I feel extremely hungry?

Options

Replies

• Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    yeah if you have a craving for something sweet try some sugar free jello with some whipped cream on top. Or a can of tuna is just 150cals and has tons of protein if you are actually hungry that should hold you off until dinner.

It says on her profile that she's vegan, so I don't think any of those things will work.
  • pianochick5254
    Options
    You need way more protein in your diet. Carbs aren't the devil or anything, but they don't necessarily keep you full and satisfied like protein does.

I don't know what to eat for protein honestly. I don't like to eat soy so much and just 1 tablespoon of black beans is like 40 calories. I know nuts are high in it too and I'm really wanting to stay low-fat. I know there is Quinoa but I'm a penny pincher, I might just suck it up and buy it. Know of anything else that isn't meat, dairy, or eggs?
  • Justifier
    Options
    You need way more protein in your diet. Carbs aren't the devil or anything, but they don't necessarily keep you full and satisfied like protein does.

I don't know what to eat for protein honestly. I don't like to eat soy so much and just 1 tablespoon of black beans is like 40 calories. I know nuts are high in it too and I'm really wanting to stay low-fat. I know there is Quinoa but I'm a penny pincher, I might just suck it up and buy it. Know of anything else that isn't meat, dairy, or eggs?

You can't keep cutting everything out of your diet and expect it to be balanced. You want to be vegan, low-fat, cheap, low-calorie, and not hungry? Not really happening. Something has to give.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I suggest you join a vegan group on here for suggestions. They have better knowledge at this sort of thing.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You can't keep cutting everything out of your diet and expect it to be balanced. You want to be vegan, low-fat, cheap, low-calorie, and not hungry? Not really happening. Something has to give.

I have a long time vegan on my FL who eats2660 cals and hits his protein macros of 160g. I think his diary is public. If it is, you should take some time to look through it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Ophidion
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

In a nutshell....this.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

I have a long time vegan on my FL who eats2660 cals and hits his protein macros of 160g. I think his diary is public. If it is, you should take some time to look through it.

I am thoroughly impressed.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Wait, hold on. Why no meat, dairy or eggs? You had Arby's the other day with bacon and cheese??????
  • Justifier
    Options

This is a fabulous diary. (What you have to give up to do this, however, is the penny pinching.) Veganism is an investment of time, money, and energy.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I would add more protein at breakfast
  • Scoobydoo1180
    Scoobydoo1180 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Why no more jello ? Are you avoiding sugar (I assume) ?

I eat the sugar-free but I would love to kick the artificial substitute habit in the near year!
  • pianochick5254
    Options

lol you're right....okay I will figure this out
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

Wait, hold on. Why no meat, dairy or eggs? You had Arby's the other day with bacon and cheese??????

JoyJoy, this was discussed at length already yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1150219-can-you-really-eat-clean-your-whole-life
  • PikaKnight
    Options

lol you're right....okay I will figure this out

Well, aside from the protein situation, why are you calorie hoarding? You've had lunch and have 900 cals left. Why not use them?
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    eat more fats you will feel full
  • PikaKnight
    Options

JoyJoy, this was discussed at length already yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1150219-can-you-really-eat-clean-your-whole-life

I think I have a headache lol
  • jaydangler
    Options
    When you consume a great deal of carbs such as bread, it spikes blood sugar resulting in your cravings being increased for the remainder of the day.

Focus on eating a lower carb diet, with adequate protein with each meal. Emphasize on proteins with high amino acid content such as meats, eggs, protein powders. Your appetite will be more controlled. :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I eat the sugar-free but I would love to kick the artificial substitute habit in the near year!

Gelatin is made from animal bones.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/jello.asp
  • Chris_58
    Options
    As far as I can see you aren't really eating much
    Smoothie for breakfast, soup for lunch e.t.c.

Try eating toast in the mornings, toast with honey or jam has far less calories than a smoothie and you'll feel like you've eaten something.
    Drink plenty of water, or low cal diluting juice along with the toast and throughout the day.
    Your food choices tend to be high calorie food with not much substance, try eating a higher quantity of food with less calories, you'll learn in time what has high calories and low calories.

Whilst fruit juices and smoothies may be nice, try having them as a treat, by drinking your calories it doesn't leave much room in your diet for food, (the reason I stopped drinking so much coke).

Hope that helps.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Gelatin is made from animal bones.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/jello.asp

Sucks for vegans. But I'm glad to know that all parts of the animal are being too good use :bigsmile: