Babies in the Work Place

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, as a parent, I definitely don't expect other people to like my kids as much as I do. I think a lot of parents understand not to expect that.

If I had a dollar for every "well you can't mean my kid, you'd love my kid, everyone loves them! The sun/god/goddess/Thor truly shone upon my vayjayjay/diq the day they were conceived!" I wouldn't need to work.

Yeah, I do know that not everyone understands that.

But, also people may just be saying that their child is well behaved (or something positive), but still not expect others to feel the same way about them, or to "like" them, let alone "love" them.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Well, thank god, most parents (ones who aren't broken) do not see in their kids what others see. I think it was one of the most difficult things for me to grasp when deciding to have kids. I just could never picture myself having that kind of love and acceptance for a little person. After all, they are very unruly. And smell. And are quite annoying. Fortunately, I do love my kid in that way. And I am quite sure most of the adults in his life (SCHOOL) do NOT. And I totally get it. He is annoying. And quite often smells.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Well, thank god, most parents (ones who aren't broken) do not see in their kids what others see. I think it was one of the most difficult things for me to grasp when deciding to have kids. I just could never picture myself having that kind of love and acceptance for a little person. After all, they are very unruly. And smell. And are quite annoying. Fortunately, I do love my kid in that way. And I am quite sure most of the adults in his life (SCHOOL) do NOT. And I totally get it. He is annoying. And quite often smells.

Evolutionary brain washing. It's a real thing, but people just call it 'hormones'.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Do kids smell bad? I don't think they do. Adults smell much worse than kids. Kids don't even have body odor until they start going through puberty, but we all know that is handled easily with proper hygiene. I suppose when they are a baby, the diaper smells, but then you change them. It's the diaper, not the baby that smells. I think babies smell good. And yes, I did feel this way before I had kids. That was why I chose to have a second job working with babies.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't think that there is much misunderstanding. It is very clear that there are a bunch of people in this threat that plain and simple don't hesitate to express their hate for children.
    One thing is not to be happy with children in a work environment, although many companies encourage parents to bring their offspring to work sometimes, but to call them crumb snatchers and germ machines is insulting and appalling.
    I am happy that many of them decided not to procreate. Just to think that they would teach hate to their offspring brings tears to my eyes.
    Oh, sweetpea, if you think those names are bad, be glad you're not on my FL. Life is hard. Wear a helmet. :flowerforyou:

It doesn't pick your pocket or break your leg, so don't concern yourself with it. Nobody put a gun to your head and made you come into this thread, did they?

If they did, please let me know. I want you to be safe, and I know of resources.

Please don't call anybody that you don't know "sweet pea." It is disrespectful, especially since my children are older than you.

I don't need a helmet, I been around longer than you and I can take care of myself, so drop that condescended attitude and don’t mess up with grandma!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, as a parent, I definitely don't expect other people to like my kids as much as I do. I think a lot of parents understand not to expect that.

If I had a dollar for every "well you can't mean my kid, you'd love my kid, everyone loves them! The sun/god/goddess/Thor truly shone upon my vayjayjay/diq the day they were conceived!" I wouldn't need to work.

i-just-used-this-gif-in-another-comment-but-its-too-perfect-here-again-328444.gif

BAW HA HA HA HA HA
    beyond true...

there are people I love on this forum for sure. you two now qualify.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

i-just-used-this-gif-in-another-comment-but-its-too-perfect-here-again-328444.gif

BAW HA HA HA HA HA
    beyond true...

there are people I love on this forum for sure. you two now qualify.
    Yup, :love: all around!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Please don't call anybody that you don't know "sweet pea." It is disrespectful, especially since my children are older than you.

I don't need a helmet, I been around longer than you and I can take care of myself, so drop that condescended attitude and don’t mess up with grandma!
    If you've been around long enough to be a grandma, then it's a pity you haven't seen how tough the world is and toughened up a bit yourself. Me, I had it tiny bit rough as a kid, so I learned real young. That's why it's no Greek tragedy that I'm not exposing a child to the behaviors and/or stellar genetic legacy of the high-quality people that raised me.

In case you hadn't noticed how I comport myself around here, pumpkin, I do what I want.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

If you've been around long enough to be a grandma, then it's a pity you haven't seen how tough the world is and toughened up a bit yourself. Me, I had it tiny bit rough as a kid, so I learned real young. That's why it's no Greek tragedy that I'm not exposing a child to the behaviors and/or stellar genetic legacy of the high-quality people that raised me.

In case you hadn't noticed how I comport myself around here, pumpkin, I do what I want.

tumblr_m8z2e4nZF61rtzlzf.gif
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Just remember that this is a thread full of responses, so just because someone says something does not mean they are talking to you (or about you) personally. They may be talking about something else entirely. Also, there could be misunderstandings, just as on any other topic (from all sides of the issue).

