Losing weight in my buttox? NOT GOOD

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha
    I'm so annoyed with these weightlifting yuppies.
    If you don't want stamina for **** go ahead ..
    Otherwise do Pilates and stick with some cardio(it's amazing how well it tones your body).

=experience/track runner.

Sugar makes you fat.

See? I can spout nonsense without context too!
  • Hahahaha
    Otherwise do Pilates and stick with some cardio(it's amazing how well it tones your body).

lolwut?
    You people need to stop telling everyone tthat only lifting weights will get you to your goal when in fact not everyone wants/needs to.:)
  • Lift heavy!
    You´ll never get a toned body by wasting your time doing cardio:angry:

Lawl
    Keep telling yourself that.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?
    You people need to stop telling everyone tthat only lifting weights will get you to your goal when in fact not everyone wants/needs to.:)

You people?

And, what exactly is incorrect with actually answering her question and suggesting she squat etc? Your suggestion of pilates and cardio was better? Because of course she expressed an interest in pilates and a dislike of lifting...oh, wait!
  • wheird
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?

It is the most efficient way when combined with proper nutrition. If she dislikes weight training then there are other strength training methods that are still more effective than pilates.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?

It is the most efficient way when combined with proper nutrition. If she dislikes weight training then there are other strength training methods that are still more effective than pilates.

Also, maybe we should wait for the OP to tell us she dislikes it before assuming she does.
  • wheird
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?

Also, maybe we should wait for the OP to tell us she dislikes it before assuming she does.

Yup. It is fine to suggest your personal views on it, but attacking others suggestions because you dont like it is childish. Discuss the merits of one over another or just leave your personal method until the OP says otherwise.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?

Sorry friend....When somebody says I want to be skinny/thin/other adjective....I agree weights is not required for everyone

When someone specifically asks how to increase the size of a muscle...yes progressively overloading that muscle to force adaptation and eating for such goals is the answer

ETA: I'll even give some boot camp style type workouts may provide the stress needed for some initial adaptation, but it may or may not be to the extent the OP desires, and it will reach an end point, at which time more weight than body weight will be needed.
  • wheird
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?

Sorry friend....When somebody says I want to be skinny/thin/other adjective....I agree weights is not required for everyone

When someone specifically asks how to increase the size of a muscle...yes progressively overloading that muscle to force adaptation and eating for such goals is the answer

Well that is just crazy talk.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?
    Yes you're right, everyone doesn't want to. Because it takes more effort than reading a mag or watching tv or listening to the radio while "moving."

And false. EVERYONE NEEDS to lift weights. Bones joints and ligaments become healthier on all accords when loaded consistently. The metabolism of ligaments increase when constantly put under tension. They need to be moved through their proper range of motion with added resistance. "Weight lifting" or the rather non judgmental/non dogma laden title "resistance training" can be done in circuit fashion or "complexes" to blow any traditional metabolically sucking "cardio" out of the water on all accords. Not to mention increased insulin sensitivity and better expression of IGF-1 and Mtor which, to make a long story short, "TONES" muscles faster and supports the metabolism.

Blood brothers syndrome i wrote about years ago. When someone has invested blood sweat and tears with a system/protocol/gym, whatever, they become irrational to any other truth being greater than theirs. It's not about judgment or being a know it all. It's about stopping the confusion that comes when people that don't know what they are talking about start giving advice, regardless of pure intention or not. The industry as a whole is responsible for the ignorance because confusion allows for selling options... but I'll be a small nerve cell of the big bumbling organism…I'll send my signals to get the whole organism moving. One nerve cell at a time.

This is why you can't breathe without some company talking about protein now. This came from the body building community years, decades ago. This came from all of those "weight lifting yuppies" in the gym years ago. This whole site probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for those "weight lifting yuppies" and their counterparts researching and finding out what really matters, and that's macronutrient intake. That's why this app exists and why this forum is here! The idea of it's importance is just now moving out of the big ol meatheads in the gym arena on to the common person's tv commercials and magazine ads. Now fruit loops have more protein, this yogurt is special, this protein shake is the best, and other nonsense. This all took time and constant badgering and arguing about this or that and "we don't need to eat that much protein because, cause, cause, cause" and eventually all of those smaller "yuppie" pushes added up to be an eventual shove. Now we know that most people on this forum under eat protein because they still think it's a male bodybuilder thing, meanwhile they have so many questions that wouldn't need to be asked because they all are under-eating protein for their weight/size/lean body mass and expenditure and keeping their nitrogen level at a rate that's so screwed up they can't see the change they seek. Now we know protein is such a key in dietary goals it's all over the place now. Buy this buy that it's got more protein in it. Luckily there were more than one person out there not afraid to tell the truth without fear of upsetting someone.

If you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything, and if you lived your whole life and never pissed someone off, you've never stood up for anything or anyone. Sounds long winded but I do this for a living, de-brainwashing the crap in peoples heads by forums and friends, about what they are supposed to do and me/us trying not to bang a hammer over their heads when you write them a program that doesn't involve hours of cardio. Then 3 months and 30 lbs later they've learned the truth to how the body reacts, and what it prefers, not nonsense to sell a cd, special shake or machine. The industry in general is full of crap, weak and biased "research" and anecdotal advice. Stop repeating this crap if you don't understand it.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?

Right. We're not even talking about a complex side of this stuff. Anybody wanting to shape,tone,lift,tighten, tuck, whatever, is describing a change in skeletal muscle, and that requires intense muscular load and eating to support it. ///

I mean just go do sprints right. Ever seen a sprinter that didn't have glutes? Same reason people are talking about skating. It's a ton of gluteal extension. Now find a high level sprinter or skater that eats at a deficit. Don't hold your breath. They eat to support the added mass(sculpting or toning, this is what you're doing, adding mass to the muscle) The problem is that how practical is it for a person to incorporate sprinting or skating or biking into their life?
  • Just going to reiterate that I recommend Pilates. ^-^
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Just going to reiterate that I recommend Pilates. ^-^

Yes, we got that. Pilates but not squats.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way with pilates yuppies. Low intensity bastardized yoga, marketed for women because women's body respond differently to metabolic and neuromuscular stressors, right?

Pilates will "tone" your whatever because it's loaded muscle. Why not achieve your goal ten times faster by adding ten times more intensity and eat accordingly to ones goals.

Stamina? For what jogging? Do some front squats, glute bridges, dead lifts, box jumps… That will build real stamina that blows a typical mile or two jog out of the water, not just stamina to move an elliptical or jog. Plus the metabolism is potentially further increased where as lame cardio for endurance has been shown to lower metabolic rate. PLUS, ANOTHER PLUS, is that you're still working the targeted area and creating change faster, if eating is appropriate.

And again, Pilates or cardio will do nothing if the systems aren't fed properly.

People feel some kind of way about "weightlifting" when it's proven time and time again. What it boils down to is females wanted to tell other females some weak sauce or lazier way to make something happen. And as long as you all repeat it, the people that research this stuff for a living are going to criticize the nonsense advice as it should be criticized especially when the rationale is scientifically incorrect.

20 years experience as a misogynist trainer and dietary consultant.

FIFY - 1/10 would not hire.

Glad to see you got your ire out but it's insulting to the women here that are working hard and not about being "weaksauce" or looking for a "lazier way".

Goal-oriented activity and selection of activity that drives consistency are just as important as the exercise itself.
    Sure, I believe that squats, glute bridges, etc (and the associated diet) are the most efficient ways of working for a nice butt, however there is absolutely nothing wrong with a program based on other activity if that is your pleasure.

Inline skating, track cycling, mountain biking, stair climbers are all cardio based activity that drive glute use. And while they might not be the most efficient program for butt growth, the most efficient program is the one you do regularly.

