Options
    Definitely both.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    #1 Fitness
    #2 Looks
    #3 Overall health/Feeling Good

In that order BUT they do tend to come all together anyway when I'm working out and eating healthy. :happy:

21525558.png
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Both I want to be as fit as I can and look good.
  • xscat
    xscat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Looks. Honestly I was already fit when I started; but I still want to lose another 10 lbs or so to be sexy...

I'm 5'4" and my frame is very small; putting on 2 lbs means I lose my collar bones... I'd love to have the "small but strong" look. For that I have to work extra hard :)
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    Fitness, I study martial arts so I need to be fit.

I never had any weight issues in my life, so I've always looked how I want to. The looks part doesn't concern me. But it's a good bonus, especially when I get older.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well, the good thing about fitness is that there are always many reasons to motivate you. If you start losing interest (temporarily) with the fitness aspect, then looks can keep you motivated. If you feel like focusing on looks is negative for you, then focus on fitness. You just keep going and each day you are motivated by what motivates you that day. And some days it's just fun and neither of those reasons motivate you. We are multifaceted.
  • ohiowhthse
    Options
    I'd have to say both! I was tired all the time, and my sugar levels/health was a mess. Turning 40 was a milestone where I decided I wanted to be around to enjoy another 40 years of my life with all of my limbs and mobility! I'm here to get into shape, and remove myself from what "norm" considers obese status. I can say that I love picking out my clothes from a normal rack vs. having to go to the plus sizes! I'm getting there, my real challenge is going to be staying here!
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would think they go hand in hand.
  • anson808
    anson808 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I understand your question. In my case, I feel that looking good and being fit for my sports are separate goals. I'm 6'2" and I currently weigh about 175lbs. I play volleyball, and I think this weight is pretty good for moving and jumping with my smaller bone structure.

To look good, I feel like I could gain another 10-20 lbs of muscle and "look" better, but I'll definitely feel slower with the extra mass on me. I've weighed as much as 210 lbs at one point (working out heavy, eating a lot, etc) and I don't think my body responds well to the extra mass.

I've decided that it's more important for me to play better and harder than it is for me to look good. I'm going to try going up to 180-185lbs and see if I can still maintain or increase my vertical leap. I'd really like to be able to dunk again.