I don't think that there is much misunderstanding. It is very clear that there are a bunch of people in this threat that plain and simple don't hesitate to express their hate for children.
    One thing is not to be happy with children in a work environment, although many companies encourage parents to bring their offspring to work sometimes, but to call them crumb snatchers and germ machines is insulting and appalling.
    I am happy that many of them decided not to procreate. Just to think that they would teach hate to their offspring brings tears to my eyes.

Some people are just miserable human beings. They're lucky their mothers didn't hate kids as much as they do. What a sad existence.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just remember that this is a thread full of responses, so just because someone says something does not mean they are talking to you (or about you) personally. They may be talking about something else entirely. Also, there could be misunderstandings, just as on any other topic (from all sides of the issue).

Some people are just miserable human beings. They're lucky their mothers didn't hate kids as much as they do. What a sad existence.

Why are you acting like all parents are saints and there was never a bad parent? Does being child-less or not liking children automatically make you miserable and not a good person?
  • Achrya
    Options

My mother likes kids, so she had them.
    I don't, so I'm not.
    Had my mother hated children she wouldn't have had any.
    If she hadn't had me I wouldn't exist and thus I wouldn't care.

I'm not sure where your silly statement regarding the mothers of those who don't like children comes in, but I can only hope my very simple and easy to follow breakdown helps you find some manner of logical thought process.

:flowerforyou:

As an aside I'm neither sad nor miserable. I don't think I've been anything but cheerful and amused in here.
  • servilia
    Options

Why are you acting like all parents are saints and there was never a bad parent? Does being child-less or not liking children automatically make you miserable and not a good person?

Hating all children makes you a miserable person yes. One with issues. You don't have to love them all (or even any of them) but to HATE them all is pretty sick minded. Nobody says you have to have children of your own. But to actually actively hate them (not the thought of having them, but the actual children)? Wow.
  • servilia
    Options

I don't, so I'm not.

I'm not sure where your silly statement regarding the mothers of those who don't like children comes in, but I can only hope my very simple and easy to follow breakdown helps you find some manner of logical thought process.

As an aside I'm neither sad nor miserable. I don't think I've been anything but cheerful and amused in here.

Who said you have to have children of your own? I personally couldn't care less if you procreate or not. But do you actually look at a random child you don't know and go "geez I hate that kid, and in fact I hate all kids and babies!" ? Then you have problems. Ps if you don't get where my silly statement comes in, perhaps I can assist you with some reading comprehension lessons. :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Options

I don't, so I'm not.

Who said you have to have children of your own? I personally couldn't care less if you procreate or not. But do you actually look at a random child you don't know and go "geez I hate that kid, and in fact I hate all kids and babies!" ? Then you have problems.

I feel like you're having issues following the logical train of thought.

Oh dear, I'm gonna have to help you out.

You: Lucky their mother don't hate kids
    Me: If my mother hated children she wouldn't have had any. If she hadn't had me I wouldn't exist, and thus wouldn't care.

The implication is that there is no luck or anything to feel lucky about. There was no luck involved, but the choices of a woman who enjoyed being a mother and wanted children. I don't think it was that complicated.

also have never had such thoughts about random children. I am generally indifferent and dismissive, as I am with all things I hate.
  • servilia
    Options

I don't, so I'm not.

Who said you have to have children of your own? I personally couldn't care less if you procreate or not. But do you actually look at a random child you don't know and go "geez I hate that kid, and in fact I hate all kids and babies!" ? Then you have problems.

Me: If my mother hated children she wouldn't have had any. If she hadn't had me I wouldn't exist, and thus wouldn't care.

The implication is that there is no luck or anything to feel lucky about. There was no luck involved, but the choices of a woman who enjoyed being a mother and wanted children. I don't think it was that complicated.

also have never had such thoughts about random children. I am generally indifferent and dismissive, as I am with all things I hate.

lol I'm not the one who needs help dear. See ya.
  • Achrya
    Options

I don't, so I'm not.

I love it when people are unable to come up with a logical response and leave on what they think is a witty note. I love a good flounce.
  • servilia
    Options

I don't, so I'm not.

I love it when people are unable to come up with a logical response and leave on what they think is a witty note. I love a good flounce.

Unable? Actually, I find the lack of a challenge boring, so I'll leave you with a good night.
  • Achrya
    Options

I don't, so I'm not.

Unable? Actually, I find the lack of a challenge boring, so I'll leave you with a good night.

You're even bad a flouncing. Sad.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m64syhgTbN1rvbafdo1_500.gif