Christmas bonuses

Options

Replies

• wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I get a t-shirt with the company logo on it. Every. Single. Year.
    :laugh: seriously, funniest thing I've heard today....no offense
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I get a t-shirt with the company logo on it. Every. Single. Year.

That is pretty sweet
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I know not of this bonus you speak of...jack **** here.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I get nada, squat, zilch, nothing :(

This
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I consider it a gift more so than a bonus because it's not that much, but it IS in cash, so that's nice.

We get actual performance-based bonuses in June but no "Christmas" bonus.

I have a lot of friends and relatives who work in the oil & gas industry (Texas), and they get ridiculous year-end bonuses. My bookkeeper's daughter is a paralegal, and she gets a serious year-end bonus, too. It still exists in some industries.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Ha !! I don't even get paid Holidays . No bonus nothing at all!!!
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    After seven years of a really nice Christmas bonus....got absolutely nothing this year. No "heads up" either. Apparently they need to cut corners and that's what got cut. Couldn't even tell you how pissed off I still am annnndddd watched Nation Lampoon last night and totally felt his pain!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    No bonus. But, I work for the local government. I don't expect any bonus. Perhaps some chocolates or a little something if I worked in the corporate world would be nice, but again; not expected.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My bonus came the same week that my waterline broke to my house and the cost of the new waterline was about the same as my bonus. :- /
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    We get taxed big time, too. But...I just had my third year anniversary at my workplace and my bonus doubled, so I'm not complaining this year. :D
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    No bonus for me, but thery're letting me work Christmas eve and Christmas.
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Christmas Bonus? I thought that was only a myth perpetuated on TV!
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Get a bonus, a pretty darn nice one too. Also get a fancy catered Christmas party where they do a lottery to distribute all the gifts/gift cards that our customers send us for the holidays. I love my job, I love my company :happy:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    min $500 + depending on some factors
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We get a quarterly profit sharing bonus, and they move the fourth quarter bonus up a month so that it becomes a Christmas bonus. The amount varies, but it's typically between 16 and 25% of your pay for that quarter.

Plus I get stock options.

Fricking love my job... :)
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I mean, my boss usually gives me some sort of whiskey, but that's about the only bonus.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I get nothing, and I'll like it...ok, I don't like it, but I work for the State of Wisconsin and apparently the tax payers don't want to pay me a bonus, go figure! :sad: :laugh:

Ditto. Except substitute "province of Nova Scotia" for state of Wisconsin.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I mean, my boss usually gives me some sort of whiskey, but that's about the only bonus.
    pretty close to the same \m/
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I don`t work so no bonus for me :(

Hubby had his xmas party at work and they do not get bonuses but they had raffles and hubby won 2 tkts for a Hot Air balloon ride including a champaign picnic - worth 400.00 !!
  • PeaceVegan
    PeaceVegan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get one.

Plus we get a cool Christmas party with free alcohol all night and we are put up in a fancy hotel.

^^ this ... granted, I don't remember much of the holiday party ... according to the pictures, Captain and I had a blast!! :laugh: :laugh: