BEST QUOTE FOR YOUR SUCCESS?

Replies

• champions dont cheat/cave
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    "Fall down 7 times, Stand up 8 times"

I live every aspect of my life by this quote.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Jameson Frank, “Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.”
  • charliex2202
    3185ss_zps2f8ea765.jpg
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    I have two:

Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
    The ability to get up after a defeat is far more admirable than the ability to never lose.
  • prosperkat
    prosperkat Posts: 59 Member
    "Intelligence is common sense, enough of it is genius." - George Bernard Shaw.

Basically, this means to keep my brain from justifying behaviors that my common sense knows are wrong.
  • charliex2202
    3057_zps9ff12aad.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. ~Confucius
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    If it tastes good, spit it out.

This is disordered thinking. Since your profile says you are recovering from anorexia, I urge you to back away from this.

I've spent the day thinking about your reply to my little quip. Thank you for your concern, but It was not meant to be literal. It was meant to be funny. An old friend told me that little ditty years ago, and it still makes me laugh. This whole weight loss thing would be pretty dismal if you couldn't laugh about it a little bit.
  • "Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food.'' - Hippocrates
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    If it tastes good, spit it out.

This is disordered thinking. Since your profile says you are recovering from anorexia, I urge you to back away from this.

I've spent the day thinking about your reply to my little quip. Thank you for your concern, but It was not meant to be literal. It was meant to be funny. An old friend told me that little ditty years ago, and it still makes me laugh. This whole weight loss thing would be pretty dismal if you couldn't laugh about it a little bit.

Bravo :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I went on a diet once that I called "don't eat anything you like"....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Quitting your diet because of a slip up is like dropping your phone and then saying oh well I might as well stomp on it until its completely smashed.
  • applechunks
    applechunks Posts: 2 Member
    Every time you end a sentence with "....but I don't have time", take a second to substitute it for " ......but it's not a priority for me". Then see how that kicks your butt.
    i.e. "I need to go for a run but I don't have time" or "I need to go for a run but it's not a priority for me"
    Once you get into the habit of exchanging it, things will change really quickly!!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Don't bullsh*t yourself.

You're the only one who can control your actions.
  • Jamie22184
    Jamie22184 Posts: 33 Member
    "A lion does not lose sleep over the thoughts of sheep." Not sure who said it...I saw it on an image on pinterest.
  • one cupcake will get you satisfied for a minute, healthy will get you satisfied forever
  • dgbrash2
    dgbrash2 Posts: 16 Member
    Actually a quote from my 24 year old daughter, more about life than about losing weight:

"I don’t need extraordinary events when I’m with extraordinary people."
  • What is that one quote or picture that gets your through those rough times?

The one I repeat to myself is "One day at a time".

The butt you want will not come from sitting on the one you have!!!
  • .''You don't have to go Fast...you just have to go!'' and ''One pound at a time.''

41790593.png
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    When you get up in the morning, look in the mirror and you will see the SOB that is the cause of all your problems.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!