• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Dogs make their own fun.

a-dog-sliding-in-the-snow.gif
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants a little piece of tail now and then.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14719-1355769175-1.gif
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have four dogs, so they rely on each other and only come to us for ice cubes and apples. The only one out of the bunch that's needy is our 15 year old English lab. I prefer dogs over cats most of the time, all the cats I've had (especially the one I have right now) are stuck up! Lol!
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have no gifs. I only wanted to say that many of us like both cats AND dogs. And if you don't like either, then don't get either. Thanks for the happy pictures!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    ugh, hates dogs!

Terrorist!

Typical dog lover reaction.... Probably breast feed your dog and dress it up in peoples' clothing.... Each to their own, I'll keep my expensive child thanks!

Nice thing about kids, you can feed them to the dogs in times of need.

Nice thing about dogs, they don't grow up to disappoint you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh ya because the giant steaming piles of poop in your house coupled with the numerous household items they destroy is something to be proud of and a feat of accomplishment lol.... I hate them, I also dislike cats ... needy codepent things are not attractive.... that includes people!

I don't know who you have been around................

But most dog owners don't have steaming piles of poop in their house and if you start training right away, no items in your household are destroyed as they know to chew their toys and not the baseboards, couch cushion or leg of the table.

I love dogs and children both!! I would have a house full of both if I were rich.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    tumblr_muvirtVM5z1s2yegdo1_400.gif

later bro
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The only need my Belgian Malinois puppy has is the need to dig. Anybody have ideas on how to stop this?
    My husky pup did that, and whenever she started I just got out one of her favourite toys to distract her. She forgot about digging at about 6 months old.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    So helpful.
    funniest-dog-gifs-clever-dog.gif

Darn. Didn't work.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    ugh, hates dogs!

Terrorist!

Typical dog lover reaction.... Probably breast feed your dog and dress it up in peoples' clothing.... Each to their own, I'll keep my expensive child thanks!

Oh ya because the giant steaming piles of poop in your house coupled with the numerous household items they destroy is something to be proud of and a feat of accomplishment lol.... I hate them, I also dislike cats ... needy codepent things are not attractive.... that includes people!

lulz. It's called training.

I like it when I see people with both kids and a dog. Watch the dog long enough and you know exactly how the kids are going to be.

Yep, exactly! You know who the responsible adults are because both the kids and the dog are both home trained!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    ugh, hates dogs!

Terrorist!

Hmmm... maybe you should take your own advice and find a topic more suited to things you enjoy. There's really no need for you to participate in a thread for dog lovers if you 'hate dogs'.
  • sixout
    Options
    JBOwoNS.gif
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Because they have feels

dogmolestingcat_zps0206106f.gif

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want that puppy,,,,,:heart:
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    they can be as needy as they want they will still be a billion times better than having a cat

^^SPOT ON!! Dogs are awesome and I love my dog more than I like most people!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    The term training is not interchangeable with parenting when we talk in context of pets. Having a dog is like having a perpetual 2 year old toddler... They listen with constant reinforcement, as long as you're there. They do whatever the heck they want when you're not around or if they feel like it.... most children grow up and older than 2.... Don't compare the two, they're not the same.

then you've never really gotten the training thing down.

I'll be honest, there are a lot of people who shouldn't have dogs or kids due to an inability to properly train or discipline. Hence my comment about dog observation above. With my anecdata there is a 100% correlation.

I agree 100000000000000%
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    ugh, hates dogs!

Terrorist!

Hmmm... maybe you should take your own advice and find a topic more suited to things you enjoy. There's really no need for you to participate in a thread for dog lovers if you 'hate dogs'.

? Breast feed our dog... I wonder if that would have helped? Oh well next time.:indifferent:
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    reverse-1338914739_dog_rocks_baby.gif

Love it! See dogs can even be great helpers not just needy! LOL Our dogs always wanted to help with the baby, if my daughter was crying they were in my face! :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

lulz. It's called training.

I like it when I see people with both kids and a dog. Watch the dog long enough and you know exactly how the kids are going to be.

That's funny... because 1 out of 3 of my dogs is very well-behaved, one acts up when she feels like being a brat, and the third is still just a very large puppy (only had him a few months). My kids, on the other hand, one keeps her room very tidy without being asked, the other must be repeatedly reminded and punished, and STILL doesn't keep her room clean.

Seems to me every creature has its own personality.

Ditto at our house. At one time I had three cats, two dogs and two children. It was often difficult to distinguish who made the mess. Now I'm down to one dog and one resident child. It's much easier to narrow down the maker of mischief. But through the years, I'd have to vote for the dogs as the least destructive and least annoying species. The humans, however, have been great tax deductions, something the dogs never could manage.

Yep, at the moment, I have a cat, three dogs, and two kids. 6 children in all. And they all have their own personality, and they all respond to discipline in their own way.

I really hate when people act like the behavior of a pet and/or children are somehow the failing of their caregiver. We all just do the best we can with what we have to work with. Particularly with pets, all breeds have specific personality traits. My lab/collie is the best. Very smart, very well-behaved. My lab/shepherd is needy, but also still young, and will learn my expectations in time and will mature with a little age. I expect he will be just as well-behaved as my lab/collie eventually. The chihuahua/schnauzer mix, on the other hand, is exceptionally needy and acts up when she doesn't get the attention that she wants. I really wish I could rehome her because I only have her because her previous owner threatened to send her to the pound.

Now the cat... I absolutely adore the cat (as if that wasn't obvious)!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
  • sixout
    Options
    they can be as needy as they want they will still be a billion times better than having a cat

^^SPOT ON!! Dogs are awesome and I love my dog more than I like most people!!

I have a Bengal cat. Better than any dog I've ever owned.

Dogs are cool too. But don't be a cat hater. That's rude.

7JAknuC.gif
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

You sound like a peach!:flowerforyou:

My dog was abandoned at the end of our road so while he is house trained he's not one to let us know exactly when he has to go out. I tried re-training him on that but he just didn't get it. I now know the subtle signs he gives when he wants to go outside. We also keep him in the bedroom at night with us and he hasn't had any night time issues.

It happens.

Also my dog is thankfully NOT a chewer.

I personally enjoy the unconditional love and joy that my dog brings into my life. There's nothing quite like the never ending happiness that he has when he sees me (especially when we play hide and seek. That *kitten* is funny!)