You call this a Sexual Predator???

Options

Replies

• Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    School districts seem to be on some kind of power trip now these days. I'm sure that even their own staff (teachers, principals and such) also are fitting these so called "definitions" of sexual harassment but yet we don't see those individuals being charged with anything.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

Not even a little. Just don't want to have to deal with the 2 pages of political banter now that someone posted something that will do nothing but provoke people who disagree to respond.

I mean, there are other things to read.

Deal with the pages? Like read them and discuss the emotion it envokes in your in your head. Or deal like work for hours to delete posts because your a mod. or deal as in oh my god i have ocd and have to skip page numbers when reading posts because i cant deal with the few political posts.. Don't answer that,,, it's just a joke.. but you don't have to deal with anything... it's not on you, your not a mod, you don't have to read it.. it seems like a blown out of proportion sentence, you should work in news.

Hey, if you don't like the rules then try and get them changed. I was under the impression that report button was for the community to report posts that were against the rules. My apologies.

What exactly is in violation of the forum guidelines?

What political banter are you seeing?

Nothing about this thread is political.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

Not even a little. Just don't want to have to deal with the 2 pages of political banter now that someone posted something that will do nothing but provoke people who disagree to respond.

Deal with the pages? Like read them and discuss the emotion it envokes in your in your head. Or deal like work for hours to delete posts because your a mod. or deal as in oh my god i have ocd and have to skip page numbers when reading posts because i cant deal with the few political posts.. Don't answer that,,, it's just a joke.. but you don't have to deal with anything... it's not on you, your not a mod, you don't have to read it.. it seems like a blown out of proportion sentence, you should work in news.

Hey, if you don't like the rules then try and get them changed. I was under the impression that report button was for the community to report posts that were against the rules. My apologies.

It's almost as if he posted something that sparked people that disagreed to respond to.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I honestly didn't think that by posting this , that it would have wadded this many people's panties....
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    According to the report, the mom wants the words "sexual" and "offender" removed.
    She didn't say that he shouldn't be punished for misbehaving, just that those words should be removed. I agree with her.

If his behavior caused a problem, why couldn't they simply say that he was punished for being disruptive? That he was distracting the girl from her studies?

Even if this little boy is an absolute handful in class, he's not guilty of a sex-based offense. That wording needs to go.
    Absolutely.

My 3-year-old is capable of understanding not to interact with a particular person.

I think the problem is that this has happened again and again and it HASN'T been corrected. What we've heard from the mother is:
    - The girl wanted it
    - The boy is a handful
    - Its all kid-stuff

We haven't heard "I'm trying to correct my son's inappropriate behavior and even working with the school counselors to do everything we can."

So the school slapped a label on it after suspending him for the behavior before and now everybody's blaming the school. The mom needs to address her son's social/emotional issues.

I get it, you're mad because the mom isn't correcting her child to your liking.

But there are 2 different issues here...
    Labeling the child as a "sex offender" in his school records has potentially long-term consequences that the kiss on the hand doesn't have.
    Let's say the kid IS a raging monster at 6 years old.
    That doesn't mean that he will be at 12 or 18.
    But the label "sex offender" will still be in there.
    Should he really lose out on opportunities later (that he cannot possibly even understand at this point) because he acted up at 6 years old?

Think about it...
    Would you want someone to hang that on your child? Perhaps keeping them from having opportunities to go to a better college or get a scholarship over something like that?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

You're right. An animated gif that backhandedly blames Obama for this little boy getting suspended for something stupid isn't political at all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

It's almost as if he posted something that sparked people that disagreed to respond to.

Maybe I should re-read the forum guidelines. I don't ever recall reading "no posting of material that people will disagree with".
  • sixout
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

Maybe I should re-read the forum guidelines. I don't ever recall reading "no posting of material that people will disagree with".

Watch out, they might report you for disagreeing with the rules that they want in place.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

You're right. An animated gif that backhandedly blames Obama for this little boy getting suspended for something stupid isn't political at all.

That's all you've got. LOL!

Then report the gif... not the thread.
  • sixout
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

W1DWdS3.png

Looks like someone isn't hip to what's cool these days.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

That's all you've got. LOL!

Then report the gif... not the thread.
    [/quote]

Umm, that's what I did....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It's a joke. Is this the first place you've seen that?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

You know... the great thing about the report feature is that you can do it anonymously...

Why would you jump into a thread you aren't already participating in and announce "reported" with no explanation whatsoever?
  • Hornsby
    Options

The first time I have seen that .gif? Yes.

I realize it's a joke. What's that have to do with anything?
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Whew, I guess I got off easy when I was a kid. Kissed a boy in kindergarten (later kicked the same boy for saying something stupid). Often displayed tomboyish behavior where I threatened another kid for being mean to an animal.

we might have lived identical lives. I kissed my first boy in Kindergarten ( on the face/ mouth - OMG!) and then I think I chased him down and threw him in the sticker patch.
  • sixout
    Options

It's a kid falling over. It's hilarious. Do you hate children?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It isn't political. That's what it has to do with anything. The joke is that everything is Obama's fault, just like the joke used to be (and still somewhat is) that everything was Bush's fault.

You have to seriously lack any kind of sense of humor to find that in any way offensive.
  • Hornsby
    Options

You know... the great thing about the report feature is that you can do it anonymously...

Why would you jump into a thread you aren't already participating in and announce "reported" with no explanation whatsoever?

I've been in this thread plenty. Not every other post like some, but yea, I've been in it.

I figured that the fact that "reported" comes right after the .gif, I assumed it would be obvious.

Didn't want to quote it cause then it would be in my quote as well.
  • Hornsby
    Options

It's a kid falling over. It's hilarious. Do you hate children?

No, and yes, I find the .gif funny.
  • Hornsby
    Options

It isn't political. That's what it has to do with anything. The joke is that everything is Obama's fault, just like the joke used to be (and still somewhat is) that everything was Bush's fault.

You have to seriously lack any kind of sense of humor to find that in any way offensive.

Luckily, I don't find it offensive at all, so I'm good on the sense of humor.
This discussion has been closed.