Most effective cleanse?

Options

Replies

• LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Going to try to avoid snark, because the recent popularity of cleanses drives me up the wall and is way too reminiscent of disordered eating... feeling that the food and subsequent natural waste in one's body is "unclean" and must be flushed, believing that one can "detox" despite the fact that one's organs do this very efficiently every day, the need to "kickstart" one's metabolism (how does a cleanse achieve this?)... These feelings are the result of a disordered relationship with food and a lack of understanding or appreciation of the very sophisticated processes of the human body.

Cleanses prey on frustrated dieters who want quick results, which they will see when they drop the first few pounds of water weight. Afterward the results will mainly be loss of lean body mass combined with fatigue, and ultimately likely gaining back the lost weight after returning to normal eating patterns. I cannot discourage you enough from doing a cleanse. Please save your money.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I prefer Dove body wash and a poufy sponge thingy (not sure what you call those). My husband likes to use a bar of Irish Spring.

There are lot of choices out there, just pick one that smells good to you.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I prefer Dove body wash and a poufy sponge thingy (not sure what you call those)

I believe the term you are looking for is Loofa ;)
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm a fan of Bath & Body Works men's line, but I've heard Dial works pretty well, too.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I prefer Dove body wash and a poufy sponge thingy (not sure what you call those)

I believe the term you are looking for is Loofa ;)

Ahh. See, I thought this was a loofa:

tade-eponge-loofa-1-unite_29042011100034.jpg

I didn't realize that this was also a loofa:

loofa-250x250.jpg

But OP, either kind of loofa should still be effective for your cleansing.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Water water water!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The other day I shared with my FL on my wall that I had cornbread muffins, coffee, cuties oranges, a huge salad, orange juice and bran flakes all on the same day. The evenings events were momentous to say the least. I can't imagine a more cleansed situation.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Refried beans
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    *cough cough* the sarcasm...so palpable...i would hate to be a newbie on here. the 5:2 diet works well for many people and it sort of incorporates "cleansing" and much less scoffing
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Well, there's always backdoor.

It's safe, natural, and at least enjoyable

*OP, I seriously wouldn't suggest a cleanse.....our bodies don't need it

:flowerforyou:

:noway:

Hello, there. :bigsmile:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Well, there's always backdoor.

It's safe, natural, and at least enjoyable

*OP, I seriously wouldn't suggest a cleanse.....our bodies don't need it

:flowerforyou:

Hi honey!!! :smooched:

Lentil soup or Taco Bell work wonders.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Popeye's spicy fried chicken with a side of Frank's red hot sauce always seems to do the trick for me.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    French vanilla creamer that has been left on the counter for a bit too long. The great thing about this cleanse - the creamer still tastes the same.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Apple and a beer :drinker:
  • wheird
    Options
    Popeye's spicy fried chicken with a side of Frank's red hot sauce always seems to do the trick for me.

This is the more painful route of cleansing. :(
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

But thats how you know its working.

Sam-Poster-1.jpg
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I know...
    But popeye's chicken with hot sauce is one of the best flavors on the planet.
  • wheird
    Options

I know...
    But popeye's chicken with hot sauce is one of the best flavors on the planet.

Oh I agree, but the next day I regret it. :ohwell:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Usually in the morning, after coffee...
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    http://m.prevention.com/weight-loss/diets/what-liquid-cleanse-detox-really

The author describes how horrible a cleanse made her feel, she was basically at the mercy of her bowels the whole time and she gained the weight she had lost back. You don't need a cleanse.