Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• VenharBaby
    Options
    Yep! I really want this to work! Deficit here i come! By spring I should be good to go! And ya, I'll keep doing squats but im not doing a heavy lifting program. All my focus is going on deficit and some cardio.

you do realize that squats are a heavy lift..right?

why do I have the feeling that by spring you are not going to be where you want to be...

as long as she stays on a 2% deficit she'll be good....

No no no! I will begin a TDEE - 15% and aim for .05lb loss per week.

while weighing, measuring, and logging?

No. By following a 1500cal meal plan and eating cucumbers, dill pickles, and sugar free jello whenever. Easy right? eggs and greek yogurt for breakies, fruit for snack, sandwich and veggies for lunches, yogurt snack, carb/meat/veggies suppers 3 times week and meat/veggie suppers 4 times a week. Yogurt/berries bedtime snacks only when hungry. I did this before and it worked.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    OP, from your photos, you simply need to reduce fat mass. You're probably around 30% body fat right now if those pics were just taken.
    Ya I figured i was more 25%. And yes the photos were just taken.

Not to be a downer, but I'm about...27-26% bodyfat. So I'd guess you're about 30, as suggested.

Not being mean. Just saying.

I have to agree with this, but I would have said closer to mid-30's. OP, can you take pictures of the same positions but flexed. Maybe you should look into getting your body fat % measured (maybe dexa scan?) or ask Sara and Sidesteel of the ETP group to evaluate.

But once you lose a lot more body fat, you'll slim down. This includes your *kitten*.

Holy moly! Really! mid 30 percentile! Im worse off then i thought i was......this makes me very sad......I need to do something about this.

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

k thanks. I would agree with 30% but NOT 35%

IMO its closer to 40%
    Jesus! That 40% girl is like a size 16! I wear a size 10!

And I wear a size 12 and look smaller than you so you need to stop going off a picture and go in a get accurate measurement!

You might be right about the pictures because your boobs look huge compared to mine and it I wear my stretchy pants up high like that it makes my belly look smaller too. I don't think u look smaller than me at all.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Just go and see a nutritionist, doctor, trainer to get an accurate measurement of your body percentile. Don't go off a picture ! LMAO!!!

Even with a trainer it's very hard to get an accurate measurement and dexa scans aren't cheap. What good does an accurate measure do anyway? Her body has more fat than she'd like (including in her butt) so she should try to lose it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Yep! I really want this to work! Deficit here i come! By spring I should be good to go! And ya, I'll keep doing squats but im not doing a heavy lifting program. All my focus is going on deficit and some cardio.

why do I have the feeling that by spring you are not going to be where you want to be...

No. By following a 1500cal meal plan and eating cucumbers, dill pickles, and sugar free jello whenever. Easy right? eggs and greek yogurt for breakies, fruit for snack, sandwich and veggies for lunches, yogurt snack, carb/meat/veggies suppers 3 times week and meat/veggie suppers 4 times a week. Yogurt/berries bedtime snacks only when hungry. I did this before and it worked.

if you are not weighing and measuring how do you know that you are eating 1500 cals a day or that you are at 15% deficit?????? OP you just don't get it do you?

"you did this before" is this before or after your most recent disaster?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

You'll be back in spring saying you've lost loads of weight, are at GW but don't understand why you still don't like the way you look.

Just deficit and cardio = burning off your muscle as well as fat.

SMH
    Yep. I'm a former personal trainer and many of my female clients were at a normal, healthy range but had really poor body composition after doing the calorie restriction + cardio route and were only concerned with weight loss.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OP, from your photos, you simply need to reduce fat mass. You're probably around 30% body fat right now if those pics were just taken.

Not to be a downer, but I'm about...27-26% bodyfat. So I'd guess you're about 30, as suggested.

I have to agree with this, but I would have said closer to mid-30's. OP, can you take pictures of the same positions but flexed. Maybe you should look into getting your body fat % measured (maybe dexa scan?) or ask Sara and Sidesteel of the ETP group to evaluate.

But once you lose a lot more body fat, you'll slim down. This includes your *kitten*.

Holy moly! Really! mid 30 percentile! Im worse off then i thought i was......this makes me very sad......I need to do something about this.

IMO its closer to 40%

And I wear a size 12 and look smaller than you so you need to stop going off a picture and go in a get accurate measurement!

You might be right about the pictures because your boobs look huge compared to mine and it I wear my stretchy pants up high like that it makes my belly look smaller too. I don't think u look smaller than me at all.

A) Rude much?

B) Again, I'm about 27% body fat and I have no stretchy pants in my picture. I'm not saying 40, but I'm not saying 30 either.

