BEST QUOTE FOR YOUR SUCCESS?

Options

Replies

• sdc671
    Options
    Pain is a future down payment to the future reward that is coming.

this is my motivation
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    To get what you've always wanted you have to change what you've always done
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Don't let one bad day turn into one bad week.
  • skippysells
    skippysells Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you think you're going through hell, just keep on going.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    "Baby steps!" from the Bill Murray movie, "What About Bob?"

Variations of: "Don't let the Good be overshadowed by the Perfect."

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better."

Best wishes!
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have 2:
    Pain is temporary, pride last forever.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • ecclecticpixxie
    Options
    What is that one quote or picture that gets your through those rough times?

The one I repeat to myself is "One day at a time".

"Don't Mess With The Success"

Yes God Can! I began my real journey a month and a half ago and have lost about 20 pounds. It's the first time in my life where I actually followed and calculated weight loss. I'm taking this seriously due to the health issue of ATRIAL FIBULATION (I have a group started for those who may be interested).

A steady loss of 1.5 pounds a week and a lifestyle change. But it isn't easy because I do LOVE eating. So when I get the urge, I remember that it's one day at a time.

I believe God sent me to MFP. Before this I dreaded calculating food intake. It was a hassle and a half! But MFP has made it SO easy AND I can see the daily success as I stay within range! Even made it through Thanksgiving without gaining weight! (In fact I lost a pound!)

But the temptation is always to say: well, I deserve a treat since I've lost some weight. And that treat growing up has always been food (thanks, Mom..ugh!)

So now my treat is to get a new clothing item, or to get some taken in, or a pat on the hiney from hubby, lol!

But the main thing is to remember DON'T MESS WITH THE SUCCESS!

Its too easy to give into temptation and regain! Gotten this far--- don't mess it up!
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is my collection:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nehushtan

Some of my own coinages:

Fitness: It's not just an adventure. It's a job!
    The two most vulgar curse words in our language are... "I can't"
    Resist for 15 minutes and you'll forget you were even tempted
    My mind says "it's slavery"... but my mirror says "it's freedom!"
    Don't call them "do-nuts"... they're "do-nots"
    "I'll try" is a wish. "I will" makes it come true
    Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction
    "Buffet" is French for "Do Not Enter"
    Dieting is 1% motivation, 99% habit-formation
    Walk into a restaurant with a plan and walk out with pride

Adding to my collection!! love 3&4
  • caenis
    caenis Posts: 14
    Options
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." - For when I'm feeling resistant to change!
    good one!
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    From my fridge magnet:
    Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.

Abraham Joshua Heschel
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Over my life I have received some good advice that seems to work here.

From my grandmother: you can't become what you wish to be if you remain as you are.

From my dad: there are only 2 questions....what's the problem and what are you going to do about it...if you aren't going to do anything, you ain't got a problem, you just got a situation...

From my mom: change or don't change, fix it or don't fix it, but please don't whine about it!

I love that these three people have been in my life.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."
    -Yoda
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    “It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.”

And one of my all time favorites:

“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.”
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    also, " a year ago you will have wished you had started today"

This is the one I came in here to post, it kicked my *kitten* the first time I read it because, coincidentally, the first time I read it was almost exactly a year after my last big 'diet attempt' (which I failed, and then went on to gain 40lbs in 6 months afterwards). It really hit me hard because I realized, if I'd stuck to my plan instead of giving up, the day I first read that quote, rather than being 40lbs heavier than a year prior, I could have been 40lbs (or more) LIGHTER! It made me determined not to be disappointed in myself a year from now.

Another one I love, more for self-love than anything: "Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself, and be good to yourself, because without you, the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things."
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    Losing weight feels better than eating that ________________________(fill in the blank)!
    Seriously have to remind myself because some food is really yummy! :)
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    If it tastes good, spit it out.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    If it tastes good, spit it out.

This is disordered thinking. Since your profile says you are recovering from anorexia, I urge you to back away from this.
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Give everything but up

Courtesy of a friend of mine
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    “Comparison is the thief of joy.” - Theodore Roosevelt
    Honestly the most helpful because it reminds me to only only compare my progress and success to myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!