Is chivalry really dead? :(

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I guess there's my problem. I don't do well with symbolisms in general. I also have issues understanding when people use sarcasm or speak in metaphors. I tend to only get literal and logical. I do not appreciate or understand gestures that may mean something, nor do I give them when they do not have a practical application. I open the door for somebody because it has practical value. Rising, I don't see a practical value to it. Giving your seat up to somebody, I see a practical value in some applications, but in others, not. Even as a kid I only ever saw the practical value of things. I don't keep pictures of anything, I don't own anything decorative, and nothing I own holds sentimental value to me. It's all about practical application. That's why I don't see the point of all these symbolisms and why the holes in it are so glaringly visible to me.

That's unfortunate, some of the highest praise can come in the form of a small symbolic gesture given quietly.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    hai
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    maybe
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    do I?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I like videogames, beer, and sandwiches.

Any takers?

SLORE
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Did this thread really roll? Oh mfp.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I guess there's my problem. I don't do well with symbolisms in general. I also have issues understanding when people use sarcasm or speak in metaphors. I tend to only get literal and logical. I do not appreciate or understand gestures that may mean something, nor do I give them when they do not have a practical application. I open the door for somebody because it has practical value. Rising, I don't see a practical value to it. Giving your seat up to somebody, I see a practical value in some applications, but in others, not. Even as a kid I only ever saw the practical value of things. I don't keep pictures of anything, I don't own anything decorative, and nothing I own holds sentimental value to me. It's all about practical application. That's why I don't see the point of all these symbolisms and why the holes in it are so glaringly visible to me.

That's unfortunate, some of the highest praise can come in the form of a small symbolic gesture given quietly.

I wouldn't say unfortunate. Just different. Different perspective. Comes with benefits too.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have 98 games on my Steam account. Sup ladies?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

That's it?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

That's it?

You have that beat?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I like videogames, beer, and sandwiches.

Any takers?

I'm more of a giver, sorry bud.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Perfect feminist equality vs. traditional beliefs . . . makes one wonder whether the truth might be found somewhere along the continuum.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

I am sooo gonna get some back lash on this but I don't really care. It is my opinion. Not saying it is fact or should be everyone's opinion but it is what i believe to be true as an incredibly sexist and still living in the dark ages woman. I believe a woman's place is in the home. I believe she should be taking care of the home and raising the children while the man works. I believe that things spiraled downward and children got out of hand when the mother's left to home to work. I don't believe a woman is equal to a man. I don't believe a woman can do anything a man can do nor do I believe they should be in a man's position. There were far less problems with society when women knew their place and did their job. Sorry if this offends any of these women on a power trip out there. I don't mean be let your man mistreat you but don't complain about Chivalry being dead when when it was the women that wanted to be treated equal to men. You all just ruined it for the ones that know our place as women.

Corrected that for you. Your views have nothing to do with being a Christian, don't bring religion into it and tar other Christians with the same brush.
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Let us be Steam buddies.

And watch this cat fight from afar.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

And watch this cat fight from afar.

kung_1f1ab5_666397.gif
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    LOL that kitteh is awesome :-)