Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• VenharBaby
    Options
    I found a pic online of the *kitten* I used to have. lol. I want that *kitten* back. Me like :) It's in my pics on profile.

Do you have a pic from a similar perspective now? Maybe it would help people understand the issue more.

Okay, I actually took pics of myself and posted them to my profile. And OMG! It's not my *kitten* at all! IT's my belly!!!!!!!!! How can there be so much difference from what i see in the mirror than on camera! Yikes!

Crap! I can't upload them cause they're too big and I don't know how to make them smaller.......
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    *kitten*.
    #swoon
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Yep, even if you were lifting heavy and eating at a surplus, you wouldn't have gained much total muscle mass - maybe 3 lbs. So the rest of the weight you gained was from fat and water. Be happy you gained a bit of lean mass and start eating at a deficit to reduce the fat mass you gained while continuing the same exercise regimen.

Jaime Koeepe approves of nice, large bubble butts (she has a 40" donk)
    21bog77.gif
    I can't look away. It's just so beautiful.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yep, even if you were lifting heavy and eating at a surplus, you wouldn't have gained much total muscle mass - maybe 3 lbs. So the rest of the weight you gained was from fat and water. Be happy you gained a bit of lean mass and start eating at a deficit to reduce the fat mass you gained while continuing the same exercise regimen.

21bog77.gif

I want a 40 inch donk! :sad:
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

21bog77.gif

WTH is a 'donk'?

*kitten*.

Feck!

Gorls!

Drink!

SNF3001TVFX-280_1135172a.jpg
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    IN to find out what the hell a 5% deficit is.

Especially interested in what it means for a person that isn't even logging

See I knew somebody would figure this out. And she isn't an angel....one wing?!? Seriously, 5% deficit....best of luck to you, honestly. If your goal is to re-shape a body part, yeppers best of luck. Maybe increase the deficit would accomplish the fat loss and body re-comp...then again....well, good luck.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Okay, I actually took pics of myself and posted them to my profile. And OMG! It's not my *kitten* at all! IT's my belly!!!!!!!!! How can there be so much difference from what i see in the mirror than on camera! Yikes!

Crap! I can't upload them cause they're too big and I don't know how to make them smaller.......
    Just upload them on tinypic and post the img link here or PM it to me and I'll fix it for you.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I found a pic online of the *kitten* I used to have. lol. I want that *kitten* back. Me like :) It's in my pics on profile.

Do you have a pic from a similar perspective now? Maybe it would help people understand the issue more.

Pixlr.com

just select Pixlr express and then resize your images. Thanks OP.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I don't care what guys think. I don't want a body with a big *kitten*, period. There are other exercises i can do that target the thighs and hammies. My *kitten* was fine before squatting, especially when i was 15lbs lighter. I have really nice jeans that i can't wear because of this squat *kitten*.

I think your logic is faulty. You say: " My *kitten* was fine before squatting, especially when i was 15lbs lighter. " I think your behind is not so much bigger and rounder from squats but from 15 pounds extra and maybe even more as of December, since I bet the extra food uses up your 5% deficit.
    I would try to lose that weight and see how my behind looked and then either stop blaming the squats, or stop doing them all together. Also, if you don't care what anyone thinks, why bother posting in the first place ?
    Good Luck !
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

21bog77.gif

:( I want this *kitten* but I have NO clue as to what I'm doing in the weight area of a gym and don't know anybody that can help me. I'm too poooooor lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

21bog77.gif

:( I want this *kitten* but I have NO clue as to what I'm doing in the weight area of a gym and don't know anybody that can help me. I'm too poooooor lol

You could get info from bretcontreras.com (the glute guy) or lots of other online sources.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Brett is the man when it comes to glute' muscles. You'll be a beat in no time. Very different way of working dem 6 muscles back there.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    well my point is I don't know gym "etiquette" when it comes to lifting. I wouldn't know what was appropriate to do when I comes to using the weights lol.... letting people work in and stuff. I do bootcamp classes right now and it's great but no lifting involved.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    pics are uploaded to profile. Thanks for the tips how to resize.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

It be like that sometimes! I too have a hard time believing what I see as opposed to what others see. lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

21bog77.gif

I want a 40 inch donk! :sad:

You're in luck, I've got an inch or two I can donate (and still have a 40 inch donk.) I'm here for you.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    OP, from your photos, you simply need to reduce fat mass. You're probably around 30% body fat right now if those pics were just taken.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, you seem to have a pretty severe pelvic tilt which won't be helping. Were you pushing your rear out in that last pic?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    well my point is I don't know gym "etiquette" when it comes to lifting. I wouldn't know what was appropriate to do when I comes to using the weights lol.... letting people work in and stuff. I do bootcamp classes right now and it's great but no lifting involved.

Don't overcomplicate things.

Gym etiquette is fairly straight forward/common sense - be considerate of others, don't hog and sharing is nice.
    Resting on equipment and not wiping it down are the biggest no-nos.
    I've hardly ever had anyone ask to work in.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

You can read stuff on the message boards here, on the internet, and you could just go in and start with using the dumbbells and observe how things are done and if you feel comfortable you could ask someone (when they aren't busy lifting). You can also ask the gym staff for some info, pointers, a tour of the weights section. It's just a matter of getting in their and gaining comfort, just like anything else that's new to you.