Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I found a pic online of the *kitten* I used to have. lol. I want that *kitten* back. Me like :) It's in my pics on profile.

:huh:
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    625554_598564593549078_108530174_n.jpg

Squat *kitten*^ I don't see much big about it, but okay.
  • emtbabe326
    Options

Please use correct grammar when making a post that is condescending to me. Thank you.
    [/quote]

you are my new hero.:drinker:
  • emtbabe326
    Options
    this is an interesting thread..

OP wants to eat whatever she wants for month of December and not track/log; then complains about the massive rear that she gained; then says that a after new years wants to get "small again"; but then in same post says "hates logging/weighing' = *mind freaking blown"

note to self - this is what happens when you go off the rail for a month and then have to spend the next three months getting back on track, only so you can once again go off track ….

This is such an awesome post :laugh:

and this is exactly what I would say. Cannot make this any better.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Someone has probably already asked this, but have you been maintaining, losing, or gaining weight? I find it hard to believe that squatting would ruin anyone's *kitten*. I know mine looks fab, n I've been squatting for a while now. :wink:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

That being said - it sounds like you've probably built up more muscle - glutes - that you'd like... heavy lifting does tend to build muscle, whereas lighter weights but higher reps may build a little muscle but mostly just tone, which is more like what it sounds like you want.

Good luck reaching your goals :-)

Erm, how do you 'tone' without building muscle exactly?
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The squat is a compound, full body exercise that trains primarily the muscles of the thighs, hips and buttocks, quads (vastus lateralus medialis and intermedius), hamstrings, as well as strengthening the bones, ligaments and insertion of the tendons throughout the lower body. It does not cause a round butt or a flat butt. Get a grip! Your problem has nothing to do with the squat.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Someone has probably already asked this, but have you been maintaining, losing, or gaining weight? I find it hard to believe that squatting would ruin anyone's *kitten*. I know mine looks fab, n I've been squatting for a while now. :wink:
    Maintaining.......
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    "Squats ruined my *kitten*"- Said No One Ever
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yep, even if you were lifting heavy and eating at a surplus, you wouldn't have gained much total muscle mass - maybe 3 lbs. So the rest of the weight you gained was from fat and water. Be happy you gained a bit of lean mass and start eating at a deficit to reduce the fat mass you gained while continuing the same exercise regimen.

Jaime Koeepe approves of nice, large bubble butts (she has a 40" donk)
    21bog77.gif

*kitten* out of proportion with boobs. Don't like it. I've changed my profile pic to reflect the goal i have in mind. Thanks.

Oh my goodness, have you any idea how ridiculous your goal is...you cannot guarantee what size your butt and boobs will be after weight loss and/or body recomposition.

You cannot have the same body as the girl in the picture because you don't have her body to start with.

We can't decide how big our butts and boobs will be, if only.

SMH
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I found a pic online of the *kitten* I used to have. lol. I want that *kitten* back. Me like :) It's in my pics on profile.

Do you have a pic from a similar perspective now? Maybe it would help people understand the issue more.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

Oh! That's not a bubble butt at all. It's just not flat. Yeah, no lifting heavy if you are looking to keep that kind of shape. The lift you get from really firm glutes does change that look, imho.
  • JJJJ25
    JJJJ25 Posts: 37
    Options
    Actually, I totally get this.

I trained for a powerlifting competition for one year, and won my weight class last June. In the course of training I put on muscle quickly and easily, even when not eating a huge surplus. My coach said I was a genetic exception, because he was measuring my progress monthly. I am shorter, 5'4", and 112 lbs. I went from rectangle to having hips, a butt, and an actual, discernible waist thanks to a broader back.

It's all relative. OP says she doesn't like what squats did for her behind, and I know what she means. I did not like feeling and looking "bigger," even though anyone else, coach included, thought it was an improvement from my previously stick-straight figure.

You have 2 choices:

1. Stop doing squats or lifting heavy altogether
    2. Shift your mindset about what's attractive

Personally, I tried to stop lifting. Stopped 2 months. Missed it too much. When I walked back into the gym I realized I was just going to buy new jeans and try to accept my body curvier.

But - that doesn't mean YOU have to. I would just encourage you to reexamine if a slightly rounder behind is reason enough to reduce or even give up something as healthy and beneficial as strength training.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    That photo does not represent what's considered a bubble butt.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My brain just exploded
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That photo is not bubble butt, that's shapeless butt. Like, baggy mom jeans butt.
  • VenharBaby
    Options

Do you have a pic from a similar perspective now? Maybe it would help people understand the issue more.

Okay, I actually took pics of myself and posted them to my profile. And OMG! It's not my *kitten* at all! IT's my belly!!!!!!!!! How can there be so much difference from what i see in the mirror than on camera! Yikes!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yep, even if you were lifting heavy and eating at a surplus, you wouldn't have gained much total muscle mass - maybe 3 lbs. So the rest of the weight you gained was from fat and water. Be happy you gained a bit of lean mass and start eating at a deficit to reduce the fat mass you gained while continuing the same exercise regimen.

21bog77.gif

*kitten* out of proportion with boobs. Don't like it. I've changed my profile pic to reflect the goal i have in mind. Thanks.

LOL!! Yeah, because being healthy and fit is sooo yucky! :laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

21bog77.gif

WTH is a 'donk'?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

21bog77.gif

WTH is a 'donk'?

*kitten*.