C) Not that it matters. You're fatter than you like, fix it. End of story.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Just go and see a nutritionist, doctor, trainer to get an accurate measurement of your body percentile. Don't go off a picture ! LMAO!!!

Even with a trainer it's very hard to get an accurate measurement and dexa scans aren't cheap. What good does an accurate measure do anyway? Her body has more fat than she'd like (including in her butt) so she should try to lose it.

x1000. people spend way too much time trying to get accurate numbers when the only thing that matters is if you're satisfied or not
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    OK
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No? So how do you know you are actually eating 1500cals if you don't weigh, measure or log your food?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

if you are not weighing and measuring how do you know that you are eating 1500 cals a day or that you are at 15% deficit?????? OP you just don't get it do you?

OP, how many times have you done this yo-yoing? I'm assuming that the previous times you were also more focused on cardio, if any exercise at all, right? And it was sort of a crash diet phase?

If so, I think I'm starting to see why you have such a high body fat %.
  • VenharBaby
    Options

No? So how do you know you are actually eating 1500cals if you don't weigh, measure or log your food?

Whoops! Weighing and measuring YES but not logging.
  • VenharBaby
    Options

IMO its closer to 40%

A) Rude much?

B) Again, I'm about 27% body fat and I have no stretchy pants in my picture. I'm not saying 40, but I'm not saying 30 either.

That post was meant for Sreneesa. She is wearing stretchy pants.
  • VenharBaby
    Options

OP, how many times have you done this yo-yoing? I'm assuming that the previous times you were also more focused on cardio, if any exercise at all, right? And it was sort of a crash diet phase?

If so, I think I'm starting to see why you have such a high body fat %.

Just once, then got pregnant. And I was focused on diet and cardio and light weights. I did treadmill and light weight (machines) at a gym. And I walked outside few times a week.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    train-wreck-1.gif
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options

A) Rude much?

Oh honey. If you really think you look smaller than Achrya, then you definitely have BDD, just in the opposite direction of most people.

ETA: I see now where it was meant for someone else. Still uncalled for and rude though.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

A) Rude much?

Oh honey. If you really think you look smaller than Achrya, then you definitely have BDD, just in the opposite direction of most people.

ETA: I see now where it was meant for someone else. Still uncalled for and rude though.

I have to agree and regardless where her stretchy pants are sitting, there is a noticeable difference in the stomach composition. Maybe she carries her weight a little differently, but just going off with the pictures I've seen of the OP and the picture I see of Sreneesa, I'd say Sreneesa looks smaller.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys! What's going on in here?!?!

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

Nevermind....
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options

A) Rude much?

I have to agree and regardless where her stretchy pants are sitting, there is a noticeable difference in the stomach composition. Maybe she carries her weight a little differently, but just going off with the pictures I've seen of the OP and the picture I see of Sreneesa, I'd say Sreneesa looks smaller.

Achrya you clearly have a wider body frame than Sreneesa which is why people are saying you look bigger, doesn't mean you have a higher BF% though. Your frame to height is indeed bigger... So basing BF% of those pictures is beyond silly and basing it off your profile pics is even more stupid.

And anyone who makes rude estimations is probably just a troll with real issues... Yes you bi standers making comment!!! Rawr!

You have different frames! You're clearly different heights! There for you will hold weight differently.. there for you will have different BF% and be different sizes. Seriously. Your all arguing over something that really can't be argued over. Who cares what size pants someone wear's. A 6'11 fitness freak who is healthy will still wear a bigger size than a 5'3 overweight couch potato. Just as a weight lifter will weigh more and have smaller measurements than someone who does jack. Urgh... People... Just urghhh
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

A) Rude much?

Achrya you clearly have a wider body frame than Sreneesa which is why people are saying you look bigger. Your frame to height is indeed bigger... So basing BF% of those pictures is beyond silly. And anyone who makes rude estimations is probably just a troll. You have different frames! You're clearly different heights! There for you will hold weight differently.. there for you will have different BF% and be different sizes. Seriously. Your all arguing over something that really can't be argued over. Who cares what size pants someone wear's. A 6'11 fitness freak who is healthy will still wear a bigger size than a 5'3 overweight couch potato. Just as a weight lifter will weigh more and have smaller measurements than someone who does jack. Urgh... People... Just urghhh

And you are correct.

I guess I could have been a little nicer.... my bad for the last post girl.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    No sweety, hate to break it to you but my stomach is not fat like yours... AT ... ALL. LMAO!!!

You are delusional hon. Seriously go seek some mental help.

Edit. Not saying my stomach is flat or anything just saying it is smaller than yours in a obvious way.

1264505362_cat-fight.gif