Ladies...At what height is a guy creepy short to you?

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    FFS body shaming central tonight..... I mean it's one thing to say you prefer to be with someone taller than you, but something else to say below a certain height is "creepy".... really??

This this this.

So much shallow in this thread.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    At what height? I'd say if he's like 50 floors up on a skyscraper looking down from binoculars. That's pretty damned creepy!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Any floors up with binoculars!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This thread shows shallowness to a whole new level....For ladies saying they wont date a guy under 5'8 because it makes them uncomfortable.....how old are you????

Would you date a 300-pound woman?

Dumb comparison is dumb.

Your weight is something you control through self-discipline or lack thereof. A severely overweight person would suggest other personality traits you may find undesirable.

A person's height is a genetic and unchangeable factor.
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I always thought I'd marry someone that made me look little and cute, but my husband is four inches shorter than me. It doesn't matter if a guy is "the right height and totally buff". If he's a jerk he's not worth living with.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    As a short guy (just under 5’5”) I get tired of women looking at us like we have a third eye, no matter what other positive attributes we may have, just because we have to look up to look them in the eye. The other thing that is tiring is that it is perfectly ok to put a guy down because he is short. No one thinks twice about it being ok that a woman would automatically reject a guy because he is 6 inches shorter that her, and make jokes about it. Fat guys as long as they are tall, are big teddy bears, short guys get the label “creepy little guy”, even when we are fit. I was just testing the waters to see how women feel, and if I was right about how shallow most are. One post kinda nailed it with “girls care about height, women don’t.

First of all, I don't think people should be judged on their preference, it takes all sorts to love all sorts there is enough diversity to go around. I would never look at a short guy and judge his height, but I also will not date someone less than 4 inches taller than I, there are really personal reasons to that though, lets just say I need to feel protected. All looks are personal preference yes, but when someone calls people nasty names like creepy, thats crossing the line. But I also feel that judging someone's prefences and calling it shallow is not cool either. I have been called slut many times cos I am blonde with big boobs, no matter what I wear, I have been treated like a slut, so I am speaking from a place of understanding here. I don't mind if people prefer girls who look less voluptuous or blonde or whatever and I don't think I would judge someone on them not liking big boobs and blonde hair combo. I get heaps of dirty looks, but it's what you feel about yourself that matters most, personality and confidence speak volumes.

I find it funny that someone who needs to "feel protected" is talking about confidence.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    This thread shows shallowness to a whole new level....For ladies saying they wont date a guy under 5'8 because it makes them uncomfortable.....how old are you????

How can you compare this? A person can control the weight, not height:)
  • greenhudler
    Options
    Haven't read comments, just responding to OP
    Or lack of height. How tall are you and what is the shortest height for a guy that would be a deal breaker for you to date?
    I'm 5'5 and the shortest guy I ever dated was 5'4. I'm married now so it's not like I'm dating, but when I was I wouldn't NOT date someone because of their height...I can't imagine finding someone amazing and basically saying, "Nope sorry, you're too short to ride this ride." Do people who think this way also have a breaking point on how tall a guy can be? Because I have a friend who is 7'9 and he's a sweetheart, he gets turned down all the time because he's "too tall". Seriously, this guy is like the definition of what most girls say is a "perfect guy" yet he can't get a date because his body grew more than some girl prefers. BS.

If someone was a nice guy and seemed to genuinely care about me, I'd give it a go! Now did I tend to have a preference, absolutely. I seem to have always been more attracted to guy either right at my height (hello, no tippy toes or bending down to kiss? HELL YEA!) or over 6 feet. I didn't sit down and say that if they were between those heights or over/under that I wouldn't date them, it just seems this was the pattern in people I dated.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I always thought I'd marry someone that made me look little and cute, but my husband is four inches shorter than me. It doesn't matter if a guy is "the right height and totally buff". If he's a jerk he's not worth living with.
    Thank you! Best post on the thread:)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It's still a shallow criterion. It's still a matter of what you're attracted to.

This mentality of, "you're shallow if you can't look past appearance," is ridiculous no matter how it's applied.

