P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    On day 45 right now, so those changes occurred in the 3 weeks of phase 2. I can still accommodate any progress with the current weights I have. Only thing I might buy would be additional bands or a pull-up bar.
    In your case, I wouldn't purchase a barbell just for those few focused squats and the chest press.

[/quote]
    Where are you at the program right now? How fast you needed to go up in weights?Do you think you are going to buy new weights or just bands? I only did the eccentric upper/lower and incinerator once, so I have 6 lifting weeks to go(8 weeks to finish the program). I do not really want to go and spend the money on buying large dumbbells, because they have limited use and not cheap: a single 30 lb dumbbell is $40, a 35 lb is $45 a 40 lb is $50 , yikes. As a women I probably won't use that size for triceps/biceps ever. I only need that big one for squats/chest , but I do not see the point to buy dumbbells for squats and chest ( barbells and plates yes, but not dumbbells). Now , I am thinking the $40 gym membership across the street doesn't even sounds that expensive anymore.
    I wonder if sounds stupid to finish the last month of P90x3 in a gym?
    [/quote]
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i follow the cals as well but not the plan. too hard in my house to do something so very different from everyone else... so i just do my best!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Checking in Day 37 Lower Eccentric: SInce I'm doing Mass, I'm falling into a grove with this workout. The first couple
    time through, I really felt it in my butt and thighs....but the human body adjusts....always amazes me. So much variety
    in 30 minutes :).

Day 38 Yoga X: This 30 minutes goes by so friggin fast. I don't even notice the clock. I dig this workout...I wont be doing Ted's
    crazy chair anytime soon....just regular chair.

Day 39 Upper Eccentric: This disc is a beast. Plain and simple. I'm really to the point were I am concentrating on form and the
    negative parts of the reps. "Mo Strength=Mo Better".

I've been through the same thing as far as dumbells go. Bought 15s then 20s then 25s($cha-ching$). Finally I bought a cheap
    set of adjustables that go up to 54lbs counting the bars. Yes it's a pain to pause the video and change weights..but you get used to it.
    A question is do you plan on mothballing your weights after P90x3 ? For me...I'm going to use them for years to come I hope.
    That makes them a way better investment than the gym....atleast for me. Take care.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Just started Block 2, between Eccentric Upper 2 days ago and Triometrics yesterday pretty much my whole body is sore today. I'm thankful it's just yoga today.
  • lin7604
    Options
    just finished block 1 of lean phase and i had NO results.... so i am goign to re start the program and do classic :(
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    BLOCK ONE COMPLETE! Down 6.5 inches and 3 pounds. I loved all the workouts during block one and I am excited to start block two. For anyone who is onto block two, which block do you prefer?

I liked block 1 better personally. I was a big fan of Agility X and the Warrior so I missed those workouts a lot.
  • emilym173
    emilym173 Posts: 11
    Options
    I like both blocks. I think block 1 got me moving a bit more and overall was more fun. It seemed very cardio based. I kind of miss the agility and warrior workout (although I HATED cvx.)

I just finished my first week of block 2. The eccentric upper and lower and the incinerator kind of remind me of p90x. It's a bit slower paced, but it focuses a lot more on strength! And throwing triometrics in the mix makes for an extremely muscle punishing week! I'm so sore. Definitely not as fun as block 1, but I'm still excited for 2 more weeks of it.

I can see the method to their madness. I dropped a few pounds and inches during the cardio heavy block 1. I think block 2 will bring about more muscle toning.

And as a side note, I really dislike Ted and his stupid chair.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I did eccentric lower today, but I missed the past 3 days, and skipped the triometrics and the yoga. I had a stomach flu started at the middle of my triometrics workout 3 days ago, so I didn't't finished the workout. The day after I didn't eat anything and skipped yoga. Yesterday things were better a bit, but were still weak to workout.
    Today finally I had lunch and dinner without either of them coming back, so I was finally strong enough to workout. I wasn't really sure where should I pick up, so did the eccentric lower, because I didn't want to miss strength training days, but also didn't want to restart the week.

I personally prefer block 2 by far. Yes , I agree that the cardio was away more fun in block 1 and I miss them. But the strength training makes up for it. I finally getting sore, and it is a good feeling .

I do not think I will restart p90x3, but I can see myself putting together my own routine with block 2 strength training with block 1 cardio .
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Day 50 - transition week - Isometrics.

Following a weekend of carnival madness (, I was really glad today was the start of transition week. Got Isometrics done, even though I don't think I'll ever be able to do the bound dag without tumbling over....
  • Bobs123456
    Options
    Started block 2 today. Down 10 pounds. I also do bikram yoga 5 nights a week. The stretches and range of motion have really helped my hamstrings and is a good compliment to bikrams. I have done bikram for over 1.5 years and hit a wall. Been a good combination since my low back gets really tight.

Been doing all 7 days. Dynamic is not as intense and the range of motion exercises are good for me.

His calorie numbers on the meal plan are too high for me. I just got down to 199. I do between 2000 - 2300 calories a day. I have a sedentary job. Id bet that most people who are dieting while doing this have sedentary lifestyles other than the exercise. If you want to lose weight effectively, lower the calories some.

How many people do cold start? Anyone do the original p90x. Trying to figure what they did to get this down to 30 minutes. I would guess that pulling the warmup out to a separate video was one thing.
  • cobalt719
    cobalt719 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Started block 3 today... Seems block three covers pretty much every DVD.
    I gained 1 lb during block 2, i'm hoping its some water weight from the strength heavy workouts in block 2. But I did lose a net 0.75 inches in block 2.
  • Bobs123456
    Options
    Doesnt look like decelerator is even in the classic or did i miss simething?
  • mitchellbecker94
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of x3, and I love it so far!
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    Has anybody placed the calories per workout in the MFP system yet? Feel free since I'll need it :)

Not sure how accurate this is, but my heart rate monitor indicated I burned the following:

Total Synergistics - 436
    Agility X - 602
    The Challenge - 390
    CVX - 520
    Warrior - 475

Hope this helps.

Completed the Warrior this afternoon. The workout incorporates a lot of cardio mixed with pushups and core work. I always love pushups, so that was a bonus for me, even if I am still a little sore from the Challenge workout. The cardio portion involved a lot of leg work, which I had to ease into since my hamstrings are still a little sore from Agility X. I don’t know why this is so, but my hamstrings take forEVER to heal! Maybe I need to use the foam roller more often or immediately after a leg workout. Either way, my hamstrings are my slowest muscles to heal.

Mike

Hi Mike. Have you ever tried Insanity?

If anyone is familiar with the P90x programs from some of the previews that I saw of P90x3, much of the routine remind me a lot of the P90x + PLUS package that was put out. For those not familiar, they are a more controlled (less intense version of Insanity - In My Opinion).

I know P90x 3 incorporates a lot more compound movements which have your entire body pretty much engaged throughout the entire workout. But what I was wondering is what the impact levels are? Meaning Insanity has a lot of exersices where the intensity and impact impact really kill the joints if you arent careful, fatigue gets the best of you or have bad form. Just curious. Thanks.
  • cobalt719
    cobalt719 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

You don't do it until block three that I recall.
  • fourfiftythree
    Options
    How many people do cold start? Anyone do the original p90x. Trying to figure what they did to get this down to 30 minutes. I would guess that pulling the warmup out to a separate video was one thing.

I do cold start every workout except the stretching dvds like Yoga, etc. I also tend to cool down a little longer, so the workouts are pushing an hour for me - so not much of a time saver from P90X for me.
  • fourfiftythree
    Options

It starts in block 3 - just did it for the first time today.

Week 8 day 1 done! My diet has been off track the past couple of weeks and I'm going to try to clean it up for the rest of the program. Looking forward to results!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Did eccentric lower for the first time yesterday and it flew by. Might be one of my favorites so far. Definitely feeling it today.

Still haven't really lost any weight yet, but that wasn't necessarily one of my goals for the first month. Now I'm thinking for blocks 2 and 3 I'm going to adjust my diet a little bit and try to cut some fat.
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Today is my second day on the lean schedule. I pretty much decided to complete this week and switch to classic. I'm used to doing circuit and after only two days I miss my weights lol
  • lin7604
    Options
    yup i did 30 days of lean and had no results so i switched to classic too