    H20 start weight - 220
    1st Weigh in - 217.8

Way to go!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Welcome Tina, Chandra, and Rosie.. Along with all the other newbies that I didnt mention.. :)<3
  • teatee
    teatee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 lbs this week
    Starting weight 305
    1st weigh in 303
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Hi all! I would love to join this too and challenge myself to lose 20 lbs. I'm also doing the 30 day shred challenge so hopefully that will help get my rumpus in gear! Start weight 215 lbs (I weighed myself this a.m. and was 216, but I want to ignore that since I know I could have been better last week) so my goal end weight is 195 lbs. Yeah!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    AngelDog1 and teetea, you should move on over to our H20 Week 2 thread. :)

www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/116356-week-2-h20-challenge-20-pounds-by-halloween?page=1#posts-1588805
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1.4 pounds this week. :smile: