How to measure calories of Haagen Dazs ice cream?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm just disappointed when I see people eat pizza, ice cream and things like that when they're trying to lose weight. Sure once a week won't kill you, but it does set you back if you had chose say a banana or salad instead. I think if you're going for a change in your life from unhealthy diet you should distance ur self from those kind of foods and learn to find healthier choices since diet is soooo critical to weight loss. This has obviously deviated from the original post a bit..different view points/experiences I suppose.

I eat ice cream every day. My diet is not unhealthy and I don't exactly have a problem stating lean. Your comments cone from a perspective that is actually unhealthy IMO.

How much do you eat of it, like a tbs?

Does ice cream come in tablespoons? My stomach says "no"

So you eat atleast a pint daily daily? I don't see that happening. I have read these forums in the past and people try to brag, how they eat ice cream daily. Yet they don't even eat that much, nothing to brag about.

That's like me saying, "I eat arsenic daily and I am still alive." Arsenic is found in vegetables.

Goes from a tbsp to a pint in one fell swoop...great logic there and totally makes sense.

Strong second post...nearly as good as your first.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm just disappointed when I see people eat pizza, ice cream and things like that when they're trying to lose weight. Sure once a week won't kill you, but it does set you back if you had chose say a banana or salad instead. I think if you're going for a change in your life from unhealthy diet you should distance ur self from those kind of foods and learn to find healthier choices since diet is soooo critical to weight loss. This has obviously deviated from the original post a bit..different view points/experiences I suppose.

I eat ice cream every day. My diet is not unhealthy and I don't exactly have a problem stating lean. Your comments cone from a perspective that is actually unhealthy IMO.

So you eat atleast a pint daily daily? I don't see that happening. I have read these forums in the past and people try to brag, how they eat ice cream daily. Yet they don't even eat that much, nothing to brag about.

That's like me saying, "I eat arsenic daily and I am still alive." Arsenic is found in vegetables.

Does it have to be a pint to be worth bragging, or will a cup+five cookies a night satisfy? I could have a pint, but I like to have baked goods with my cookies.

Because I had a cup last night. and the night before. And the night before.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Goes from a tbsp to a pint in one fell swoop...great logic there and totally makes sense.

What type of ice cream do you eat "EVERYDAY"?

It depends on the day.

BnJ, HD, Edy's, Three Twins, Jeni's, Steve's, Talenti....why? How is that relevant and what is your issue?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think I've had at least a cup (and usually much more) of ice cream...Breyer's...almost every day from 10/22ish until just last week (when I started subbing chocolate milk instead)...

...not that anyone asked me.

*shrug*
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

who ****ing cares? did you look at her body...yea

Yeah... her's looks normal.

Ahh...that was what you were angling for, I thought so...sorry petal...not taking the bait...but muuuuuahhhhh <33333

Your logic in this thread is still abysmal though.

ETA: oooo -- sneaky edit there. Worried you were going to get your wrist slapped for insulting me?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Options

Does it have to be a pint to be worth bragging, or will a cup+five cookies a night satisfy? I could have a pint, but I like to have baked goods with my cookies.

Because I had a cup last night. and the night before. And the night before.

You can eat all the ice cream you want. I can sit here saying, I eat a 1/2 gallon everyday. That doesn't mean I am reaching my fat loss goals.

I'm sorry you're not having all the success you desire reaching your fat loss goals. I, on the other hand, am accomplishing my goals pretty well, sometimes even exceeding them. I'm unsure of how you think ice cream would hinder fat loss (As it's a food/energy source like any other. Carbs, some fat, a little protein.) And fits my macro and calorie needs just right at the end of the day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Ahh...that was what you were angling for, I thought so...sorry petal...not taking the bait...but muuuuuahhhhh <33333

I didn't realize you had the greatest female body in existance. Thanks for letting me know

Oh Em Gee....how do you get through the day in one piece with that logic and reasoning?
  • Achrya
    Options

I didn't realize you had the greatest female body in existance. Thanks for letting me know

Such logic. Much leaps. Wow.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    peeking....i gotta bail on this thread. there's no ice cream in the house and i'm getting the sadz.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Oh Em Gee....how do you get through the day in one piece with that logic and reasoning?

What is the flaw I my logic and reasoning?

1) that I even insinuated that I had the greatest female body in existence
    2) that I need to eat a tbsp of ice cream only to stay lean
    3) that I was bragging and that I can only do that in any event if I eat at least a pint a day
    4) that the type of ice cream is even relevant to the topic at hand

...for a start.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

mmmmmmTHIS, zachbonner,
    THIS
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Ok....gonna stop feeding the troll.

Things to do, people to see, ice cream to eat.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

nice comeback.

not.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it's physically painful to be that insecure and upset.
  • Achrya
    Options

I'm sorry you're not having all the success you desire reaching your fat loss goals. I, on the other hand, am accomplishing my goals pretty well, sometimes even exceeding them. I'm unsure of how you think ice cream would hinder fat loss (As it's a food/energy source like any other. Carbs, some fat, a little protein.) And fits my macro and calorie needs just right at the end of the day.

Open your diary...

My diary is open to friends, which we aren't, so no. However you're in luck! I take screen shots of my diary (for reasons) and I don't mind sharing a few.

vnGpvP6.png?1

Eo5o6h1.png?1

W3tUKxM.png?1

I did only have one serving of ice cream one of those days, but that slice of pizza kinda made it hard to fit in anything else. Darn my pizza loving ways.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ^^ lmao

I insinuated nothing about my body - I said I was lean..that is all. You are also forgetting that my response was to your comment about my body that also included a comment that you sneakily edited.

I also insinuated nothing about the amount I eat... At all.

Re the vocabulary - ever stop to think that I talk like that because that is the way I was brought up - and I am English. Not exactly uncommon there so stop with the pop psychology poppet.

ETA re #4 - read the posts - my original comment was in response to a blanket statement.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    1) I suggested your body was normal. Then you're the one who "insinuated" it was not. So it must be something great right?
    2) I didn't say you need to eat 1tbs to stay normal(see what you're insinuating again. Nice try). I am calling you out on the amount you eat. You "insuinuated" you you eat a lot of it, which you don't. You're on site where fat loss is focused. The people who are drawn to the site are people who are over weight. Saying, "I eat ice cream." doesn't bring an image of 1 serving size to someone's head.
    3) pointless
    4) Very relevent, How many calories does it have?, How much do you eat?, what is your TDEE?

A tangent on psychology. People who like to throw around words that aren't commonly used, such as "insinuated" , "abysmal" have a tendency to have low self esteem. They try to use words like these to appear intelligent, when in reality, the opposite effect happens. Well the smart people see the opposite effect. They know what the person is trying to do.

I would like to take issue with a few things. Since I have access to Sara's food diary, your item #2, you're "calling her out" on the amount of ice cream she eats. You have utterly no knowledge - true unblemished ignorance - on the subject, so when I state she eats a non-trivial amount of ice cream every day, it is an informed statement. I won't argue with your ignorance because you'll win that battle.

With respect to vocabulary, words such as insinuate and abysmal ARE commonly used. Perhaps not in your social circles or in your literature of choice, but certainly you shouldn't consider that sample as representative of the universe.

Cheers m8.