Proposal Ideas

Options

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. She definitely knows its coming, but not when. I'm in a bit of a time crunch, as she's hinted she'd really like to have something to show off on the holidays.

Toy with her a bit for the next few days and then do it on Christmas Eve or Christmas day with her family, or yours, whichever you'll be spending the holidays with.

Rigger
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Make it the very last item she pulls out of her stocking (if you do stockings).
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqleezn7kJ1scjd8ro1_250.gif
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My (now) husband turned up at my work one Friday morning in a great suit and in the reception in front of loads of people got down on one knee and simply said 'Hello X, will you marry me'.

This was pretty impressive as at the time I thought he was a 30 hour flight away!

And I got the rest of the day off work.

So.....maybe do it at work in front of all her colleagues?

Otherwise you could quote Mr & Mrs Smith (The first time we met, I thought you looked like Christmas morning) and give it to her Christmas morning /Eve.

It'll be wonderful - just remember to get down on one knee!
    :love:
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, did you ask her?!!?
  • HANGRYFEEDME
    Options
    Don't do it.....
  • sam_r_i
    sam_r_i Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just an update. I did ask and she said yes. Let the fun begin, lol
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Disney World !
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    However you propose, make sure you follow these rules:

1) Ask her dad's permission beforehand.
    2) Make it a surprise
    3) Have someone secretly there ready to take a picture of the proposal. My husband did this and I love that there are pictures of the moment!
    4) Use her entire name (first, middle and last) when you ask her to marry you!

to me this just proves every girl's different. #1 would have upset and offended me. #3 and #4 would annoy me a bit.

OP...DETAILS!?!?!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Here it goes.

You: Hey.
    Her: Hey.
    You: How are you doing?
    Her: I'm good, how are you?
    You: You look nice tonight.
    Her: Oh, thanks, you look cute too.
    You: Well I've got this ring, wanna wear it forever?
    Her: Oh Wow! Yes yes yes.
    You: I love you, can you make me a sandwich?
    Her: I love you too, yes honey anything you want.

1 year after marriage.

You: Hey baby, can you make me a sandwich?
    Her: Yeah let me get right on that. <sarcasm>

Good luck buddy!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    However you propose, make sure you follow these rules:

1) Ask her dad's permission beforehand.
    2) Make it a surprise
    3) Have someone secretly there ready to take a picture of the proposal. My husband did this and I love that there are pictures of the moment!
    4) Use her entire name (first, middle and last) when you ask her to marry you!

to me this just proves every girl's different. #1 would have upset and offended me. #3 and #4 would annoy me a bit.

OP...DETAILS!?!?!

Seriously, how can the OP ask for detailed ideas and then not tell us how he went about it?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

congrats!! So, how did you do it??
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Well???? How did you do it?
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP!!! Yes, the DETAILS!! :flowerforyou: I love that some guys can actually be romantic and really care about special moments!!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP!!! Yes, the DETAILS!! :flowerforyou: I love that some guys can actually be romantic and really care about special moments!!

^^this
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    just to get in on the proposal ideas, i know it is too late, but I took my fiance on a picnic lunch to a botanical garden that we go to off and on for Valentines Day. once finished with the lunch we packed it up, and i convinced her to walk with me around to one of the gardens. i had already chosen the one i wanted to go to because it had a really cool little rock bridge. we went there, and on it i gave her her valentines card. it was a little cute romantic card, but at the bottom of it, i wrote in my proposal. while she read it, i got down on my knee. she was smiling as she read it, and as she got to the bottom, she got a shocked look on her face. then she put the card down and looked at me holding the ring and her jaw just completely dropped. she reached down and ripped the box out of my hand and put the ring on. i did ask her parents permission first, (about 3 or 4 months before i did it, and her mom was about ready to explode because she couldn't tell anyone about it), and i had a good friend of mine that she had never met there taking pictures.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Just don't....

This.

Stay safe.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Order a pizza, tape the ring to the inside of the box and write "Will you marry me, or is this too cheesy" I thought that was hilarious! LOL!