BEST QUOTE FOR YOUR SUCCESS?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "I am descended from millions of generations of survivors and I'm not ending that legacy today"

It's geeky and over the top, but it's also true. My challenges are so trivial compared to those of most of human and even non-human history. How can I whine about a few more laps or reps or not turn away from some stupid free pizza when I envision ancestors attempting to drive off or kill real predators, huddled against the cold of an ice age, standing bloody over some forgotten battle field, elated at finding some food or water after desperate days without, or burying loved ones that succumbed to infections, injuries or plagues. A little pain at the gym or a little hunger while dieting is almost a shameful tribute.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have three favorites.

"Push yourself to failure and you will succeed."

"Chances are, the exercises you dislike the most will bring you the best results! TRAIN WEAKNESSES UNTIL THEY BECOME STRENGTHS." -Erin Stern

"Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hustle=sucess
  • lmperfect
    Options
    "Be All in or get All out,there is no Halfway"

"If you can imagine it,you can achieve it"
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    "Change occurs when the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of changing." From Lina on my FL
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do what you can. Use what you have. Start where you are.
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There are 7 days in a week and SomeDay is not 1 of them.
    [/quote
    Today is a good day to remind myself of this.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My new favorites thanks to you guys.
    These might be kind of hokey or odd, but they make me giggle...

The difference between TRY and TRIUMPH is only a little "UMPH".

I run slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I RUN!
    "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -Earl Nightingale
    Motivation is what gets your started. Habit is what keeps you going.
  • julieganoe
    Options
    "I'm not hungry, I'm thirsty."

For a long time it was posted on my fridge, not that I starve or anything (take a look at my diary :laugh: )! I get dehydrated and my body gets confused (I've heard this is common) and I get hunger "pangs" that are actually me needing a glass of water. If I drink water and am still hungry after 20mins I do reach for a snack...
  • aydyndril
    Options
    This is the beginning, of anything you want.
  • bobbilum
    Options
    Whenever I think I'd die for a cupcake or a cookie, I think "I won't die, but my kidneys, eyes, or feet might"
  • april1445
    Options
    "discipline is just choosing what you want most over what you want now" or something like that.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yesterday you said today.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Small, sustainable changes at a time.
  • fit_zoe
    Options
    “The warrior is Here, Now.” ― Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives

This quote helps with everything really, but especially in trying to achieve a goal.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
    ― Henry Ford
  • craziwrld
    craziwrld Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is one I tell my 4 year old when he doesn't want to try something or just gives up.
    You will never truly fail as long as you try.
    It actually works for him too. It has also become a saying for myself. As long as I try I will always learn something. It might be learning from a mistake, but it's still better then nothing.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

*runs*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!