Looking for Friends doing the BIG THREE!

Options

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Came in expecting an awesome lifting thread......

robryansad.gif?w=440&h=248
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    BarbaraCarr, reveal thyself

The last thread she started I was also convinced this is Barbara Carr.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what IIFYM really means, and I don't particularly care. I do cardio, I lift, and I eat. I'm 5'11", weigh 163 and would like to lose another 8-10 lbs by summer. But, I if I just get more muscular and keep some of those 8-10 lbs I'm okay with that too. I eat pretty healthy, but I generally eat what I want when I want it, because I work hard.

I am a very supportive friend on here, but I really can't stand the MFP drama. I don't see anything wrong w/ your original post, but if you truly meant it mean/snarky (which is what everyone else who has posted seems to think), then we probably won't get along well. If you really want more supportive friends with the same goals as you, and if I fit that bill, send me a FR. Best of luck to you either way!
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    1) Eating at a healthy deficit (No IIFYM bull)

Found this in your food log from yesterday..."Subway - 6" Black Forest Ham Sub on Toasted Parmesean Oregano Bread With American Cheese, Light Mayo, Veggies, 6 " sub"
    Also, some pre-packaged chicken wing sauce, and gummy worms.

So, you eat deli meat (processed with lots of sodium)? american cheese (highly processed, hardly counts as cheese)? candy (sugar and more sugar)? But you think IIFYM is bull? I think you don't know what IIFYM means.

I don't think there's anything wrong with those foods, but, that pretty much defines what people mean when they say IIFYM. (Contrary to popular misconceptions, IIFYM is not all about pop tarts, pizza, and ice cream. Though there's nothing wrong with those things either, in the right portions)

^^ BOOM
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    BarbaraCarr, reveal thyself

You win the internet today, sir.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Im looking for friends whose goal is to lose weight by doing the following three things:

2) Doing cardio 3-4 times week
    3) Lifting light and/or heavy

Im looking to lose 10-15lbs this way and giving myself until May 2014 to accomplish it. I am not a quitter and I like people to push me and in return I will push them too. Please add me as a friend if you think we will get along. Thanks

The BIG THREE means something completely different to most folks around here.

Not discussing actual lifting in here.

I'm out.
    right? that's what I thought this would be about.
    SRSLY! Also, "IIFYM bull"?! :huh: I get 40% of my calories from protein. Let me tell you what I eat only *very* rarely: pizza, chocolate, ice cream. I think I ate pop tarts once last year.

I'm out.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Well, those aren't my big 3, but I think you have a sensible plan in place. However, IIFYM is also very sensible and is what has allowed me to lose close to 50 lbs and maintain that loss as well. It is the only thing I have ever done that does not feel like a diet. I eat what I want (at a deficit and still very nutritious) and lose.

I do lift 2-3 times a week and do cardio 2-3 times a week; if 2 out of 3 is enough, go ahead and send a FR my way. :flowerforyou:
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    please explain why IIFYM is bull? :huh:

If you do IIFYM you still have eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight, I think you may have misunderstood IIFYM.

Just my opinion. IIFYM is probably great for some. I personally don't like it. Im not into fitting poptarts, icecream, candy, Mcdonalds into my diet. Unless it's a cheat day, then i will allow it and it won't bother me if i go other calorie goal for that day i ate that.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

If you do IIFYM you still have eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight, I think you may have misunderstood IIFYM.

Just my opinion. IIFYM is probably great for some. I personally don't like it. Im not into fitting poptarts, icecream, candy, Mcdonalds into my diet. Unless it's a cheat day, then i will allow it and it won't bother me if i go other calorie goal for that day i ate that.

So instead of practicing moderation over a long period of time, you binge one day a week?

Cool.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Seems legit
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh lawdy....read the link I put up as you still have no comprehension of what IIFYM is.

Do you at least try to hit your macronutrient targets or ignore them an focus on calories?
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Found this in your food log from yesterday..."Subway - 6" Black Forest Ham Sub on Toasted Parmesean Oregano Bread With American Cheese, Light Mayo, Veggies, 6 " sub"

So, you eat deli meat (processed with lots of sodium)? american cheese (highly processed, hardly counts as cheese)? candy (sugar and more sugar)? But you think IIFYM is bull? I think you don't know what IIFYM means.

I don't think there's anything wrong with those foods, but, that pretty much defines what people mean when they say IIFYM. (Contrary to popular misconceptions, IIFYM is not all about pop tarts, pizza, and ice cream. Though there's nothing wrong with those things either, in the right portions)

Yep your right! But that day was an "off day" for me so i ate those things. Im having another off day on Dec 31 and then another one on Jan 5th. Then im done with whatever foods. I will have a bunch of off foods while im losing this weight. Once the weight is gone, I may stay without whatever foods OR I might try IIFYM for maintaining. Never know - gotta lose the weight first.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Oh lawdy....read the link I put up as you still have no comprehension of what IIFYM is.

I was going to quote you, but you beat me to it. :happy:

OP: I just would like to ask why you feel the need to alienate some really wonderful and supportive people on here because they follow a different way of eating than you?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Yep your right! But that day was an "off day" for me so i ate those things. Im having another off day on Dec 31 and then another one on Jan 5th. Then im done with whatever foods. I will have a bunch of off foods while im losing this weight. Once the weight is gone, I may stay without whatever foods OR I might try IIFYM for maintaining. Never know - gotta lose the weight first.

Do you know why people give up weight loss plans? They choose a overly restrictive paths.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I was going to quote you, but you beat me to it. :happy:

OP: I just would like to ask why you feel the need to alienate some really wonderful and supportive people on here because they follow a different way of eating than you?

my thoughts exactly - thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

What about drinking? Are you going to allow room for that a few times a year?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    No one wants to be my friend :(
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Came in looking for tales of people scouring South Beach looking to hook up with Miami Heat Basketball players...Leaving dissapointed...

ETA: But they are all taken so stop tempting them...I need a Thrheat peat
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

You should consider reading the previous link as it is clear that you have some misconceptions about flexible dieting. It's not likely to be what you think it is.
  • Matt24442
    Options
    The real big three is Chrysler, General Motors, and Ford. I too base my friends around these cause I if you drive foreign, chances are we won't get along.