YAY or NAY: Pajamas In Public ?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,267 Member
    Options
    Seriously, why the hell would anybody want to wear pyjamas out in public.

The end.

Because you are not feeling well but have to run to the pharmacy to get some meds.

Because you JUST started the washer with all your jeans in it and you realize you forgot something for the soup that is already on the stove.

Because you changed at work to go to the gym (since we are also talking yoga pants in the thread) and then remembered you needed to pick up a prescription and the pharmacy closes in 10 minutes.

Yes, all of these have happened to me. Sometimes you just do what you have to do.

Though I do think showing up to college classes still in your PJs is silly. That is just being lazy.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,267 Member
    Options

My opinion would be that someone who can't make an effort to put on real clothes before leaving the house doesn't put much effort into anything else. As someone who is responsible for hiring and promoting others, if I ran into someone from work who was wearing pajamas in public, they'd definitely be placed on my "don't consider" list.

I have also been responsible for hiring and promoting others, but I would in no way judge them about were PJ pants to a store. That is just silly. Sometimes stuff happens. Now, if it was a restaurant or work I might make a mental note.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Was this written about me?!

I was exercising in PJ pants and a t-shirt when the woman adjacent to me stopped me and told me I was "courageous." I was like "oh gosh..what makes me courageous??" and she said it was for wearing PJ pants and asked if people stare at me usually.

Idk, I went to high school in NJ and everyone- male and female- at least once a week wore PJ's to school.

I go out in a trashy black zip up robe that makes me look like a cult member when I'm running to grab quick groceries on a crappy day--or to the gas station at midnight.

I clean up real friggin' nice if I want to, look really nice in pretty dresses and stuff with my hair all done....

But IDGAF! Unless I'm going somewhere special...you'll be seeing me in my warm comfy cult member robe.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between a baggy cotton shirt and PJ pants or yoga pants, and a night gown with or without pajama or yoga pants.

How else am I supposed to pick up men at the dollar store? Stop ruining my game, Donyelle!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if they just came from an all night sleepover sure; if they just rolled out of bed for sweet tea...nah.
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yay for onesies in public.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    <---- wears yoga pants daily (outside of work)

Judge away.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    likes yoga pants...wear away....
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Quick quiz tell me which one is pajama and which one is yoga?

Calvin-Klein-Womens-Essentials-With-Satin-Pajama-Pant-2.jpg

free-shiping-stock-Women-lululemon-womens-font-b-pant-b-font-font-b-yoga-b-font.jpg

Why is one more acceptable than the other? Grrrr cant figure out how to resize.

ooh ooh....I know. The top one is the pajama pant from Jessica Simpson. The bottom is the yoga pant. :)