How many lbs had you lost before people mentioning it?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• vvvalentines
    Options
    It took a long time for me honestly. Around -70lbs was when people started asking. c:

I feel like it's going to take me that long to get people to notice also. At 30 lbs down, I'm wearing the exact same clothes and my measurements haven't moved at all--you need a magnifying glass to tell the difference between my pics at my high weight and my current progress pics.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Haha i hear ya on that. My shirts JUSST started getting loose on my tummy at -70lbs. I don't know where i've been losing it all!! XD because i mean i look in comparison in my pictures and i really don't see much of a difference. At least not as much as i was expecting being down -100lbs haha. I've always loved having a slender face but now i'm kinda upset by it since it barely shows anything. My face maybe lost like a pound of weight on my chin xD
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Lost 70 Pounds and still no one has noticed yet, maybe cause i'm tall, still theres many advantages in being lighter, not so much how you look.
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    I've lost 21kg (45 lbs) and no-one has noticed. To be honest, I can't really see it myself, but I am feeling better than I did.

I still have a long way to go. I'm hoping people will notice once I've lost another 45 lbs or so. Hopefully a 90 lb loss will be visibly noticeable.
  • ChrissieHatton
    Options
    About 40lbs down, which is where I am currently at. I still cannot look in the mirror and tell I have lost weight, I can tell the difference in pictures though.
  • eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    right around 20 pounds which is where I am at right now, is when I started getting the most comments.. I'm 5'4. :)
  • Madmen4
    Madmen4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 15 lbs and I started noticing it in my face every morning in the mirror. At about 20 lbs I started getting comments from other people. I am 5'7" tall, started at 250 lbs January 16, 2013. Currently I am at 189, with 4 more lbs to go to reach my third goal.
    From there, we'll see.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and around 20 lbs lost is when it started getting noticed. Even my dad, who is notoriously unobservant to details, noticed.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Around 13-14, but it wasn't noticeable until I started getting visible results from strength training. Two weeks of push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups and chair dips had a drastic effect on my whole upper body, which made the fat loss around my waist much more obvious. I still get comments about my posture being different...it just looks that way because most of the belly fat is gone and my upper body is significantly larger than it was a couple of months ago; 2" decrease at the waist and 3.5" increase at the chest.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Probably about 30. I'm only 5'4" and I carry most of my weight in my middle. I don't let it worry me, though, because I am doing this for me and not for anyone else. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

*edited for spelling error
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I stayed at around 70 lost for a while. When I started at the gym consistantly and lost another 20, people started to comment (about a 10% loss of body fat). But then I started letting up on cardio and began resistance training regularly and lost another 10%, and that's when people really noticed. (I only lost about 10 pounds then, though.) I've been staying steady for the last few months.
  • windimera
    windimera Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am betting I will have to lose 38 pounds before anyone will notice. I am 238 lbs and 5'6 and half. This is excluding mom.she has been on me to lose weight.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    People really noticed when I lost 60. :)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    50 for me, but I had a LOT to lose.
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I got my first comment from my uncle at Christmas and I had lost about 15 lbs since I saw him last (started around 200). I personally don't think I look any different at all and I've had people ask me if I lost weight when I've actually put on 10 lbs and just took off a jacket.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!