how do you deal with a broken heart?

Options

Replies

• THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Think of it as you just lost that many pounds of stress and dead weight instantly... Think of it as a lesson learned.. If you find yourself obsessing about "I miss him, I love him" force your mind to focus on WHY you broke up not the good times. And keep telling yourself it didn't work because YOU DESERVE BETTER!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    De6sMsv.png

Girl Code: In order to get over one guy, get under another one. :wink:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Time (though if the person is still somewhat in your life, makes this part even more difficult), replace them (even just for a night here and there;-) ), hit the gym, stay busy, focus on you.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Seriously, what do you do?

Also I've always wanted to go to Portland!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    weed and hard liquor

^Also this!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Time heals. Surround yourself with friends and family and set mini goals, things that you've always wanted to do within a certain time frame ei: Trip to Paris, hot air balloon ride, ride a motorcycle, portaging, drastic hair cut etc...And just remember that life is way too short - get out there and enjoy it :)
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Bubbles. Blowing soap bubbles always cheer me up.

giphy.gif

Seriously, I'm serious. Go blow "bubbles". Do something that makes you happy. Bubbles and boobs make me happy. Both at same time is ecstasy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My heart is now permanently broken. I will NOT allow myself to be vulnerable again. Love hurts, sometimes too much. I've had enough hurt.

Time heals all wounds, but the scars remain as a reminder. My scars run very deep.

How do you deal with it??? One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, sometimes, one minute at a time. Sometimes crying helps.

Never again!!

we are people- we heal.

We are scarred and we live and learn from our experiences- but we are rarely broken for good.

Time heals almost all things. Time and forgiving yourself and him/her for mistakes- it takes a long time to come to that and the road is bumpy and full of ice cream and then very guilty feeling fat work outs LOL... but it takes times- just make a routine- stick to it and press forward.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well said! :smile:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

gtfo :angry:
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Don't let it happen. Always be the heart breaker.
    Horrible, i know.
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What I do is I sit with a couple coronas and drink for about an hour and watch movies and sit on the couch and just watch movies and try to forget about the woman who hurt me. I have been hurt more in my life by women so many times I can not even begin to count how many have hurt me. All I need is that special someone who will always love me for me no matter what, won't ever leave me, won't ever cheat on me, won't blow up in my face or over the phone at me, wants to be with me no matter what, wants kids, wants to do everything she can to make me happy, will talk out our issues and resolve them
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ride out the waves of emotion. They will make you stronger in time.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Bubbles. Blowing soap bubbles always cheer me up.

giphy.gif

Seriously, I'm serious. Go blow "bubbles". Do something that makes you happy. Bubbles and boobs make me happy. Both at same time is ecstasy.

I like the way you think! LOL
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    My heart is now permanently broken. I will NOT allow myself to be vulnerable again. Love hurts, sometimes too much. I've had enough hurt.

Time heals all wounds, but the scars remain as a reminder. My scars run very deep.

How do you deal with it??? One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, sometimes, one minute at a time. Sometimes crying helps.

Never again!!

Haha, when I was in my early 20s, I gave myself that speech about once per year, and I was serious! But then I would meet someone and get over it. :laugh:
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Time, and start filling your schedule with "me time". Do things for you, maybe all the things that the person who broke your heart hated to do and you shelved it for them. Set goals, keep moving forward. Take one step at a time. Get up, get dressed, get moving, etc.
  • dmeyerman
    Options
    Don't think about the Good times... Only the BAD times.

The above, and run it out of you at the gym! Fill time taking aerobics classes, and push hard so when you are over him/her mentally you have the backing of a better and stronger you mentally and physically!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

:laugh: This made me giggle.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    The following has been attributed to both Dory Previn and Langston Hughes:

"i can't go on
    i mean
    i can't go on
    i really
    can't go on
    i swear
    i can't go on