Christmas bonuses

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I get one, but it's an annual bonus based on our own performance and the company's performance. It's usually about 10% of my salary. I'm a property accountant in the oil and gas industry.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I get one. And, unlike many employees, consider it a gift and don't dare b*tch about receiving said gift.

Sorry... I'm in payroll and my anger is showing through *LOL*
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    ZE-RO :grumble:
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I got a plant... I'm pretty sure it's already dead
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    lol a bonus.....

we got a 50 dollar gift certificate to our company's pro shop.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    they treat us very well.

every year - bonus, and a lovely formal xmas party.
    the bonus fluctuates, but in this economic climate, i'd be happy with a $5 and a box of crackerjack (and i hate crackerjack). but dont tell them, because i do prefer the money.

ETA: they also usually do a profit sharing contribution to our 401Ks.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Christmas bonus!!! :laugh:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I get one, but it's an annual bonus based on our own performance and the company's performance. It's usually about 10% of my salary. I'm a property accountant in the oil and gas industry.

Oil & gas is a very good industry.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    5% this year but I never feel it warranted. My bonus is being gainfully employed :wink:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    We get from Christmas Eve to New Years Day off with pay. This year, we get the Monday before off as well, and I'm "working from home" on the Thursday and Friday after New Years Day...so basically 2 weeks off paid.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The last 4-5 years, I've gotten $750 in Visa Gift Cards from work. Usually depends on if we've had a good year. Before that they tried just adding the bonus to our payroll check, but then there was a nightmare situation with claiming it on taxes, so they went back to the Visa cards.
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Got one my first year here. Haven't seen one since nor heard of anyone else getting any. No overtime pay this year either as there's not enough work.
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I get a decent Christmas bonus every year, but my job also requires me to be away from family over the holidays, usually out of the country, so I guess it is a trade off...
  • I used to work for the banking industry, my bonus was based on company growth and then some change (performance review based) it usually came in June given the end of our fiscal year.

The one year it was over 7 grand.

Last year my friend who still works there made 10 grand.

I changed careers to something that pays more in my month to month payments and offered a much better benefits deal.

so even though I no longer get that bonus, I feel I get a much sweeter deal.
  • W8G0
    W8G0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No Christmas bonus for me. But I can close my door, put my feet up on my desk and take a nap in the afternoon. And that's 365, baby.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I get a small bonus every year that I'm very thankful for. I don't get any other benefits, though!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I work at an employee owned company, so yes, we get bonuses regularly!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    When I wasn't staying at home with the kids, I worked at a place that would give everyone a gift, restaurant gift cards, a big party and feast at one of the nicer restaurants in town, and I think they timed one of our semi-annual raises for around Christmas.
  • saffron981
    saffron981 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We get a $5 Starbucks card every year, no joke. But I work for a quasi-governmental agency, so it's not like a bonus is expected.
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    After seven years of a really nice Christmas bonus....got absolutely nothing this year. No "heads up" either. Apparently they need to cut corners and that's what got cut. Couldn't even tell you how pissed off I still am annnndddd watched Nation Lampoon last night and totally felt his pain!

You know the definition of the word bonus right? It's extra. Unless you have something in your contract stating bonus amounts you have no right to be pissed. You're still employed, that's a bonus in itself.