What yummy food is worth being obese for?

Options

Replies

• edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I eat all the foods I want, but I share with a co-worker or my husband and we split a whole serving or less. I want the treats, but I want to be thin more. Starting January 2, I am throwing out anything that is sweet that is left overs from the holidays. (January 1st we are going to the NHL Winter Classic in Ann Arbor, MI and I fully expect to have to eat stadium food because you can't even bring in a purse.) I have already cut back the cookie counts from the last two years and I have been stalling on my baking so as to not have the temptation around.
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bacon, bacon or bacon. FACT! If Bacon was not on your list, you should be ashamed to call yourself a person
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Can't say its worth it but I can say what I wish I could just eat whenever I wanted...:

Indian Curry (Hello buffet!)

Sushi

Wine

Fried Chicken

Ranch on pizza, buffalo wings,

Potato salad with bacon

The two things I have been craving, and probably will eat one of these days is Sushi(OFCOURSE) and INDIAN FOOD (LIKE MY FAV! lol)
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    :drinker: This holiday season has brought me to bad habits of eating sugary things. Emotions are a big part of this. I just want to keep repeating this question to myself, "What food I want/crave is worth being obese for?" --So when I see fudge, cookies, pie etc. how long am I willing to give into them? How long do I want to remain obese?

I have to honestly say "Nothing tastes better than how I feel about myself as I slim down" (and since I'm still obese, I have to say it that way, when I'm slim, then I'll change it up). And my way of surviving the sugary things is actually to bake a bunch of them. This season that has meant that I've given in but limited myself to 1 or a taste of one if I can find a coworker interested in splitting the cookie or chocolate because I've not done my baking (that all changes tonight). After the 2nd or 3rd batch of cookies I make, I'm so done with sugar (and that's not tasting anything, just seeing all that goes into them even with my eye on the ingredients regardless of my emotional state but part of that is that baking is therapy for me). So by Thursday, I plan to have 6 different cookies baked, a cranberry bread loaf and poor man's toffee prepared for work, my son's school, our other office (for the coworkers I don't see daily) and my roommate's AP class, if she wants them (she's a high school teacher). That should hold me until the New Year when all the treats are gone!

I haven't denied myself in my journey but I am learning more and more about moderation. That has caused some minor setbacks as I learn but I always knew it was a journey and lessons had to be learned so I don't crave and therefore I don't cave!

Also, find your mantra. Recently divorced here so it's a bigger motivation for me to repeat to myself "I'm doing it for the Damn, you got hot!" than the ones I like from Cassey Ho of Blogiates (Like 'Train like a beast, look like a beauty). Hope that helps you through the rest of the holiday treats season!
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Well, I used to be obese, and I don't believe in "Nothing tastes better than thin feels." Donuts taste way better. Cookies. Chocolate. Steak. Little Debbie snacks. Scotch. And it's possible to have that stuff and still be thin. Don't make me say the M word.

This!
    I have a lot of luv for the folks who get it. Cheers! :drinker:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    You realize you can have all the yummy foods without becoming obese, right? That's what portion control is about.

I was gonna say nothing tastes as good as running a mile (or more) feels. Best part is if you eat something out of proportion to portion control, you can go run that mile (or more)
  • jackwrobel1
    Options
    Mango habanero buffalo wild wings! best dirty bulk food out there.
  • AproMunro
    Options
    Nothing is worth being obese for, but it is also pointless to try to improve your health by stressing yourself out. If there is a yummy thing available to you that would cause you great heartache to decline, just go ahead and ENJOY IT! Smile. Feel good about it! YUM! But don't make junk food your main source of nutrition. Have a dessert and a holiday dinner today. Have a couple cookies or some candy or yummy leftovers tomorrow, go ahead and treat yourself again for a third day if you really need to. But also have a couple light veggy filled meals too. And make proper food choices your main diet even if you let yourself splurge a bit for a few days here and there during the holidays. It will slow your weight loss a bit. Perhaps cause you to retain some water. But after the fun is over and you cut out the naughty little extras, the water weight will vanish over the course of a few days, and you will continue to lose weight just like nothing happened. In fact it may even pick up steam for a short time because the extra calories you consumed will probably boost your metabolism a bit. ENJOY YOURSELF! No guilt!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    All the foods. Which is why I now go to the gym on the regular. So I can haz it ALL.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    A holiday recipe we simply call "Frozen Desert" that has been passed down 5 generations in our family. We only will eat it twice a year - Thanksgiving & Christmas. I have not seen anyone else on the planet make this desert.
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    +1
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    :drinker: This holiday season has brought me to bad habits of eating sugary things. Emotions are a big part of this. I just want to keep repeating this question to myself, "What food I want/crave is worth being obese for?" --So when I see fudge, cookies, pie etc. how long am I willing to give into them? How long do I want to remain obese?

Any kind of cheesecake and pepperoni pizza.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    dinosaur BBQ anything!
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Is there really food that's worth obesity? If there is, I don't want to know what it is. Recently, my homemade chicken salads taste a lot better than McDonald's salads. Homemade quesadillas are tasting better than Taco Bells. While I can't say I make a mean pizza yet, I earn it by working out. To me, there's no food worth being obese for, it's probably how you got there to begin with!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    NOTHING! I do allow myself treats (and have been having too many this month), but I don't ever want to go back to my old size.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Nutella
    Cheetos
    Sushi
    Pizza
    Fried pickles
    Beer
    Wine
    Bourbon
    Whiskey
    Tequila

All in moderation. I don't deprive myself. I'm just smarter about it.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference between the OP's point and the motto "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".

The latter is BS. This girl was obese, and everything tasted amazing. Now, being skinny doesn't make the food taste any different! I still eat it, and I am still skinny. Perhaps I don't eat as much. That point I get.

The OP was about what foods were worth being obese for. NOT ONE THING. If eating any one food made me obese I would never eat it again. I will never go back. Thankfully, there is not one food out that that will make me obese again.
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    1339609287840_9616526.png

heheheh - sorry - couldn't resist. Although I still eat whatever I want, and I'm losing weight (portion control, calorie counting and exercise!) :wink:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Pizza!! And chocolate!

Seriously, none, really. As others said, you can still eat what you like and not be obese - you just have to practice portion control and exercise to make up for the excess. When I was obese, I would've been able to list many foods (and drinks) that I thought were worth it because I didn't care. But when it comes right down to it, I'd rather be healthy than eat a pound of chocolate just because I want to.

It's a matter of changing your perspective and attitude and being mindful. I kind of like how some of the links that go around for Thanksgiving put it. If you ate these things, you would need to walk for x amount of hours to burn it off. And honestly I think that's a good way to think of it. Is that 350 calorie slice of pie worth an hour long walk (at 4mph)? Maybe but the 2nd slice sure isn't worth it, especially if you're already full because you really don't need it. Plus it's too cold out to go for a walk. Just skip the pie and stay in and watch some holiday movies. :)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that a lot of different ones were worth it. Now I say none of them are.