P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Checking in....Day 43 Upper Eccentric: This workout is the one that rocks my world. I still have to pause it to get all
    10 pull-ups-to-negative pull ups in. I'm also really pushing weights and form on the dumbell excercises. I find myself
    jonesing for The Challenge to see how my my pull-up total has increased by. Soon enough.

Day 44 Lower Eccentric: I find myself getting a little ahead of Tony and the gang, cause I've done this workout enough to
    know whats next and the form I should use. This one never hits me until I'm done. Then I have a nice total body soreness...which is what YogaX is for the next day.

I'm doing the Mass circuit. I did measure before starting...I don't plan on measuring again until my 90 days are up. According to my
    wife...the muscles in my arms are bigger. Time will tell....It's all about the journey...having a healthy happy one.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just starting week 7, and for the first time, I thinking about just returning the program for a refund. I have lost 4" and NO pounds over the last 6+ weeks. My eating is decent. Not great, but decent. I supplement with walking a couple miles a day and Barre and yoga classes 3x/week. In fact, I think the 4" I lost was from when I added Barre to my weekly routine :(

Anyone else? I actually really like the workouts themselves, but the scale just isn't moving after a month and a half, so it doesn't seem like this is the workout for me.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Just starting week 7, and for the first time, I thinking about just returning the program for a refund. I have lost 4" and NO pounds over the last 6+ weeks. My eating is decent. Not great, but decent. I supplement with walking a couple miles a day and Barre and yoga classes 3x/week. In fact, I think the 4" I lost was from when I added Barre to my weekly routine :(

Anyone else? I actually really like the workouts themselves, but the scale just isn't moving after a month and a half, so it doesn't seem like this is the workout for me.
    If all you're worried about is a number on a scale than you should focus more on your diet and less on what workout plan you're doing. It's only a half hour of exercise a day, it's not going to make you magically drop 20 lbs unless you change your diet also.

I'm in week 6 and I've lost maybe a pound or two. But I can definitely see more muscle definition, my pants fit better, I can balance longer, I'm more flexible, I feel better, and I don't get tired as easily. I just know that in order to drop more weight I need to eat a bit better as well.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options

If all you're worried about is a number on a scale than you should focus more on your diet and less on what workout plan you're doing. It's only a half hour of exercise a day, it's not going to make you magically drop 20 lbs unless you change your diet also.

I'm in week 6 and I've lost maybe a pound or two. But I can definitely see more muscle definition, my pants fit better, I can balance longer, I'm more flexible, I feel better, and I don't get tired as easily. I just know that in order to drop more weight I need to eat a bit better as well.

I'm certainly not looking to drop 20 lbs overnight. I AM expecting to drop pounds when I'm working out and tracking my intake, though. A "decent, not great" day for me is still under 2k calories, so there's really no reason 30 min of working out, an hourish of walking, and yoga and Barre aren't enough activity to help me lose weight.

I know I didn't mention it above, but I've already completed previous Beachbody programs, all with pretty great results. This is the first time I've got a big fat 0 to show for my efforts.
  • Roadie2000
    Options
    I'm certainly not looking to drop 20 lbs overnight. I AM expecting to drop pounds when I'm working out and tracking my intake, though. A "decent, not great" day for me is still under 2k calories, so there's really no reason 30 min of working out, an hourish of walking, and yoga and Barre aren't enough activity to help me lose weight.

I know I didn't mention it above, but I've already completed previous Beachbody programs, all with pretty great results. This is the first time I've got a big fat 0 to show for my efforts.
    At the end of the day, the only thing that matters for weight loss is calories in versus calories out. If you're not losing weight you're probably underestimating your intake or overestimating your exercise calories.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters for weight loss is calories in versus calories out. If you're not losing weight you're probably underestimating your intake or overestimating your exercise calories.
    You are right about that if no weight loss, it means the person is not in calorie deficit. However, if you follow program nutrition plan, you supposed to lose fat. The problem is the P90x3 nutrition plan is screwed up big time. The calories it suggests to eat is probably the MAINTENANCE calories with no deficit, but that is not what the guide say.

I started as a 206 lb female with sedentary job. The plan suggests 2400 cal for over 200 lb, and 2100 calories under 200 lb. I decided not to eat 2400, because that sounded ridiculously high, and I ate around 2150-2200 in the first 3 weeks totally compliant with the nutrition plan.
    Result 2lb gain on 1st week, 1 lb gain on 2nd week, and half lb gain on 3rd week. I dropped 200-250 calorie on the 4th week, and voila the gain stopped. Nevertheless block 1 resulted almost 4 lb GAIN, because I followed the nutrition plan.

I got an accurate RMR testing, and a chat with a dietitian who almost laughed at the nutrition plan suggestion. From the begin of 5th week I reduced my intake with another 250 calories, and finally I started to lose. Now I eat ~1700 , which is more than 500 less than the plan suggested. I am starting block 2 transition week tomorrow, and finally today was the first day since I started that I went below my starting weight. .

The workout itself is good, but it is disheartening, that all my hard work in block 1 went for nothing. I obviously was overeating because of the flawed nutrition plan. Plus the entire block 2 effort was for recover the damage I did by following the plan in the 1st block. I could have lost 7-8 lb by now just following MFP guidance to lose a moderate 1 lb per week.

Lesson learned: do not follow anything blindly! If a calorie intake sounds high, it is high!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I didn't get to do the program very long before my surgery (2 weeks), but I had no loss at all. No inches or lbs. I know it was only 2 weeks, but in the program we did before this one I noticed loss every week. I've talked to a few other people that are noticing the same thing even after a month or more. I've followed you long enough to know you're putting in the work, so I hope it starts to pay off for you!! Good luck!
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just started. Day 2 for me. So far so good.
  • Roadie2000
    Options
    You are right about that if no weight loss, it means the person is not in calorie deficit. However, if you follow program nutrition plan, you supposed to lose fat. The problem is the P90x3 nutrition plan is screwed up big time. The calories it suggests to eat is probably the MAINTENANCE calories with no deficit, but that is not what the guide say.

I started as a 206 lb female with sedentary job. The plan suggests 2400 cal for over 200 lb, and 2100 calories under 200 lb. I decided not to eat 2400, because that sounded ridiculously high, and I ate around 2150-2200 in the first 3 weeks totally compliant with the nutrition plan.
    Result 2lb gain on 1st week, 1 lb gain on 2nd week, and half lb gain on 3rd week. I dropped 200-250 calorie on the 4th week, and voila the gain stopped. Nevertheless block 1 resulted almost 4 lb GAIN, because I followed the nutrition plan.

I got an accurate RMR testing, and a chat with a dietitian who almost laughed at the nutrition plan suggestion. From the begin of 5th week I reduced my intake with another 250 calories, and finally I started to lose. Now I eat ~1700 , which is more than 500 less than the plan suggested. I am starting block 2 transition week tomorrow, and finally today was the first day since I started that I went below my starting weight. .

The workout itself is good, but it is disheartening, that all my hard work in block 1 went for nothing. I obviously was overeating because of the flawed nutrition plan. Plus the entire block 2 effort was for recover the damage I did by following the plan in the 1st block. I could have lost 7-8 lb by now just following MFP guidance to lose a moderate 1 lb per week.

Lesson learned: do not follow anything blindly! If a calorie intake sounds high, it is high!
    Very true, I skimmed through the nutrition plan and the calorie range seemed a little high so I just decided to keep within the same range I've had luck with on MFP.

I think that's set up for people who have no idea how to eat healthy or what calorie range to shoot for, but if you've been on MFP for a while and know how to eat right you shouldn't have to change much.
  • redheadmommy
    Options

Very true, I skimmed through the nutrition plan and the calorie range seemed a little high so I just decided to keep within the same range I've had luck with on MFP.

I think that's set up for people who have no idea how to eat healthy or what calorie range to shoot for, but if you've been on MFP for a while and know how to eat right you shouldn't have to change much.
    I am on MFP for quite a while, but prior to the program I was breastfeeding for 14 months, and prior to that I was pregnant for 9 months. Those thing require 3-500 calories extra a day , plus your priority is obviously not weight loss. I just weaned my baby on the first week of the program, and I was a bit lost about how much to eat and I thought following beachbody to the letter is the sure thing.
    Plus those flashy claims of participants burning so high amount of calories ( a youtube video mentioned thousand! ) made me believe that the calorie allowance is justified.

