BEST QUOTE FOR YOUR SUCCESS?

Options

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    "One bad meal won't make you fat. Just like one good meal won't make you thin."

That quote really helped me change my mindset concerning food when I was trying to get a handle with my eating habits.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

That applies to everything in life, I believe.
    I love this, I want this tatooed on me!!!!! Have wanted it for 7 yrs now...maybe one day lol
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Last one, I promise!

I chant this through my workout when I'm having to push hard to get it done:

I must, I must, I must decrease my butt!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My favorite is from one of my FL buds: "Don't get motivated - get disciplined."

Hey, that's me! :laugh:

The other one I'm currently programming into my children -

"Excuses are easy, but get you nothing. Work is hard, but gets you results."

I'm honestly not sure if I plagiarized this, or made it up.

I'm going to update this to -

"Excuses are easy, but get you nothing. Work is hard, but gets you everything."

I think it's punchier.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    'perisistence is the key'
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants the results noone wants to put the work in time to get to work. Don't know who said it or if it was said before but I use it.
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorite quotes that have helped me in my weight loss journey.

“For with God nothing shall be impossible.” Luke 1:37

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"My body is the temple my Father gave to me."

"Faith in every footstep."

"[F]or the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

“And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion.” Doctrine & Covenants 59:20

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings . . . shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures; [a]nd shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint." Doctrine & Covenants 89:18-20

“I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left . . . my Spirit shall be in your [heart], and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.” Doctrine & Covenants 84:88

“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” Ether 12:27

"[If men] are faithful, and exercise faith in me, I will pour out my Spirit upon them." Doctrine & Covenants 44:2

“For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, remove—and it was removed. And if he had not had faith it would not have moved; wherefore thou workest after men have faith.” Ether 12:30

"But behold, if ye will awake and . . . exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you." Alma 32:17
  • Kiwi_Made
    Kiwi_Made Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Stop fearing the things that can go wrong, and focus on the things that can go right.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    STRENGHT

Water cuts through a rock, not because of its power, but of its PERSISTENCE.

(reminds me I should keep pushing)
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Stop fearing the things that can go wrong, and focus on the things that can go right.

So true :happy:
  • Kiwi_Made
    Options
    ^ <3 this woman :o)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

I like this. And at the point I was reading it, I was busy talking myself out of doing something for fear of what could go wrong. Now I'm trying to focus on what could go right, and hopefully I can talk myself back into giving it a go.
  • mbennett2283
    Options
    I saw the "Sweat is your fat crying" quote in a pic of the Crimson Tide's locker room...that one's awesome.
  • Kiwi_Made
    Options
    Always look to where you want to go mate. Otherwise we will just continually hold itself back.

I'm about to leave a steady job to pursue a personal training career.

Feel the fear, do it anyway.
  • brianages
    Options
    "Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall"

Great quote that has nothing to do with my success but I still like it.

My quote.... "Determination" and "NSDQ"
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Remembered another favorite:

"It's a big *kitten* sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite." - Lt. Lockhart (Full Metal Jacket)

It often runs through my mind and makes me laugh, or at least grin, when I'm going through, or am about to begin, a particularly difficult undertaking. :smile:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    "Never sacrifice what you want most for what you want now."
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    After being at this journey for so long and failing and learning from my mistakes my fave words to tell myself when i wanna give up is " i can fail only so many times before i start getting this righ!" it my profile quote and words that always get me going!

great post BTW!!!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I live by two simple ones:
    1. Keep on keepin' on.
    2. I am in better shape today than when I started.
    (I pull out #2 during plateaus and use it as a lead-in to #1.)
  • Rachel_Redroses
    Rachel_Redroses Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    " If you want to make your dreams a reality...then,WAKE UP "
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!