I feel extremely hungry?

Options
My diary is public so if you could check it out and tell me why I'm so starving?? I think it might be because of the sandwich, I think bread makes me crave but I'm not completely sure yet because I've been craving all day and normally I don't. I even exercised today so I could eat more and I exercised right before lunch. I don't know if you can see the exercise diary but I did about 24 minutes of vigorous cardio. burned around 300 I think? How do you stop cravings? I'm stuck in the house with the kiddo during the day cleaning and such but anything I can do at home to help? Why is this happening?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well...the lack of food maybe...

I've seen me eat 700 or more for breakfast...

Try more protien to keep you fuller longer....like adding protien powder and a protien shake into your smoothie....I have to or I am starved by 10am.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Why can't you just eat something? Your diary says you have over 900 calories for the rest of the day.
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For you, it makes perfect sense that your hungry to me.

1. You drank your breakfast. Some people that works ok for. For others, it just makes you feel like you didn't have a meal

2. You don't have enough protein for the exercising you do, running around after kids, etc.

3. Peanutbutter is very calorie dense. It isn't going to fill you up. Might satisfy you for a little bit due to the fat and protein, but I just don't see that as beinga fulfilling meal

Look at my diary....I eat WAY too much and I'm still hungry.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Why can't you just eat something? Your diary says you have over 900 calories for the rest of the day.

Too reasonable.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    More protein, more fats, more veggies and less carbs. And eat to your goal. Also, replace tracking sugar with tracking fiber and aim for 30-50gs
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough.

Also add more protein to your diet.
  • pianochick5254
    Options

My stomach isn't hurting so I'm assuming I'm not actually hungry, its cravings. and I want to stop having those because I'm extremely binge prone. Plus I know dinner tonight is going to be extremely high cal so I don't want to eat too many right now. I don't really have the option on dinner tonight, in-laws.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

My stomach isn't hurting so I'm assuming I'm not actually hungry, its cravings. and I want to stop having those because I'm extremely binge prone. Plus I know dinner tonight is going to be extremely high cal so I don't want to eat too many right now. I don't really have the option on dinner tonight, in-laws.
    You equate hunger with your stomach actually hurting? Fascinating.
  • pianochick5254
    Options

1. You drank your breakfast. Some people that works ok for. For others, it just makes you feel like you didn't have a meal

2. You don't have enough protein for the exercising you do, running around after kids, etc.

3. Peanutbutter is very calorie dense. It isn't going to fill you up. Might satisfy you for a little bit due to the fat and protein, but I just don't see that as beinga fulfilling meal

Thanks for the advice!
  • pianochick5254
    Options

That's just what I have always been told..?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i don't understand the question.
  • wheird
    Options

Unfortunately you were told wrong.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    i don't understand the question.

Me too
  • pianochick5254
    Options

Well were you planning on being helpful and explaining the difference then? I have always thought hunger was pain and cravings was everything else. I'm sorry but the way you are coming off to me is that you are above this ridiculous question or something and I really don't appreciate it if that's the case.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If it's a craving, you want a specific food. For example, after eating your meal, you want something sweet, even though you're very full. If you just want to eat something, you're hungry. You definitely need more protein and fats and less carbs.

Actually eat something for breakfast if possible instead of just having a fruit smoothie. Adding a tablespoon of peanut butter and/or a scoop of whey protein powder to that smoothie will make it more filling if a smoothie's the only option, but your body doesn't recognize drinking as eating, so don't make it a habit to drink your calories.

Also, I don't know what kind of bread you used for your sandwich, but you should always use 100% whole grain bread to keep you fuller. I make PB & Strawberry Wraps on whole wheat tortillas to save some calories; swapping the sugary jam for fresh strawberries will also give you more fiber. You could also just have one slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter and banana slices.

I don't know what was in your salad, but you make sure to include lots of fiber-rich veggies, not just leafy greens. Using an olive oil-based vinaigrette is also more satiating and can help absorb more nutrients than a low- or non-fat dressing.
  • wheird
    Options

Well were you planning on being helpful and explaining the difference then? I have always thought hunger was pain and cravings was everything else. I'm sorry but the way you are coming off to me is that you are above this ridiculous question or something and I really don't appreciate it if that's the case.

I felt my answer was adequate and had you asked me nicely I would have elaborated. But I do not appreciate the rude manner in which you addressed me, so I will just wish you the best of luck finding the answer.
  • Scoobydoo1180
    Scoobydoo1180 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I am never satisfied with a liquid breakfast. Now Jello on the other hand as a snack is perfect! I guess it's solid enough to seem like food :)
  • pianochick5254
    Options

I am never satisfied with a liquid breakfast. Now Jello on the other hand as a snack is perfect! I guess it's solid enough to seem like food :)

Oh I miss Jello :) that is one of my old favorites foods that I was sad to see go. That and marshmallows.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You need way more protein in your diet. Carbs aren't the devil or anything, but they don't necessarily keep you full and satisfied like protein does.
  • mommyelly85
    Options
    yeah if you have a craving for something sweet try some sugar free jello with some whipped cream on top. Or a can of tuna is just 150cals and has tons of protein if you are actually hungry that should hold you off until dinner.