Anyway , It is in the past now, at the end I figured it out and adjusted accordingly. I really hope I dip below 200 lb by the end. Thankfully block 2 really picked up the pace and all 3 strength training days were awesome. I am looking forward block 3. I probably add some strong lift for my transition weeks .
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm on day-32 of P90X3 and have lost 9lb so far. Started the program at 223 so I still have a ways to go. Didn't bother with the nutrition guide and just continued doing what I was doing with MFP.
  • mitchellbell43
    Options
    I am thinking thinking of buying x3. I did p90x a few years ago but didn't complete it because it was to much time for me to invest at the time..... I was working long hours and driving my kids around their sports and activities. I like the idea of 30 minutes a day as I can fit that in pretty easy. I would love to hear what most peoples results have been, as I have about 15 lbs to lose. I am only moderately active now, mostly do light cardio and some weights about 3 days a week. Also want to know how much cardio is in it as I have a friend who is training with a personal trainer for the last 9 months and she is only doing heavy weight lifting but her results are amazing. She used to be a avid runner and carb addict, but now has completely changed her body with only doing weight and eating low carb. She has paid almost almost $2000.00 for the training, and I cannot afford anything like that. I was hoping that x3 would be a good fit for me to help me get in really good shape, but I know now if I want to change my body I have to do more weight training and not waste my time on cardio. So how much cardio is x3 and are you seeing a change in your body composition like the people in the test group? Thanks for any tips!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    the lean phase has way more cardio in it and i saw NO results after block 1.. so i am doing classic now.. I know i will see a change now.. it is more difficult and has more weights in it... way less cardio...
  • phatman007
    Options
    I am on the third day of block 3. In the first block I lost 6lbs. and in the second block I did not lose or gain anything. I try to keep my cals at 1200-1600 a day. The weekends I always go a little crazy. The results are not as good as I expected,but they are good none the less. I figure I am going to have to do it again and cut the cals lower to get lean. All in all, compared to the hour and 15 minute p90x, these results aren't too bad. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Started 1st day of block 2. Triometrics the day after I went jogging for the first time in months was not a good idea. I was thinking that after a month of P90X3 that I was ready to go back jogging again. The jogging went fine but I felt that on my legs a back. The next day Triometrics. It goes without saying I struggled. With some muscle pain on my legs and back Triometrics was hard. I have to take some breather on some exercises.

After doing Lean program for a month I did not lose any weight. But my cardio got better. Now I'm thinking of changing to classic just like what lin7604 in the previous post.
  • redheadmommy
    Options
    Anybody still around here? I know I started a month or so behind most people who started along with this topic. I suspect that many of you have finished or very close to finishing by now. What is your overall impression? I felt underwhelmed with block 1, but block 2 nicely picked up the pace. Now starting block 3, I have a feeling this will be very similar to block 1 again :( Deccelerator seems somewhat similar to total synergistic, which is the most mediocre of all the strength training days. During the transition week, I went to lift in the gym, and I got so sore that I have never experienced with P90x3. Now I am thinking that I will replace Total synergistic and maybe even decelerator with a gym session with some compound movements.
    any opinion on that?
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Personally.... I kinda just do whatever I want to do during a program like this. I switch workout days around, sub workouts I like for ones I don't like, etc. I think it's important for the program to be enjoyable and if you wake up thinking ugghhhhhhhh it's total Synergistics day! Then you are more likely to quit altogether, so you may as well do something similar that you actually enjoy. I'm in week 10 and I've never done mmx. Don't like martial arts style stuff. Would rather do agility x, cvx.... go for a run, do jumping jacks for half an hour, dunk my head into a toilet.... literally anything else than mmx. I would like to think it hasn't effected my progress at all.
  • nicole325
    nicole325 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought this program around Christmas but didn't really have the time to commit to it. I did 2 weeks and then stopped

Now that the weather is getting nicer and summer is around the corner, I'm ready to really buckle down and do this.
    I started Day 1 this morning and am looking to connect with others who are doing P90x3 and seeing results.

Thanks!
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I bought this program around Christmas but didn't really have the time to commit to it. I did 2 weeks and then stopped

Now that the weather is getting nicer and summer is around the corner, I'm ready to really buckle down and do this.
    I started Day 1 this morning and am looking to connect with others who are doing P90x3 and seeing results.

Thanks!
    Mine arrive today, so fitness test and start Monday, I'm also looking to link up with others on P90x3.
    Might be worth starting a new group!?
  • jessie0494
    jessie0494 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im starting either tomorrow, sunday, or monday! Ive been sick so it depends how I feel who's with me! Add me as your friend and we can talk about our journeys!