Why are dogs so needy?

Options

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    The term training is not interchangeable with parenting when we talk in context of pets. Having a dog is like having a perpetual 2 year old toddler... They listen with constant reinforcement, as long as you're there. They do whatever the heck they want when you're not around or if they feel like it.... most children grow up and older than 2.... Don't compare the two, they're not the same.

You sound like the type of person that enjoys reading instruction manuals.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    eww, a lot of crappy people with negative minds are on this site!!

ANYWAYS!!!

Can I has more puppy gifs please!!!! :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

ANYWAYS!!!

I agree.

I mean, afterall--even Hitler liked dogs. Does someone want to be WORSE than HITLER?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Back to fun. Go big or go home.

1242138450_dog_on_a_trampoline.gif
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

ANYWAYS!!!

PmpE1Mh.gif
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The term training is not interchangeable with parenting when we talk in context of pets. Having a dog is like having a perpetual 2 year old toddler... They listen with constant reinforcement, as long as you're there. They do whatever the heck they want when you're not around or if they feel like it.... most children grow up and older than 2.... Don't compare the two, they're not the same.

Why do you hate dogs??

i-68a935e36a12cc88d593feecfd3d9ae5-sad_puppy.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

ANYWAYS!!!

I agree.

I mean, afterall--even Hitler liked dogs. Does someone want to be WORSE than HITLER?

Kanye_douche_formation.gif
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    ugh, hates dogs!

Terrorist!

Typical dog lover reaction.... Probably breast feed your dog and dress it up in peoples' clothing.... Each to their own, I'll keep my expensive child thanks!

I'm betting you hate people too. I mean, here we were, just an innocent group of people, enjoying a common appreciation for our dogs, and you come along and poop on everything.
    Personally, I think you're the one that could use the social house breaking.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Nice thing about kids, you can feed them to the dogs in times of need.

Nice thing about dogs, they don't grow up to disappoint you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh ya because the giant steaming piles of poop in your house coupled with the numerous household items they destroy is something to be proud of and a feat of accomplishment lol.... I hate them, I also dislike cats ... needy codepent things are not attractive.... that includes people!

lulz. It's called training.

I like it when I see people with both kids and a dog. Watch the dog long enough and you know exactly how the kids are going to be.

That's funny... because 1 out of 3 of my dogs is very well-behaved, one acts up when she feels like being a brat, and the third is still just a very large puppy (only had him a few months). My kids, on the other hand, one keeps her room very tidy without being asked, the other must be repeatedly reminded and punished, and STILL doesn't keep her room clean.

Seems to me every creature has its own personality.

Ditto at our house. At one time I had three cats, two dogs and two children. It was often difficult to distinguish who made the mess. Now I'm down to one dog and one resident child. It's much easier to narrow down the maker of mischief. But through the years, I'd have to vote for the dogs as the least destructive and least annoying species. The humans, however, have been great tax deductions, something the dogs never could manage.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    blurred lines

funny-animated-gif-cute-baby-and-bulldog-02.gif
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

ANYWAYS!!!

I agree.

Holy crap, dog thread got godwined! HAHAHAHA

This wins.

kitler8.jpg

Kill it with concentrated fiiiiiiiire!

German%2BSHepard%2Bwith%2Bgun.jpg
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    But through the years, I'd have to vote for the dogs as the least destructive and least annoying species. The humans, however, have been great tax deductions, something the dogs never could manage.

You just haven't found the right tax preparer yet.
  • dbmata
    Options
    blurred lines

funny-animated-gif-cute-baby-and-bulldog-02.gif

That bulldog is ridiculously cute.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    :angry:

dog-jumping-on-trampoline.gif

ETA: doh! my first gif isn't showing up... go here to see it.

http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-dog-excited-jumping.gif

A lot of the Pretty girls are needy too. Don't put it all on the dogs.
  • dbmata
    Options
    But through the years, I'd have to vote for the dogs as the least destructive and least annoying species. The humans, however, have been great tax deductions, something the dogs never could manage.

You just haven't found the right tax preparer yet.

Let me know when you do. Apparently a home security system isn't a tax deduction.
  • dbmata
    Options
    A lot of the Pretty girls are needy too. Don't put it all on the dogs.

Would it be off color to make a trampoline joke?
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    ronswanson-puppy.gif
    dEFqhK-come-at-me-bro-puppy-gif-ni13.gif
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    ugh, hates dogs!

Terrorist!

Typical dog lover reaction.... Probably breast feed your dog and dress it up in peoples' clothing.... Each to their own, I'll keep my expensive child thanks!

I'm betting you hate people too. I mean, here we were, just an innocent group of people, enjoying a common appreciation for our dogs, and you come along and poop on everything.
    Personally, I think you're the one that could use the social house breaking.

^^ This needed to be highlighted :flowerforyou:
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    ugh, hates dogs!

Terrorist!

Nice thing about kids, you can feed them to the dogs in times of need.

Nice thing about dogs, they don't grow up to disappoint you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh ya because the giant steaming piles of poop in your house coupled with the numerous household items they destroy is something to be proud of and a feat of accomplishment lol.... I hate them, I also dislike cats ... needy codepent things are not attractive.... that includes people!

I got 3 kids. They leave plenty of poop piles and destroy plenty.

I love that you felt the need to come into a thread about dogs to tell people you hate dogs. Thank you for that.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    ugh, hates dogs!

1efc41841fac2bd7e0417dabb2b472300f67f0f1ca41766918e4f0569b8415a5.jpg