How to measure calories of Haagen Dazs ice cream?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    1) I suggested your body was normal. Then you're the one who "insinuated" it was not. So it must be something great right?
    2) I didn't say you need to eat 1tbs to stay normal(see what you're insinuating again. Nice try). I am calling you out on the amount you eat. You "insuinuated" you you eat a lot of it, which you don't. You're on site where fat loss is focused. The people who are drawn to the site are people who are over weight. Saying, "I eat ice cream." doesn't bring an image of 1 serving size to someone's head.
    3) pointless
    4) Very relevent, How many calories does it have?, How much do you eat?, what is your TDEE?

A tangent on psychology. People who like to throw around words that aren't commonly used, such as "insinuated" , "abysmal" have a tendency to have low self esteem. They try to use words like these to appear intelligent, when in reality, the opposite effect happens. Well the smart people see the opposite effect. They know what the person is trying to do.

I would like to take issue with a few things. Since I have access to Sara's food diary, your item #2, you're "calling her out" on the amount of ice cream she eats. You have utterly no knowledge - true unblemished ignorance - on the subject, so when I state she eats a non-trivial amount of ice cream every day, it is an informed statement. I won't argue with your ignorance because you'll win that battle.

With respect to vocabulary, words such as insinuate and abysmal ARE commonly used. Perhaps not in your social circles or in your literature of choice, but certainly you shouldn't consider that sample as representative of the universe.

Cheers m8.
    It takes common sense to know she doesn't eat a half gallon or a full pint of ben and jerries aday. It's not ignorance, ti's common sense.

Please direct me to 5 resources that freely use those words. Out of the hundreds of books I read, some from british authors... I haven't came across them.

Lol at thinking you know more about how a British person speaks than a British person

And now it's common sense - and yet you took issue with me not spelling it out in my first post!!!
    Flawed again, I said nothing about how the british speak.

By implying that you know what vocabulary is normal you pretty much did. What was that about flawed?

Vocabulary online...

So, because my online vocabulary is like my actual vocabulary I have issues? Okey dokey then.
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

I'm sorry you're not having all the success you desire reaching your fat loss goals. I, on the other hand, am accomplishing my goals pretty well, sometimes even exceeding them. I'm unsure of how you think ice cream would hinder fat loss (As it's a food/energy source like any other. Carbs, some fat, a little protein.) And fits my macro and calorie needs just right at the end of the day.

Open your diary...

My diary is open to friends, which we aren't, so no. However you're in luck! I take screen shots of my diary (for reasons) and I don't mind sharing a few.

I did only have one serving of ice cream one of those days, but that slice of pizza kinda made it hard to fit in anything else. Darn my pizza loving ways.

Let me be clear, I am sure you can get in your ice cream and cookes in to your diary. I done it many times. Just the way people go around on this site talking about it, like they eat ice cream freely (ad lib. not trying to impress people with word) is not correct and misleading. It's insinuating <3 things that are not true.

The reason I wanted to see was the serving size to make my point. That's all. I don't care if you're over or under your calories. But since the bottom is chopped off... I'd suspect you're over... but as i said, I don't care.

Nope, my diary is just long enough that it doesn't all fit without changing the font on my computer. You don't have to believe me though, this thread is littered with people who know my diary and would vouch for me. /shrug

But please, keep on not caring. I'll keep enjoying my cup of ice cream and cookies.

Go enjoy about 1/3 of your calories.

Problem? I consume well over 120 (usually closer to 140) grams of protein, hit about 60 grams of fat, hit my micros as best as I can keep track of, and once all that is done I'm free to enjoy what I like.

I don't believe in extra nutrient bonus points.

BTW: that's low fat ice cream... I wouldn't even conside that ice cream. Are the cookies weighed??

I'm out of gelato. :( I have to go all the way to the commisarry for the flavor I like; it's rough to get the things I like out here in bumfuq Hawaii. You clearly don't know my pain.

The cookies are break apart and are perfectly uniform, within a gram or two. I've weighed them in the past but don't any longer. Because uniform within a gram or two.

Wow... I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and lets say they weigh 2 grams When you bake them they will lose some water mass. This means they weigh less than 2g each. You ate 6 of them if i recall... If this is correct that would be 250 calories in in under 12 grams?

Am i missing something? If I am not, I'd just eat the ice cream. They sound like a caloric hell if I am not mistaken.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    circular-reasoning-works-because.jpg
    circular-reasoning-works-because.jpg

/thread

Oop - sorry.

Requoting in the hope!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you're not having all the success you desire reaching your fat loss goals. I, on the other hand, am accomplishing my goals pretty well, sometimes even exceeding them. I'm unsure of how you think ice cream would hinder fat loss (As it's a food/energy source like any other. Carbs, some fat, a little protein.) And fits my macro and calorie needs just right at the end of the day.

