Random acts of kindness - What have you done lately?

Options

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got one of those drive around carts at the grocery store for a lil ol lady who could barely stand much less walk, this a.m. waited with a neighbor Mom with the kids at the bus stop and held their lil hands keeping them from sliding down the hill on the ice...They acted like it never ices over here!!! lol......
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bought an entire turkey dinner for the family of 7 that lives next to me. Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Stopped at a bus stop to help a lady who was waiting for her bus, it was late and 40 below, I told her no one should have to wait in minus 40 temperatures for a bus, tell me where you need to go and I ll drive you there .

Karma is a wonderful thing, found out she was from South Africa, and the day I picked her up was the day Nelson Mandela passed away . . .
  • bbubb1
    bbubb1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Was walking down at the Mall the other day and saw a bag laying on the sidewalk. Turned it into the mall office and checked back two days later and found out the person that lost it came back to see if it was turned in. I feel like a million bucks now that I know the person who lost it got it back.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I carried and gave birth to a baby for another woman.

This is on my to do list.

For the time being, it's just been giving homeless people money, buying gas for a stranded motorist, stuff like that.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    selling stuff on kjiji which is usually worth $300 MRSP brand new i sold to a lady for $45 and delivered it to her as she needed it for recently having 2 aneurysms and a stroke.

future BIL wanted a shirt he went to pay and his card declined i ended up buying it for him even though i don't have a job
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    This week I stopped in to check on a co-workers wife who was not feeling well (co-worker was traveling for work). They just moved here from Canada, have no family or friends local and they have a 2 year old. She had the flu so I checked in on her and brought her stuff to keep her hydrated. (I'd never met her before, they literally have only been here for three weeks)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

For the time being, it's just been giving homeless people money, buying gas for a stranded motorist, stuff like that.

You can totally do it for me, Collins... cause I'm surely not doing that *kitten* again.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Today I said "I'm going to Chevron, want anything?" to my co-worker...

I am a modern day Mother Theresa.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i'm with sassypants...sending noods to my mfp fave...should make good "alone time" material :wink:
  • cheekymcgee
    Options
    Today I said "I'm going to Chevron, want anything?" to my co-worker...

I am a modern day Mother Theresa.

**slow clap**
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I held a fart in ALL NIGHT LONG on Tuesday.
    tumblr_ma81ml1Enq1qcg1glo1_500.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I held a fart in ALL NIGHT LONG on Tuesday.
    tumblr_ma81ml1Enq1qcg1glo1_500.gif

Well, I THOUGHT I did. Sheesh.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I let EVERYone out in traffic. I wish I would rub off on everyone else in this city.
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    I let EVERYone out in traffic. I wish I would rub off on everyone else in this city.

How you doin? :smile: :heart: :love:
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    I adopt a family for Christmas each year, providing groceries and gifts for the kids. This year's family is a 25 year old single mom with five kids. Their wish list includes diapers, socks, underwear, etc. It always makes me sad, but I'm a sucker for poor kids. I was one for so long.

I do this annually also and at Thanksgiving too, This Sunday I'll go out and deliver presents for The Angel Tree Network. They never have enough volunteers for the Sunday deliveries so I always take off on Monday and do the last of the deliveries.. ( shhhhh don't tell anyone that's why I'm taking off though!! ) :smile:
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I shut off a customer for a bad gas line and then paid the plumber to replace it.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A woman alone, carrying a baby and groceries, could not find her debit card in the grocery store. She said she lived far away and couldn't come right back. The bagger was about to take her milk and eggs back to the dairy department when I told him I would pay for them. She could not go home without milk!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

You can totally do it for me, Collins... cause I'm surely not doing that *kitten* again.

Anytime!