Christmas bonuses

Options

Replies

• ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    nadda.. plus haven't seen a cost of living increase in going on 4 years..
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    They let me cash in 3 days worth of sick incentive...I have no idea if that counts as a "bounus" though.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it a bonus. It's a gift. It is not to be expected, only appreciated.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    We get a Christmas bonus every year. And a nice lunch with free booze. No complaints from me.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    My bonus is profit sharing generally equal to 10% of my gross pay deposited directly into my 401k.

How YOU doin'!

Ohai!

*sploosh*

:laugh:
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    A ham or a turkey
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Lol, IMO how is it a bonus if you're being taxed on it? Hell if your job wants to give you a bonus, then how about just giving some free stock on the company? At least that's tax deductible.
    IMO, most bonuses aren't really earned. It's just BS for employers to just say "hey, thanks for sticking around and maybe I can keep you here without giving you a raise for another year".

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I worked at a nonprofit where we got $50-100 as a Christmas bonus along with an annual performance bonus in July which was around 10% of annual income. So this is opening my eyes that not all nonprofits do things so similarly to the "corporate world".

Also worked at a credit union briefly PART-TIME, around 20 hrs/wk making a scary-low wage (like 50 cents above min wage). I'd only been there for 2 months and my holiday bonus (profit sharing) was like $800. So I made ALMOST as much on the bonus as I did working there for 2 months (quit soon after for a much better position elsewhere).
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I work for a bank. I got $700 cash delivered by a few people dressed as Santa and his elves lol.. and a check for 2 week's pay direct deposited into my account.

Plus $100 donated to the charity of my choice, I always donate to an animal shelter.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I do....about 10% annual salary BT. I love my company.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I get a bonus. It depends on sale for the year. I work for an auto finance co. Last year was a very good bonus. I am not thinking it is going to be so great this year.
  • ashleynratliff
    Options
    I'm just a long term temp (been with the company almost a year). I don't know if actual employees get bonuses or not but everyone including myself did get a $25 Walmart gift card at the Christmas luncheon. I'm just thankful to have a job given the economy and where I live, temp or otherwise.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    What is all of the complaining about how bonuses are "taxed"? Bonuses = income, so sorry guys, in almost every situation they are taxable. Be glad your employer is doing you a favor and putting it on the W2 so you don't have to deal with the mess of extra taxes later.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Christmas bonus, pay raise, company party + free booze....Merry Christmas!! :drinker:
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I never expect a bonus, I do my job, do it correctly and get paid appropriately for it. That being said, I did get a very generous Christmas bonus from a job I recently started at this summer, and I cried. Yep. Cried. I wasn't expecting a bonus, because like I said, bonus is not in anyone's job description.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    One thing I can always count on at the end of year is my PTO payout. I get 10 paid days off a year but being one of two employees here, and having a boss that travels, I am RARELY able to take time off as I open/close the office everyday. So I get my unused PTO added to my last check of the year. I do have the option to let it roll over but again, that would be pointless since I rarely get time off in the first place.
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We used to get a Bonus every year without fail. In addition a nice gift and since we are so small a nice dinner with our SO to a 5 star restaurant.

However due to the housing collapse a few years back we didn't get one a few years ago, and ever since it has been a fraction of what it once was. I am at 10 year employee and only once did we not get one. That year we weren't aware that it wasn't coming...so it was a bit of a shock. I think if we knew before hand it would have been easier to deal with.

That's all I'm saying! It would've just been nice to know before hand
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Sometimes we get one and sometimes we don't. They always take us to lunch though. If we get one it will be then. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
  • SCrompton
    SCrompton Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I give my staff the equivalent of 4 weeks pay.

Can I work for you?? :)
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I get 1-3% of my salary depending on how well the numbers are for the year. Super excited to apply this to credit cards...... >_<