Open your diary...

My diary is open to friends, which we aren't, so no. However you're in luck! I take screen shots of my diary (for reasons) and I don't mind sharing a few.

I did only have one serving of ice cream one of those days, but that slice of pizza kinda made it hard to fit in anything else. Darn my pizza loving ways.

Let me be clear, I am sure you can get in your ice cream and cookes in to your diary. I done it many times. Just the way people go around on this site talking about it, like they eat ice cream freely (ad lib. not trying to impress people with word) is not correct and misleading. It's insinuating <3 things that are not true.

The reason I wanted to see was the serving size to make my point. That's all. I don't care if you're over or under your calories. But since the bottom is chopped off... I'd suspect you're over... but as i said, I don't care.

Nope, my diary is just long enough that it doesn't all fit without changing the font on my computer. You don't have to believe me though, this thread is littered with people who know my diary and would vouch for me. /shrug

But please, keep on not caring. I'll keep enjoying my cup of ice cream and cookies.

Problem? I consume well over 120 (usually closer to 140) grams of protein, hit about 60 grams of fat, hit my micros as best as I can keep track of, and once all that is done I'm free to enjoy what I like.

BTW: that's low fat ice cream... I wouldn't even conside that ice cream. Are the cookies weighed??

I'm out of gelato. :( I have to go all the way to the commisarry for the flavor I like; it's rough to get the things I like out here in bumfuq Hawaii. You clearly don't know my pain.

The cookies are break apart and are perfectly uniform, within a gram or two. I've weighed them in the past but don't any longer. Because uniform within a gram or two.

Wow... I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and lets say they weigh 2 grams When you bake them they will lose some water mass. This means they weigh less than 2g each. You ate 6 of them if i recall... If this is correct that would be 250 calories in in under 12 grams?

Am i missing something? If I am not, I'd just eat the ice cream. They sound like a caloric hell if I am not mistaken.

You...are bad at reading comprehension.

The cookies are uniform (as in they are the same) within a gram or two. This doesn't mean they weigh a gram or two, it means that their weight within relation to each other is the same with a gram or two of variation.
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

Open your diary...

The cookies are uniform (as in they are the same) within a gram or two. This doesn't mean they weigh a gram or two, it means that their weight within relation to each other is the same with a gram or two of variation.

Proper term is standard deviation.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Guys.

No one with this caliber of intellect is capable of using a computer.

Let's let this one go.
  • Achrya
    Options

Open your diary...

Oh. That's why you failed to comprehend what I said?
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

Open your diary...

Oh. That's why you failed to comprehend what I said?

So sorry I misread one of your sentences.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Srs. The term for variance is not "standard deviation". A "standard deviation" in a data set is found by taking the root of the average of the squared differences of the values from their average value.

One or two grams difference is not a "standard deviation". It is just variance; certainly not standard in any way, shape or form.

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

:indifferent:
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options
  • Achrya
    Options
    Guys.

No one with this caliber of intellect is capable of using a computer.

Let's let this one go.

Yes Daddy. :wink:

/Takes ball and goes home
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options
    Srs. The term for variance is not "standard deviation". A "standard deviation" in a data set is found by taking the root of the average of the squared differences of the values from their average value.

One or two grams difference is not a "standard deviation". It is just variance; certainly not standard in any way, shape or form.

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

The coeffienct of variance means NOTHING with out the means. BOTH need to be reported to have any meaning.

ETA: I said that wrong. The Means and the standard deviation have to be reported to have any meaning.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

The coeffienct of variance means NOTHING with out the means. BOTH need to be reported to have any meaning.

What does that have to do with the fact that you tried to correct someone, rather pompously (and yes, I use that word IRL), and incorrectly?
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

What does that have to do with the fact that you tried to correct someone, rather pompously (and yes, I use that word IRL), and incorrectly?

Your external world is a reflection of your internal world.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Yes...the fact that I am English and was brought up with a certain vocabulary. Go you for figuring that out finally...
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Yes...the fact that I am English and was brought up with a certain vocabulary. Go you for figuring that out finally...
    No, you're pretty pompous, so don't wonder why people show that behavior towards you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

No, you're pretty pompous, so don't wonder why people show that behavior towards you.

Oh, the irony.
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.
    ditto, Read your own profile... As I said i have came across these forums before, I see how you treat people. You're the defenition of unjstified arrogance.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.
    ditto, Read your own profile... As I said i have came across these forums before, I see how you treat people. You're the defenition of unjstified arrogance.

lol :flowerforyou: