Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Ok, I'm totally going to get hated on for this. OP, if your looking to cut both muscle mass and fat then do "road work." It's what boxer and other atheletes that need to lose "weight" (really for most of them it boils down to muscle mass or converting fast twitch muscles to slow twitch muscles) to make lower weight categories. It involves intense long cardio. Or go to Asia and to that crazy plastic surgery where they REMOVE muscle to create slimmer looking legs and butts...

For the record, I think squat *kitten* is amazing... Lol.

Edited for missing word/letter

you can convert fast twitch muscles to slow twitch muscles?
  • DavPul
    Ok, I'm totally going to get hated on for this. OP, if your looking to cut both muscle mass and fat then do "road work." It's what boxer and other atheletes that need to lose "weight" (really for most of them it boils down to muscle mass or converting fast twitch muscles to slow twitch muscles) to make lower weight categories. It involves intense long cardio. Or go to Asia and to that crazy plastic surgery where they REMOVE muscle to create slimmer looking legs and butts...

Converts is a bad word, increases slow twitch and allows fast twitch time to atrophy may be a better way to describe it....

and are you arguing with yourself?
  • OP, from your photos, you simply need to reduce fat mass. You're probably around 30% body fat right now if those pics were just taken.
    Ya I figured i was more 25%. And yes the photos were just taken.

Not to be a downer, but I'm about...27-26% bodyfat. So I'd guess you're about 30, as suggested.

Not being mean. Just saying.

I have to agree with this, but I would have said closer to mid-30's. OP, can you take pictures of the same positions but flexed. Maybe you should look into getting your body fat % measured (maybe dexa scan?) or ask Sara and Sidesteel of the ETP group to evaluate.

But once you lose a lot more body fat, you'll slim down. This includes your *kitten*.

Holy moly! Really! mid 30 percentile! Im worse off then i thought i was......this makes me very sad......I need to do something about this.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 728 Member

Converts is a bad word, increases slow twitch and allows fast twitch time to atrophy may be a better way to describe it....

I already corrected my term :). And never said it was smart, just an answer like the crazy muscle remover surgery is technically an answer.

Joy, its types of muscles. Think strength vs endurance. Or for easier reference, sprinter vs distance runner.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    pics are uploaded to profile. Thanks for the tips how to resize.

Just looked at your pics and you DO NOT have a huge butt. Not even close. Stop worrying
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    2nj9fm8.gif

I see the previous gif didn't include this butt shake. That's a gosh darn disservice to everyone here.
    I posted the original GIF a while back but some mod deleted it, stating the butt shake violated site policy somehow.
  • inside_lap

and are you arguing with yourself?

No, just giving a list of obtuse but nonfictional answers
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    2nj9fm8.gif

I see the previous gif didn't include this butt shake. That's a gosh darn disservice to everyone here.
    I posted the original GIF a while back but some mod deleted it, stating the butt shake violated site policy somehow.

Oh I see. Well they know where to find me.
  • inside_lap
    2nj9fm8.gif

That's horrifying! How can people get offended by that?
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Thanks for this post, with my bottle of wine it has made my Saturday night! :drinker:

Your squats aren't your problem, your weight is. Don't give up on the squats until you have gotten back to the weight that you desire, you'll probably find you love your *kitten* more then :smile:
  • DavPul

I already corrected my term :). And never said it was smart, just an answer like the crazy muscle remover surgery is technically an answer.

Joy, its types of muscles. Think strength vs endurance. Or for easier reference, sprinter vs distance runner.

are you hearing voices?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Holy moly! Really! mid 30 percentile! Im worse off then i thought i was......this makes me very sad......I need to do something about this.

omg- eat less- do a cut.

you'll be fine.

"I don't want a big *kitten*"

said no one EVER. Be grateful for what you have and learn how to make it fabulous.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    In terms of muscle fiber conversion, I guess this is what she is implying:

Muscle hypertrophy and fast fiber type conversions in heavy resistance-trained women
    http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00572189
  • inside_lap

are you hearing voices?

Reading your profile I can only assume your being a troll. No I'm not hearing voices but I do work with patents that do. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

are you hearing voices?

I think she's talking about the different muscle fibers in the body. But I don't think trying to convert muscle types is really the answer at all here.

Also, "No, one cannot change inherent fiber types I to II, only within the I or II subtypes.”

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21912291
  • inside_lap

are you hearing voices?

I think she's talking about the different muscle fibers in the body. But I don't think trying to convert muscle types is really the answer at all here.

Also, "No, one cannot change inherent fiber types I to II, only within the I or II subtypes.”

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21912291

Yes, but I was being obtuse. It was not intended to be a serious answer like muscle removal surgery was not intended to be serious.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    OP - After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that squats did not ruin your *kitten*, overeating, and a crappy diet has ruined your *kitten*….

eat in a deficit, squat heavy, and your ga-donka-donk will be back on track...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

I don't think they remove muscles, they cut the nerve(s) to the muscles allowing them to atrophy. No less crazy, but considerably less messy.
  • How about eat at a defict and do cardio. THEN do some squats.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Yep, even if you were lifting heavy and eating at a surplus, you wouldn't have gained much total muscle mass - maybe 3 lbs. So the rest of the weight you gained was from fat and water. Be happy you gained a bit of lean mass and start eating at a deficit to reduce the fat mass you gained while continuing the same exercise regimen.

Jaime Koeepe approves of nice, large bubble butts (she has a 40" donk)
    21bog77.gif
    I can't look away. It's just so beautiful.

I want a 40 inch donk! :sad:

You're in luck, I've got an inch or two I can donate (and still have a 40 inch donk.) I'm here for you.

You're a good friend. I don't suppose you want to donate some boobs too? :bigsmile:

Ahh. The thing about the boobs is...with the way my account is set up. With the checking and the savings and it's a Saturday and...uh. Oh hey, a unicorn!

unicorn.jpg

:laugh:

Fair enough, I've actually had a couple of bustier ladies offer me theirs. It's hard to imagine someone not wanting them.