How to measure calories of Haagen Dazs ice cream?

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I think it's highly arrogant. Taking someone elses work, knocking it off and passing it as her own? That "meet your protein needs, then your fat." yada yada yada is from Lyle Mcdonald...

It's called plagiarism.

Where do I say 'meet your protein needs then your fat'?

Also, the concept of macros is not unique to Lyle...at all. If you think that you need to accuse a whole bunch of people in the nutrition field.
    That's not what i said...
    I am not going to say bad reading comprehension, which you have a tendency to say to people for the reasons listed previously.

How do you set up macros or calorie intake for someone?

Oh my lawdy....you clarified AFTER you posted your accusation.

Also, why don't you actually address my comment rather than casting accusations at me...for once.

Bolded implies you don't do that. So I am asking what do you do then? Since you imply you don't do that.

And I am asking you where you saw this. You were the one that made that assertion. Back up your claim rather than making false accusations like you have been the whole way through this thread.

1g of protein per lb of LBM as a minimum target

0.35g of fat per lb of total body weight as a minimum target

The balance can fall where you wish, taking into account performance, satiety and adherence.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

BTW that's bad science, most research on protein intake is based on total body weight, not LBM. So this method is highly flawed and filled with bad science.

The reason most research is based on total body weight is that it is an easier method of measurement. It does not make it intrinsically better science. One of the better equations for TDEE is based on LBM (despite the fact that most research on TDEE has been done on body weight) but I hope you aren't about to suggest that TDEE work on LBM is bad science.

How is LBM based protein macro setting "bad science" - please cite at least one scientific article that states this.
    This is going to be fun.

Especially considering that the point of eating an adequate amount of protein is to help preserve LBM.
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options
    She made many violations on forums topics when I have seen them. She has done it on this topic. Yet nothing happens to her. it's pretty sad actually. How the community is, filled with biases. I get it, she's a myfitnesspal.com favorite, I get that. The mods let her get away with stuff, that's very obvious.

If you have issue with her posts, report them.
    Yes, she's a local fav because she provides value, brings intelligence and frankly gives a lot of herself, what do you bring? So far, I'm not seeing much but foisted aggressiveness.

I brought more... I exposed the truth...

1)I already discussed how she is misleading people with her ice cream posts.
    2)Her macro calculations is bad science.
    3)How she's knocking off someone elses method (not exactly but for the most part).

You should be thanking me.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    WTF?! should be an ice cream flavor inspired by this thread. Measured in lilliputians, containing Cheshire Cat fat grams and curdled by sheer rage.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    She made many violations on forums topics when I have seen them. She has done it on this topic. Yet nothing happens to her. it's pretty sad actually. How the community is, filled with biases. I get it, she's a myfitnesspal.com favorite, I get that. The mods let her get away with stuff, that's very obvious.

Really I'd like to see those posts....

I am about to take one for the team and get my first warning...but will hold my tongue...

I got news for you buddy some adults here actually read more then the average and we do use words that maybe aren't commonly used....that doesn't make them arrogant it makes them well read and verse in many topics.

Just because it's not common language for you...try to get out more and dig your head out of whatever crap you are getting your info from....why track calories if you eat ice cream....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As for Sara she is a valuable member of this community and when you become half of what she is you will still only be a little man trust me on that...

Now I am off to have a bath, drink some wine and eat more ice cream cake cause I took Sara's advice...and AMG have lost significant weight and body fat...ie .8g of Protien per LBM...
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Truth???

You're hiding behind a sock puppet account to swing at someone from the dark. You have the nuts to claim that you care about truth? Integrity and ethics mean nothing to someone like you.

Yet here you are just screaming away about how bad someone else is. :laugh:
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options
    I think it's highly arrogant. Taking someone elses work, knocking it off and passing it as her own? That "meet your protein needs, then your fat." yada yada yada is from Lyle Mcdonald...

It's called plagiarism.

Also, the concept of macros is not unique to Lyle...at all. If you think that you need to accuse a whole bunch of people in the nutrition field.
    I am not going to say bad reading comprehension, which you have a tendency to say to people for the reasons listed previously.

Also, why don't you actually address my comment rather than casting accusations at me...for once.

Bolded implies you don't do that. So I am asking what do you do then? Since you imply you don't do that.

And I am asking you where you saw this. You were the one that made that assertion. Back up your claim rather than making false accusations like you have been the whole way through this thread.

The balance can fall where you wish, taking into account performance, satiety and adherence.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

BTW that's bad science, most research on protein intake is based on total body weight, not LBM. So this method is highly flawed and filled with bad science.

The reason most research is based on total body weight is that it is an easier method of measurement. It does not make it intrinsically better science. One of the better equations for TDEE is based on LBM (despite the fact that most research on TDEE has been done on body weight) but I hope you aren't about to suggest that TDEE work on LBM is bad science.

How is LBM based protein macro setting "bad science" - please cite at least one scientific article that states this.
    This is going to be fun.

You want me to cite one research paper that tells you what bad science is or isn't? That doesn't make sense.

The reason it's bad science because there is no evidence to support protein based on LBM.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yes, she's a local fav because she provides value, brings intelligence and frankly gives a lot of herself, what do you bring? So far, I'm not seeing much but foisted aggressiveness.

3)How she's knocking off someone elses method (not exactly but for the most part).

You just do not give up.

1) How am I misleading people with my ice cream posts. Someone said you cannot get lean earing it (blanket statement), I said you can. As you seem to be stalking me so much, you should have seem posts where I lay out the context.

2) as I said....get more up to date with your research and actually read the thread an put it in context

3) no, I am not. As I said, go accuse Aragon, the 3DMJ guys, and a bunch of other people. Using grams and not % is not a freaking copyrighted concept.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

It's called plagiarism.

This is going to be fun.

You want me to cite one research paper that tells you what bad science is or isn't? That doesn't make sense.

The reason it's bad science because there is no evidence to support protein based on LBM.

LMAO...coz wrong!!!!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    *whips out Vitriol Protection Shield*

Isn't protein intake based on LBM because (for one reason) basing it on current (over)weight isn't really productive. For example if I weighed 245 and wanted to get down to 179 (yes, i said it) there would be no point in eating grams of protein based on 245 pounds.

Am I understanding this correctly?

And, you know, I'm just going to say this out of sheer compulsion. A varied vocabulary is not a sign of arrogance. Deeming people arrogant based on vocabulary sure the **** is. I used a four letter word for general comprehension. Fornication for those not offended by diversity of language.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    LMAO...coz wrong!!!!

He's wrong, quite unhinged and clearly disturbed. He has been wrong about nearly every thing he's written in this thread as far as I can figure.

However what he IS doing right now is soaking your time so you can't help people. That's truly crappy.

That's before we get to the point where he doesn't have the self-respect to own up to his stupid game.
  • wheird
    Options

1. She is not misleading them. There is no factual reason why a person cannot eat ice cream as a part of their daily diet and lose weight.
    2. Saying it or typing it doesnt make it true.
    3. Just like nearly every name in the fitness industry. Pointing this out means absolutely nothing and you are just grasping at straws.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

It's called plagiarism.

This is going to be fun.

So it doesn't make sense to cite evidence in support of your claims or in opposition to Sara's, but it does make sense to base scientific assertions off of unsubstantiated declarations. Maybe read another hundred or so books (Some by British authors even!) and then come back and try again. :drinker:
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

Really I'd like to see those posts....

I am about to take one for the team and get my first warning...but will hold my tongue...

I got news for you buddy some adults here actually read more then the average and we do use words that maybe aren't commonly used....that doesn't make them arrogant it makes them well read and verse in many topics.

