How to measure calories of Haagen Dazs ice cream?

Options
Wingg_
Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
I want to eat the Haagen Dazs green tea ice cream, then I realised that the nutrition fact given is in ml... How am I suppose to count the calories that way? Should I use total use the total weight in gram of ice cream (stated on the container) and divide it by total ml?? Omg. Why can't they give the serving size in gram?! Please help!!!

But I've read in some articles which says that per serving of Haagen Dazs green tea ice cream is 102 gram 250cal, can I trust that and weight 102g of my ice cream?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Weigh it in grams.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You are going to eat the whole container, right? And you know how many calories in the whole container, right?

Just divide the total calories by the number of days it takes to eat the container, it'll be more than close enough.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    All the other flavors list 106g as their serving size. I would go with that, and create my own food to reflect the green tea flavor.
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    depending on the flavor, there are 300 calories in 1/2 cup. Chocolate Chocolate Chip has the 300.....
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    It's a 1:1 conversion. 1ml = 1 gr.

102 grams would be 102 ml.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just eat the entire package and log what's on the back of the container
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It's a 1:1 conversion. 1ml = 1 gr.

102 grams would be 102 ml.

The conversion works for water and most fluids but not for ice cream. They whip air into it so often 50g are about 100ml.

I would thing 250cals in 100g is about right.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    Okay I shall weight 100g of the ice cream and take it as 250cal thanks for helping out!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Does the nutritional info say how many serves per container? Can you work out the weight of each "serve" that way?
  • Wingg_
    Options
    Does the nutritional info say how many serves per container? Can you work out the weight of each "serve" that way?

It says 100ml is 250cal it's not in gram that's why I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do ...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

It says 100ml is 250cal it's not in gram that's why I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do ...

The website says 1/2 cup is 250cals. If the container states it's 1L, that'd be 8 serves, or 10 if a serve is 100ml. You could weigh the icecream and divide by the number of serves
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    This is why you can never eat Haagen Dazs . . .
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I just eat the whole container. problem solved.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    just eat the whole pint
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Ice cream in Canada is always labeled in mLs. It's a pain in the *kitten*. I weigh the whole tub, and I know how much the tub itself weighs, so subtract that amount, then figure out the cals etc. /100g (you figure out the total cals from the info provided and then do the math). It's annoying but if you create a My Foods for it, you only have to do it once per flavor.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Ice cream in Canada is always labeled in mLs. It's a pain in the *kitten*. I weigh the whole tub, and I know how much the tub itself weighs, so subtract that amount, then figure out the cals etc. /100g (you figure out the total cals from the info provided and then do the math). It's annoying but if you create a My Foods for it, you only have to do it once per flavor.

Do they come in standard size tubs? In the US they are always a pint and have 4 servings per tub.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

Is the net weight listed on the tub so you could figure out the serving size by weight from the number of servings?
  • cmeiron
    Options

Do they come in standard size tubs? In the US they are always a pint and have 4 servings per tub.

Not sure about Hagan Daas, but most brands come in plastic tubs or boxes; 2L of ice cream. Standard plastic tub is 75g, box is close. A serving is usually 125 mL, so 16 servings. A little pint like that I'd just eyeball my 4 servings, but bigger tub is harder, plus I have to share mine ;) Easier if I can just log a g-based serving of whatever size I want :)
  • cmeiron
    Options

Is the net weight listed on the tub so you could figure out the serving size by weight from the number of servings?
    Yeah I could do it that way....actually that's much simpler now that I think about it. Only math needed would be to figure out what % of a serving was consumed if you go over/below the listed serving size :)