how do you deal with a broken heart?

Options

Replies

• inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    As a million people have said, time, perspective, let yourself grieve, and remember that there is something remaining worth loving. Besides, remember, unless your old and grey and with the right person for 50+ years we have ALL failed at relationships at some point in our lives.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Lots of time. Keep yourself busy, get a hobby, go back to school, hang with friends/family. Try to keep your distance from him/her and learn to be alone again.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    For my very worst one ever, all I could do was give it time.
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Running, going out with friends, and rye whiskey did it for me.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Get with a couple Mr. Wrongs

Plenty of them here. lol (j/k love you guys)
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    2vwtk7r.jpg
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    nothing mends a broken heart. when your heart gets broken, whoever/whatever broke it takes a piece with them, so that no matter how many times you puzzle it back together, it'll never be completely whole again. such a cruel game.

Well that's sad, defeatist attitude. I personally think I'm been made stronger and more whole by every heart ache. It just takes time and a willingness to learn from things.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i don't mean to be mean or blunt, and maybe this is just something i have come by through age....

sometimes things suck, whether it is a death of someone, or someone leaving or Firefly being cancelled - things can get crappy. and you should let yourself mourn the loss of those things as people tend to do. You think about the good times, and wish that you could do more, but ultimately you come to terms that they are gone.

and then you have a choice - you can let it get you down that someone doesn't want to be with you, you you can say "screw them. if they don't want to be on this train to awesometown, then that's their problem, not mine" and you go on. seriously, don't waste more time wishing someone back if they don't want to be with you. time is valuable, and it's up to you to make the best of it. one day you will find someone you don't have to beg to appreciate you. and that will make it all worth it.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Realize its just really a temp. chemical imbalance in your brain and treat it as such.

I'm only an insensitive *kitten* with feelings when I don't like them.

I love your answer. It's so true.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Drink wine and carry on ! Life is to short to let someone break your heart and hold you down...
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Make some bad decisions.

And...BAM! Just don't give out your phone number. You don't want a bad decision to call the next day! :laugh:
  • PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    Options
    It's tough, because it can just destroy your self-confidence. It may be difficult, but you need to step back and take a long look at the relationship and ask yourself, was it me? Or was it him? I would be willing to bet that the answer is that it was him. Then you can look at yourself and say "I'm a great catch, and he blew it.". The next time you're out and about, you can stand tall and confident and the RIGHT guy will notice you. It sounds simplistic, but the wrong guys always know when a girl is down and can be taken advantage of, but the right guy is drawn to a confident woman.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the getting over by getting under approach. Plus, lots and lots and lots of time with your friends.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    First stage involved a lot of crying and days in pj's.
    crying-jess.gif?w=500&h=257

Second stage involved a lot of drinking and bars
    ron-swanson-drunk-gif.gif

Final stage...rebound sex
    tumblr_mpjcohxium1rk584xo1_500.jpg
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    nothing mends a broken heart. when your heart gets broken, whoever/whatever broke it takes a piece with them, so that no matter how many times you puzzle it back together, it'll never be completely whole again. such a cruel game.

For me it was just the opposite. I cried, yes. I felt like I couldn't go on. But one day I woke up and said "what the heck am I doing?" I got out of bed and went on, stronger, better and whole! I refuse to let any man defeat me.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Friends!
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    You'd have to fall in love to get a broken heart, and I don't fall in love.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Time and staying busy.

Work and working out.

Distraction.
  • linzchapates
    Options
    Bacon....
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    My usual routine is this

Drinking or drugs or both for the first two weeks I mean get pass out wasted everynight.

Gambling for another couple of weeks.

Start working out with gradual stalking

After enough time has passed no more stalking just continuing working out.