Just because it's not common language for you...try to get out more and dig your head out of whatever crap you are getting your info from....why track calories if you eat ice cream....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As for Sara she is a valuable member of this community and when you become half of what she is you will still only be a little man trust me on that...

Now I am off to have a bath, drink some wine and eat more ice cream cake cause I took Sara's advice...and AMG have lost significant weight and body fat...ie .8g of Protien per LBM...

You are misinformed. Due to the fact that I resist using a commodious vocuabulary. That does not infer that my reading is impaired. Frankly, I don't have self esteem issues, I am not trying to impress anyone.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Isn't protein intake based on LBM because basing it on current (over)weight isn't really productive. For example if I weighed 245 and wanted to get down to 179 (yes, i said it) there would be no point in eating grams of protein based on 245 pounds.

And, you know, I'm just going to say this out of sheer compulsion. A varied vocabulary is not a sign of arrogance. Deeming people arrogant based on vocabulary sure the **** is. I used a four letter word for general comprehension. Fornication for those not offended by diversity of language.

In my bad science, no nothing opinion, basically, yes, that is correct. Studies generally have not used LBM as the methods for measuring BF% are pretty inaccurate and the more accurate ones were generally cost prohibitive. Quoting g per LBM is a decent rule of thumb to use when giving generic advice that is not catered to the individuals circumstances. You have the same issue with fats as well (a point missed by a certain someone), which is why we note that the rules of thumb are not applicable for very lean or significantly overweight people.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    You are misinformed. Due to the fact that I resist using a commodious vocuabulary. That does not infer that my reading is impaired. Frankly, I don't have self esteem issues, I am not trying to impress anyone.

You misused the word infer.
    While thesaurus.com can give you synonyms, it can't fix everything.
    You think that because you are confused and bewildered, everyone else is as well.

No one else is; cogent thoughts hit you and you respond at a right angle. Again, it's a very distinctive trait.

Would you like to step up and demonstrate some integrity yet, or shall we go on?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    LMAO...coz wrong!!!!

He's wrong, quite unhinged and clearly disturbed. He has been wrong about nearly every thing he's written in this thread as far as I can figure.

However what he IS doing right now is soaking your time so you can't help people. That's truly crappy.

That's before we get to the point where he doesn't have the self-respect to own up to his stupid game.

You are right oh wise one.:tongue:

Also...I am actually supposed to be working :happy:
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    LMAO...coz wrong!!!!

You are right oh wise one.:tongue:

Also...I am actually supposed to be working :happy:

Right and if I see you back here again, I'm sending him your e-mail address.
  • wheird
    Options
    I came in here thinking that it would be fun. I am rather disappointed.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

Isn't protein intake based on LBM because basing it on current (over)weight isn't really productive. For example if I weighed 245 and wanted to get down to 179 (yes, i said it) there would be no point in eating grams of protein based on 245 pounds.

In my bad science, no nothing opinion, basically, yes, that is correct. Studies generally have not used LBM as the methods for measuring BF% are pretty inaccurate and the more accurate ones were generally cost prohibitive. Quoting g per LBM is a decent rule of thumb to use when giving generic advice that is not catered to the individuals circumstances. You have the same issue with fats as well (a point missed by a certain someone), which is why we note that the rules of thumb are not applicable for very lean or significantly overweight people.

Thanks!

Sorry you are currently a freak magnet. I'm pretty sure being railed against by the village idiot counts as cardio. Thereby allowing for more ice cream.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

It's called plagiarism.

This is going to be fun.

So I guess that's a "can't do it" - you gave no reference that states LBM based is incorrect of poorer quality calculation in terms of protein need calculation.

Here is some evidence to support protein based recommendation of LBMs.

A Systematic Review of Dietary Protein During Caloric Restriction in Resistance Trained Lean Athletes: A Case for Higher Intakes. Helms ER, Zinn C, Rowlands DS, Brown SR.

This system review focuses it's analysis on FFM and LBM recommendations.

Now feel free to post an article that states the this LBM method is incorrect or refuted.