Bottom line is, plenty of short men have found women who love them. So why insult the women who just aren't attracted to that particular feature?
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys...I'm tall, so I prefer not having to look down at someone when we're standing next to each other. Same height is okay, but extreme differences just makes me uncomfortable. Maybe that 's shallow, but it's personal preference.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

It's still a shallow criterion. It's still a matter of what you're attracted to.

This mentality of, "you're shallow if you can't look past appearance," is ridiculous no matter how it's applied.

Bottom line is, plenty of short men have found women who love them. So why insult the women who just aren't attracted to that particular feature?

There's a difference between personal preference and referring to someone's height as creepy.

And I'm 6ft5 so I'm not saying this as an overly sensitive short guy.
  • DamePiglet
    Options

My take on it is... There's a difference between initial attraction and someone being creepy and undateable.
  • rml_16
    Options

Dumb comparison is dumb.

Your weight is something you control through self-discipline or lack thereof. A severely overweight person would suggest other personality traits you may find undesirable.

It is not a dumb comparison. So what if it's something you can control? It's still a matter of what you find attractive. If you don't find short men attractive, you're shallow because they can't control it. But it's OK to not be attracted to a woman who's overweight because she can control it?

So, please, tell me which physical attributes I'm supposed to overlook no matter what and which ones are OK to judge?
  • DamePiglet
    Options

There's a difference between personal preference and referring to someone's height as creepy.

Wow.., no reason for me to post my comment. You beat me to it!
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options

Dumb comparison is dumb.

My thoughts exactly.
  • rml_16
    Options

As far as I can tell, only the OP mentioned height and "creepy." Most of the women who commented on it said they don't find height creepy, no matter what it is. Some just simply stated a preference. That does not make them shallow any more than preferring blue eyes or blond hair.

Or people who won't date people who have children.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I think the main reason women prefer taller men is because it makes them feel smaller... at least that is why I do. With that said, if I met an amazing guy that was shorter than I preferred, I couldn't care less about his height. I'm 5'3 and the shortest I've dated is 5'8. I wouldn't be able to be with a man that weighed less than I do though. I can't be the bigger one... just can't happen.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    As a short guy (just under 5’5”) I get tired of women looking at us like we have a third eye, no matter what other positive attributes we may have, just because we have to look up to look them in the eye. The other thing that is tiring is that it is perfectly ok to put a guy down because he is short. No one thinks twice about it being ok that a woman would automatically reject a guy because he is 6 inches shorter that her, and make jokes about it. Fat guys as long as they are tall, are big teddy bears, short guys get the label “creepy little guy”, even when we are fit. I was just testing the waters to see how women feel, and if I was right about how shallow most are. One post kinda nailed it with “girls care about height, women don’t.

First of all, I don't think people should be judged on their preference, it takes all sorts to love all sorts there is enough diversity to go around. I would never look at a short guy and judge his height, but I also will not date someone less than 4 inches taller than I, there are really personal reasons to that though, lets just say I need to feel protected. All looks are personal preference yes, but when someone calls people nasty names like creepy, thats crossing the line. But I also feel that judging someone's prefences and calling it shallow is not cool either. I have been called slut many times cos I am blonde with big boobs, no matter what I wear, I have been treated like a slut, so I am speaking from a place of understanding here. I don't mind if people prefer girls who look less voluptuous or blonde or whatever and I don't think I would judge someone on them not liking big boobs and blonde hair combo. I get heaps of dirty looks, but it's what you feel about yourself that matters most, personality and confidence speak volumes.

I find it funny that someone who needs to "feel protected" is talking about confidence.
    Exactly.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    At under 5 feet, it's pretty hard to get shorter then me... lol. Though I've found that the shorter guys I've dated have the most problem with my height... go figure...
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned the height related issues on the guy's part? I don't care how tall a guy is as long as he's able to be happy with who he is and confident in himself, it's when he has major issues with his own height and brings them up on a daily basis that I find height becomes a problem. I have dated guys who were 5'7"-5'9" and confident and secure in themselves and never told me I can't wear heels or that I'm "too tall" or that they wish I was a "short girl" so I'd look better next to them.....and then I've dated a couple who said all of those things and more because they were the ones who were obsessing over their height... That's when it's an issue for me. Whatever height you are guys, be happy with it lol
This discussion has been closed.