Whats the meanest thing someone said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• kikionna4
    Options
    That's so awful!! *Hugs!*

I know the time I got made fun of the most and when people were mean was Elementary/Early Middle School. High School people didn't say **** but I was a ***** during the High School years in the beginning from my mom passing away so nobody said anything to me. I remember writing down the things kids said to me/called me in my early years in an old diary. **** is scarring! Probably the meanest thing anyone has said weight wise to me was basically just about being fat and with that came being ugly. I played it off to them but it hurt immensely. It was an extremely tough time.
  • KiraBaby20
    Options
    That's so awful!! *Hugs!*

I know the time I got made fun of the most and when people were mean was Elementary/Early Middle School. High School people didn't say **** but I was a ***** during the High School years in the beginning from my mom passing away so nobody said anything to me. I remember writing down the things kids said to me/called me in my early years in an old diary. **** is scarring! Probably the meanest thing anyone has said weight wise to me was basically just about being fat and with that came being ugly. I played it off to them but it hurt immensely. It was an extremely tough time.

Grr kids are so mean, well adults are too. But still, My little brother is 5 and he came home crying on his first day of kindergarten because the kids in his class said he was too big and the TEACHER asked him if he was held back! I was soooo pissed! Like WTF is wrong with these kids parents and the teacher!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I had someone tell me "Don't gain too much weight". Wow, really?
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    The meanest thing actually came from my brother who I hadn't seen in a couple of weeks. I walked up to visit and he said, "dang, you're getting fat, girl." Of course I said "well, you're getting ugly" but it was too late...feelings still got hurt.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I had two people genuinely ask if i was pregnant (one was a former co-worker I hadn't seen in 10 years...she was so happy for me too...:grumble: )

I had a drunk guy at a ballgame tell me I had "more rolls than a bakery" :noway:

And my ex used to tell me that i was "pretty...you know for someone so out of shape" (and in another year he can eat his damn heart out next time i bump in to him!!! :wink: )
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    when i was 8 i had a belly and my gymnastics teacher asked me if i was pregnant and told me I should "suck it in" >< meanest thing to date.
  • bleumuffin
    Options
    "You're fine as you are."
    "You're SUPPOSED to be chubby."
    "You won't look good if you lose weight, you'll look sickly."
    "I like your body right now."
    "Your face is sooooo pretty!" or "You'd look so hot if you lost all that fat."

Most are from my mom, thanks mom. Some are from my boyfriend, I don't know WHY he would say such things considering he lifts and he's fit as hell. And some are just from random people I don't even know. :indifferent:
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A few of the worst things people have said about me were not said directly to me, but as I was walking by. When I was in high school, I was at my highest weight. I was walking into school one time and a group of guys were just saying horrible things.
    "She's fu*king huge!"
    "Whale."
    "Fat *kitten*!"
    So, yeah, Great confidence boost.

And my old friend would always talk about how short and fat I was. He'd find someone tall and skinny, and start laughing like crazy. He'd say, "She's like your opposite! She's tall and skinny, and you're short and fat."

Great friend, right? :b

I've been called a myriad of names, believe me, but somehow, fat *kitten* always gets to me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I had medical assistants weigh me and say oh wow you don't look like you weigh that much. It was probably a compliment (backhanded). Whatever I don't take what people say to heart anyways. I'm tall what can I say.

I still get this now, and have been hearing it since I was 8 or 9 years old. When I was around 270 lb the medical staff would take forever to weigh me and make a lot of comments to the same effect.

My mom made me get on her scale a couple of months ago because she seriously did NOT believe me when I told her I was still over 200 lb. She weighs 170-something, and I wear smaller pants and am a couple of inches taller (still 206 lb).

To me that's kind of flattering though, not offensive. I know it's silly either way but it makes me feel kind of good.
  • Dawnidizzle
    Options
    When are you due? Are you pregnant! :sad:
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I hate those compliments that are actually insults!
    "You would be so hot if you lost weight!"
    "You have such a pretty face!"
    "You would be perfect if you were a bit thinner."

-____- No.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    "Of course you're still single; you look like sh¡t. You'd have to wonder about any man who'd want to be with you!"

Thanks mum :/
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    I was asked by a peer, "Are you pregnant?" When I said I wasn't, his immediate response was, "Well, you look like it." Total *kitten*.
  • TatteredBloom76
    Options
    When I was a senior in high school, I was sexually assaulted by a stranger (a junior I had never even heard of). I won't get into the specifics of the assault. But, I decided to press charges. He was never arrested, but I took him to court. I could not prove what he did, so I lost. However, the judge stated that he believed me. He asked the boy why he did what he did to me. He said four words: "BECAUSE OF HER SIZE." I was just over 200 lbs then. I am way past that, now. His words haunt me to this day, contributing to my anxiety & agoraphobia.

Tell your children to watch what they say. Four little words *can* hurt, no matter what "sticks & stones" says.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind this was back in highschool when at my heaviest I was 138lbs. A guy told me I would be good looking if I lost weight:huh: Also, have had a few people call me thunder thighs, as if I didn't know they existed.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Ugh. So this may not sound as mean as some of the other ones, but I went on a first date with a guy and he told me my face was too fat and that he just couldn't get past it!. Other then that I was great according to him. I can change my waist line with calorie restriction and exercise, but i have big cheeks just like the other woman in my family so it is not something I can change. It really hurt my feelings and I remember going home and youtubing ways to make my face appear skinnier with make-up!

Horrble!! Your cheeks are fabulous and so cute :) What a d-bag

I totally agree. You are going to look 30 when you are 60 with that face shape and awesome cheeks. Adorable!!!
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hubs said to me the other day - drunkenly, but still said it, after inspecting my recent (and totally frickin cute) VS purchase:

"I've said before that I'd tell you if you were getting fat. And I'm not saying you're fat. But you're getting there."

And then he continued to say some mean and hurtful things about the size of the articles of clothing. I was completely shocked, saddened, and disheartened by this.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Your loving bald husband? Hmmmm
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your loving bald husband? Hmmmm

Damn you profile...lol. No but seriously, that's mainly why I was completely shocked! I guess you just never know what people are really thinking :(
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I decided to cut all my hair off in to a pixie cut while I was in junior high and my papa said, "that looks so nice! You have such a pretty face! Now if only you could get your body to match."

I've had all the usual mean comments and was bullied growing up but that comment constantly stays with me. Then I have the opposite side of the spectrum: as I've lost weight the story going around my family is that I either starve myself or I'm on drugs. I've never done drugs in my life and I love food way to much to starve myself!