You know you've been doing this a long time when . . .

Options

Replies

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When you get excited about raw green beans as your snack.
    When you deliberately look for a vegetable or fruit you've never tried before because you're willing to experiment.
    When you turn down ice cream and reach for frozen pudding instead!
    ETA...When you don't eat it because you don't have the info to log it :D
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    When you have salad for dessert. Yes, I did this last night.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When you decide to have an "I don't care how many calories I eat" day and then unconsciously pull out your food scale anyway when preparing a meal.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    MB_Positif wrote: »
    When you can say, "I think I ate 1900 calories today" then log your food and it comes to 1932.

WE HAVE A WINNAH

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When you find yourself not dreading situations that involve eating where you have less than 100% control, like birthdays, restaurants, holidays, at friends'.

When any store has everything in your size, clothes your size are cute, and often on sale.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When you think of food in terms of how many miles you'd have to run to make up for it!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    When the newbs make you roll your eyes.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    tnsumner wrote: »
    A romantic date is when your boyfriend cooks for you and leaves all the UPCs or food labels out for you to scan/log,

my husband does this too :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When you have two food scales at home and replace the batteries as soon as one dies.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    when your housemates/ friends ask for advice on how to strengthen various problem areas and if you don't know, you know where to find out.
    you end up having discussions about nutrition/exercise with people on nights out.
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When logging on your phone, everything comes up without having to type it out completely because you've been logging and eating pretty much the same things for years :)

YES! Hahhaa.

• parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    blgmw2 wrote: »
    1. When someone asks: Have you logged that?
    2. When you eat based on macros.
    3. Logging something to see if you should eat it
    4. Not letting anyone eat one of your 30 chips. Lol!

I agree with #3!!!
  • TerryKes
    TerryKes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Okay, I relate to so SO many of these, but there's a word that everyone's using that I don't understand. (I've been doing this since October). What are you referring to when you say macros?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    TerryKes wrote: »
    Okay, I relate to so SO many of these, but there's a word that everyone's using that I don't understand. (I've been doing this since October). What are you referring to when you say macros?

It's the abbreviated version of macro nutrients. That means hitting your protein/carb/ fat etc levels as per mfp or your own custom set ones ☺
  • sartezalb
    sartezalb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Being able to eyeball the number of calories in food.

This has been mentioned several times, but is just so useful a skill that I don't think it can be praised enough. Being able to learn to do this is a huge debt I owe to this site.
  • SuperFitastic
    SuperFitastic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When you no longer see the food, you see #s of protein, carbs, and fat
  • lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When you have an urge for unhealthy snack, but then realise that you could have a lot more of a healthy snack for the same calories.
    I've loved reading through all all your posts!
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You decide not to eat a food because you don't know what it's name is...
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    When your in line at Medicare and you say to the guy behind you

"the government must be trying to cut calories as they are merging Medicare with centre link now".

I shouldve said cutting costs not cutting calorieslmfao!!!!! It was soooooo funny!!!!!!! :smiley: