Random acts of kindness - What have you done lately?

Options
Sinisterly
Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
Random acts of kindness.

I got a homeless man a bag of food after everyone walked past him and ignored him, he was very thankful.
I asked him if he wanted the food first, of course. Didn't want to offend him if he didn't. He gladly accepted it :)

What have you done lately for someone else, be it a stranger or someone that you know?

Replies

• coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    helped 2 neighbours shovel their snow
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Not kill them...Jk....sorta
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

This. Blew twelve inches off my neighbour's driveway. Twice.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    Options

This. Blew twelve inches off my neighbour's driveway. Twice.

^^ This is why you are the popular neighbors.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have refrained from telling off a mean lady that I see on a daily basis and from pointing out all her glaringly obvious flaws. You're welcome gossipy ho! :flowerforyou:
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I woke up early on Friday to cook breakfast and brew coffee for my boyfriend.

I helped a short, elderly lady get a product off of the top shelf while I was shopping.

I saw a girl crying in her car at a gas station and asked if she was okay. She asked if I would mind giving her $5 USD in exchange for some Canadian money so she could put gas in her car. She was visiting family in the US and ran out of USD. Her gas light came on and she needed just enough to get to a place where she could exchange her Canadian money for USD. I just swiped my card at the pump and let her put about $10 in.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    make scarfs/blankets for children in need.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    make scarfs/blankets for children in need.
    Awww, my fave yet!! :heart: :heart:

I still need to put some money back for the local orphanage.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Made extra food for Thanksgiving and went around feeding homeless people in my area and giving them hot coffee.

Bought and donated toys at Walmart for the firefighters Sparks of Love campaign.

I have more stuff planned for the holiday season, but haven't done it yet.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Donations $$

And I let a car over in traffic - this counts because I usually just curse when I drive :-)
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Made 160 bag lunches on Thanksgiving including turkey sammiches with stuffing and cranberry and lettuce from our garden, banana, almonds, water, and a homemade cookie. My oldest daughter got us organized and the six if us and two friends executed the plan. THEN we cooked our dinner and we were extra grateful.
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Stuffed my Harley full of stuffed animals and rode in the Christams parade. Gave the toys to the kids along the route. Do this every every year.The desire for a toy overcomes the fear of a biker dressed in leather.
  • __Jamie__
    __Jamie__ Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Made a note/passed on details of an *kitten* driver who I saw back into somebody's car in a car park/parking lot, damaging their tailgate, then drive away... The woman returned to her car as I was writing her a note & was very grateful. To begin with she was in disbelief that anybody would make the effort to stick around & pass on this sort of information. It's nice to be nice, it cheered my Sunday up seeing her smile! Plus she was pregnant, so hopefully it saved her the stress of finding the damage later & having to worry about paying to get it fixed!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I carried and gave birth to a baby for another woman.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Gave a friend gas money. Refrained from cussing out patients...but that might not count, since I have to do that to keep my job.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

WIN
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I was returning my cart at Aldi (you need a quarter to "rent" a cart). A lady was trying to figure out the carts and I told her you need a quarter to get one out. She started digging in her purse but I told her to just take mine. Minor but she was so happy and appreciative. :smile:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Crap I can't think of anything! You guys have set the bar really high.

I will do something tomorrow.

Good topic.

Oh I gave my co-worker a ride home from the dentist after she had a tooth pulled even though I had to stay late at work to make up for it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

WIN

I feel like a meanie
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You are all so good! I must try harder!:flowerforyou: