Slowly morphing into FB? with "like" option?

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Do people really hate FB? Or is it the typical FB user? What is it about FB that people hate?
    i did not realize so many people disliked FB. I like FB. It serves a different purpose than MFP

I agree. Facebook is a site I use to stay in touch with people whom I have known for years in real life. This is a site I use for fitness and meeting new people with similar interests.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    First Beyoncé and now like buttons!!! Christmas came early!!! :D
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wow, repeatedly copying-and-pasting the same comments across the whole of your FL... They must feel really treasured?!

Basically, if you can't spare two seconds to craft something meaningful (or at the very least, heartfelt) then don't comment. You aren't duty-bound to comment on every single update. It IS nice when a comment chimes with the content of the update though - it can lead to discussions and sharing of meaningful information and human interaction. Sounds almost old-fashioned as I type it out....

In the end, if there isn't sufficient impetus to write a sentence, in what regard are you really giving support?
    To be fair, "Like" is a perfectly legitimate response to some status updates. Yes, there are plenty of status updates that can lead to good discussions, but there are also plenty of updates (like the logging streak) where really all you need to do is give a high five or a thumbs up. "Like" serves that purpose. Just because I may not have a long, meaningful discussion contribution or starter for an update, doesn't mean I don't want to acknowledge someone's accomplishment.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options

OMG, we can NEVER get stranded on the same island. Two of the things I hate the most. Where is my 'hate' button!!!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Wow, repeatedly copying-and-pasting the same comments across the whole of your FL... They must feel really treasured?!

Basically, if you can't spare two seconds to craft something meaningful (or at the very least, heartfelt) then don't comment. You aren't duty-bound to comment on every single update. It IS nice when a comment chimes with the content of the update though - it can lead to discussions and sharing of meaningful information and human interaction. Sounds almost old-fashioned as I type it out....

In the end, if there isn't sufficient impetus to write a sentence, in what regard are you really giving support?
    To be fair, "Like" is a perfectly legitimate response to some status updates. Yes, there are plenty of status updates that can lead to good discussions, but there are also plenty of updates (like the logging streak) where really all you need to do is give a high five or a thumbs up. "Like" serves that purpose. Just because I may not have a long, meaningful discussion contribution or starter for an update, doesn't mean I don't want to acknowledge someone's accomplishment.

^^^ this and the fact you are not being a jerk in your comment.
  • NormInv
    Options

^^^ this and the fact you are not being a jerk in your comment.

FALSE
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options

OMG, we can NEVER get stranded on the same island. Two of the things I hate the most. Where is my 'hate' button!!!

Like! Wait... No like button for message board posts?! That's too bad.
  • raycole83
    Options
    edit
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think its a good way to let others know you arecstill stalking them....
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You all obviously haven't heard the news. Mark Zuckerberg bought MFP for one billion dollars and controls the site, including all updates, which he performs just after he gets off the scale for his daily weigh-in.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why would this site want to be like Facebook? Facebook only has a kagilliion users and the created a kagillion dollars.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why would this site want to be like Facebook? Facebook only has a kagilliion users and the created a kagillion dollars.

^this.
  • mof4apmj
    mof4apmj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like the 'like', I don't always want to say something, but I want to let my 'friends' know that I've read their diaries and 'like' what they did that day.
  • NormInv
    Options
    I hate people
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I hate people

And I don't think they like you. They always make me far too unhappy. We do our best to coexist by staying far apart.

:flowerforyou:

Darn Tomato song stuck in my head. Thanks, Bryant Oden.

:explode: :angry: :grumble: :ohwell:
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    if anything it'll promote more activity and an option for those your to lazy to comment on.
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would have liked WTG button, personally.

Same. Get this all the time a wtg button would make it easier.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    if anything, people say 'Nice!' all the time, so what we needed was a 'Nice!' button!

Hey!! I resemble that remark Ya'll :) Norm!!!!
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i didn't notice it until i saw this thread. but i don't see what the big deal is, i don't have anything against facebook, i use it daily, just like this site, but for different reasons. i think it would have been better to have a button that said something more about weight loss, like a "good job" button. but really, i don't see why everyone is freaking out about it.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nearly all forms of social media use it in some shape or form. It's part of the internet now as much as cat gifs.

cat-thumbsup-o.gif

YES!! That looks just like my cat!! The internet gets better every day :P