So when people here provide different options, rather than belittling them it might be more useful to try to balance between theoretical effectiveness and what people actually do. I personally loath pilates and even if was the worlds best exercise would not do it. The same preferences can be attached to any program...

Your monobloc thinking is monobloc.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?

Right. We're not even talking about a complex side of this stuff. Anybody wanting to shape,tone,lift,tighten, tuck, whatever, is describing a change in skeletal muscle, and that requires intense muscular load and eating to support it. ///

I mean just go do sprints right. Ever seen a sprinter that didn't have glutes? Same reason people are talking about skating. It's a ton of gluteal extension. Now find a high level sprinter or skater that eats at a deficit. Don't hold your breath. They eat to support the added mass(sculpting or toning, this is what you're doing, adding mass to the muscle) The problem is that how practical is it for a person to incorporate sprinting or skating or biking into their life?

More people bike the world over than weight lift. But never mind that, your last sentence is the fulcrum - the practical solution is to add the activity that is practical and allows for consistent practice and is aligned to your overall total goals. If one enjoys practicing a specific sport or activity - without detracting from it, weight lifting does not substitute the learned neurological adaptation of practicing the movements of that activity.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way with pilates yuppies. Low intensity bastardized yoga, marketed for women because women's body respond differently to metabolic and neuromuscular stressors, right?

Pilates will "tone" your whatever because it's loaded muscle. Why not achieve your goal ten times faster by adding ten times more intensity and eat accordingly to ones goals.

Stamina? For what jogging? Do some front squats, glute bridges, dead lifts, box jumps… That will build real stamina that blows a typical mile or two jog out of the water, not just stamina to move an elliptical or jog. Plus the metabolism is potentially further increased where as lame cardio for endurance has been shown to lower metabolic rate. PLUS, ANOTHER PLUS, is that you're still working the targeted area and creating change faster, if eating is appropriate.

And again, Pilates or cardio will do nothing if the systems aren't fed properly.

People feel some kind of way about "weightlifting" when it's proven time and time again. What it boils down to is females wanted to tell other females some weak sauce or lazier way to make something happen. And as long as you all repeat it, the people that research this stuff for a living are going to criticize the nonsense advice as it should be criticized especially when the rationale is scientifically incorrect.

Glad to see you got your ire out but it's insulting to the women here that are working hard and not about being "weaksauce" or looking for a "lazier way".

Goal-oriented activity and selection of activity that drives consistency are just as important as the exercise itself.
    Sure, I believe that squats, glute bridges, etc (and the associated diet) are the most efficient ways of working for a nice butt, however there is absolutely nothing wrong with a program based on other activity if that is your pleasure.

Inline skating, track cycling, mountain biking, stair climbers are all cardio based activity that drive glute use. And while they might not be the most efficient program for butt growth, the most efficient program is the one you do regularly.

So when people here provide different options, rather than belittling them it might be more useful to try to balance between theoretical effectiveness and what people actually do. I personally loath pilates and even if was the worlds best exercise would not do it. The same preferences can be attached to any program...

:heart:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

:heart:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

lolwut?

More people bike the world over than weight lift. But never mind that, your last sentence is the fulcrum - the practical solution is to add the activity that is practical and allows for consistent practice and is aligned to your overall total goals. If one enjoys practicing a specific sport or activity - without detracting from it, weight lifting does not substitute the learned neurological adaptation of practicing the movements of that activity.

fangirling.gif
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Your *kitten* might be disappearing because you're in a deficit, not because of cardio.

Maybe reduce the deficit and do what everyone else has suggested.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This is great! Worth every penny I'm paying for this.

Here's some exercises for your rear.
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/our-top-10-exercises-to-tone-your-butt/?page=1

Best thing for the legs would be some weights. If you don't have access, try riding your bike or doing some rollerblading/ice skating.

Good luck.